Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilysDad

We are all off to dlrp on Saturday morning - 12 of us age 3 - 47!
My family & I have been AP holders in the past but this time as we have a group booking deal we didn't renew.
We'll be there for 5 days and as the package includes the hopper passes, my plan is something like this:

Day 1.  Buy an AP for me and get a free under 7s AP for one of the children.
On our return, sell the unused hopper passes (4 days x 1 child + 1 adult) on Ebay to recoup some of the costs.

Would anyone be willing to email me a sponsorship form ?

- slightly Off Topic but does anyone know if AP holders get the Extra Magic hours ?

Chris.

ford prefect

I would be happy to sponser you, however you may find that the passes expire on the last day of your holiday, so you may not be able to sell them on ebay.

Dream passport holders can use magic hours, all other passports can only be used for emh if you are staying in a disney hotel (you must have your hotel id card)
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

LilysDad

Quote from: "ford prefect"I would be happy to sponser you, however you may find that the passes expire on the last day of your holiday, so you may not be able to sell them on ebay.

Thanks.
You have a PM.

Elaine

Hi Lilysdad,

You might already be aware of this, but if your last AP's expired less than 2 years ago, you can't get sponsorship discount on buying new ones.

Elaine

LilysDad

Thanks Elaine.  Thinking back on it, the last time we went would have been Feb. 2005 as my wife was heavily pregnant expecting our son at the time and could barely squeeze into the Mad Hatters Teacups  :wink: so we should be clear.

Do you know whether I can combine the sponsorship discount with the free child's AP ??  The website seems to say not (if my French is up to scratch) but wasn't sure whether this is enforced/known about by the CMs.

Elaine

No, you definitely can't combine the 2 (I tried  :-" ).
What you can do though, is do your annual pass purchases in 2 separate transactions.

Do you only need one AP and one childs free, or are you buying more APs at the same time?

If so, you do your kids one(s) free purchase first.

Then, as a completely separate transaction, you can buy other APs and get the 10% discount on each of those with the sponsorship you've been offered by ford perfect.

Does that make sense?

Elaine

shaz076

Sorry for butting in on this but when we bought our annual passes 4 adults & 4 children (3 kids under 7) we didnt get free ap's for the kids.  We bought them in June, was it available then?? We were all charged!

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Yes, it was available in June! From what I read here in the forums they don't always mention the discount, you specifically have to ask for it. In my opinion this is no good policy or maybe the fault of the CM that happens to be at work when you are there.

If you paid APs for 3 (!) kids under 7 I would write a letter to DLRP and tell them about that, because that really is not fair. Maybe they offer you some "compensation".

shaz076

Just emailed dlrp, hope i get a reply!

Elaine

I had to ask at the AP office for the free childs pass, but you're certainly entitled to email DLRP now and query why you weren't offered the kids free passes in June.

Did you pay full price for them all, or did you use sponsorship discount?

Elaine

shaz076

We paid full price for them all!!! If i dont get a reply from dlrp i will definitely be asking questions when i get there in September.  They cant have one rule for some and another rule for others!  :x

Disneyland Paris Treasures

I got some more AP questions:

1.) With AP, how do you get Fatspass? Do the APs fit into the Fastpass distribution machines?

2.) If only one person owns a AP (Dream), can he book the room for the whole family with discount?

3.) If only one person owns a AP (Dream), can he pay the bill in the restaurant for all four with discount?

Thanks in advance!!

Anonymous

I'm planning on getting the Dream AP in September. With 2 trips a year this should be a good saving for me.

Elaine

Hi Mobi,

APs are the same size as park tickets, and work just fine in fastpass machines  :D

Yes, with one Dream AP, the Dream AP holder can book the whole family into onsite rooms (up to 2 rooms per booking).

And yes, with one Dream AP, the Dream AP holder can get the 10% restaurant discount for the whole parties bill.

Remember to use that Dream AP for all your souvenir shopping too - thats a 20% saving on almost everything you buy, almost everywhere in DLRP and the Village that you buy it!

Elaine

Nicholas-c

main reason I got the dream pass was because of the discount. If you think about it you are actually saving money by getting the dream pass (if you buy alot of stuff)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone