Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alison

Hi everyone.

Recently I received an Annual Passport renewal letter which asked that I renew in July to gain 6 extra months free.
Then I received another letter which differs slightly : it seems to offer the 18 months for the price of 12 again but without the stipulation that we renew in July. The only requirement seems to be that our passports expire by the end of July.

We are booked to go 31/8 so I was hoping to use this then.
Anybody know anything about this second offer ?

thanks!

Elaine

I'm not quite at that stage yet - our APs expire in October.
I would email DLRP and ask them for clarification of the second offer you have had - I usually get a response from this email address -

mailto:DLP.GUEST.COMMUNICATION@disney.com">DLP.GUEST.COMMUNICATION@disney.com

Elaine

Anonymous

How do the annual passports run in terms of dates?

I'm going 14th September, and planning on getting a pass on my first day.

Now, I tend to book for a week in March around my birthday, and a week in mid-September.

What I mean to say is, would the annual pass expire on the 13th September, or do they go to the end of the month? I'm just thinking about booking next September's holiday with the AP discount.

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"What I mean to say is, would the annual pass expire on the 13th September, or do they go to the end of the month? I'm just thinking about booking next September's holiday with the AP discount.

The pass would expire the day you bought it, but a year later, for example, if you bought your pass today (29th July) it would expire the 29th july 2009
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Anonymous

So how do you go about renewing the pass, and booking a holiday with discounts if you're wanting to book the same week again?

For example, I'm there 14th - 19th September.

How am I fixed if I want to book the exact same week in 2009?

Elaine

Do you mean booking a room only with your AP discount?
Thats still possible - I've done it myself this year. I have a Dream AP, and it expires on 1/10/08. I've booked the Santa Fe with a Dream AP discount for 6th to 8th October 2008. I have been advised by the CM on the phone when I booked this that I will have to show my renewed Dream annual pass at check-in, otherwise I will be charged full price for the room.

I am intending posting off for my extension to my current Dream AP, as I will have 3 sponsors before the expiry date on it.

You can renew your annual pass by post as well, within 30 days of the original expiry date.

Elaine

Anonymous

Ah, thank you - yes, that's what I was meaning.

I tend to visit in March and September, for roughly the same week's each year now, but I was concerned as to how it would work for September next year.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Elaine"... I am intending posting off for my extension to my current Dream AP, as I will have 3 sponsors before the expiry date on it. ...
I am sorry, I don't understand. What does "posting off for my extension to my current Dream AP" mean??

Elaine

Hi,

It means I'll be sending off my annual pass, my 3 sponsored stamps, and a letter, to the Annual Pass office at DLRP, through the post, asking them to extend my existing pass for free for another 12 months. As I understand it, this can't be done more than 30 days in advance of the expiry date on my pass. It doesn't have to be done in person, just as buying a renewal pass can also be done through the post.

Elaine

Anonymous

What's the deal with sponsors, and how does that work?

Elaine

Okay, these are the general conditions for sponsorship benefits on annual passes.

When you buy your own annual pass, once you have had it for more than one month, you can sponsor other people (friends, family, anyone you know really) when they buy their annual passes. You give them your sponsorship details (you can download the sponsor form from the French Disney site) and they use your sponsorship to get 10% off the cost of their annual pass. DLRP stamp your sponsor form when a new pass is bought using your sponsorship.

Once you have 3 sponsor stamps (these have to be collected within 12 months of you originally buying your own annual pass) you are eligible to extend your existing annual pass for free, for another 12 months, from the original expiry date of your pass.

Thats the basics.

Elaine

Anonymous

Thanks Elaine for all the advice. Definitely intending to get an AP in September, so your information has been very enlightening.

:)

Alison

Hello again!
Thanks Elaine for your advice.

I'm wondering if we should be sponsored this time around to get our 10% off. It'll be new to me. Can you just do it when you get to the AP Bureau? - with the sponsor's details.? And would all 6 of us benefit? Also do you still get the family discount? (It's just with fuel and energy bills going up - you all get the drift!)

ford prefect

If you are going more than once it is worth getting an AP and definately worth getting sponsored.

(PM me if you would like me to sponsor you!)

You only get one discount, so either family or sponsors discount, so you will need to decide if it is economical.

Also, what type of AP did you want to buy?
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Alison

Hi thanks Ford Prefect. I'll have to figure this one out. Reading the small print on my letter though I have just discovered - " Offer may not be combined with other offers or discounts except the Family Discount". Which must mean I can't be sponsored!? Anyway thanks to the email address from Elaine I've just had an email from Disney saying that we have to renew by 10/8 by post if we want to take advantage of the 6 extra free months. So I'm in a bit of a panic now as I've never done anything like this by post before to Disney. I don't trust the postal system all that much. Yikes!