What is your least pleasurable DLRP experience?

Started by Masamune, December 28, 2006, 12:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Pixie-Kirsty*

Quote from: "Masamune"Where in the Park does que jumping tend to occur? Like, what rides?

Its happened to me on BTM, Space Mountain, Pirates and Indiana Jones. It happens to me quite a lot whenever I go, I must be an easy target!  :?

Patrick

Well I have had people queue jump all the time, I don't seem to care lately, though, always too busy taking photos :lol: .  Autopia was the last time I can remember last trip when some people left the queue, so the people behind them decided to just walk in front of me while I was taking a photo.  Sneaky move :lol: .

Samninetysix

Quote from: "Baloo"You know what my absolute #1 annoyance is?  I only just remembered it - when you're queueing in line but every time you move the person behind you steps *right* up to you, so they're touching you.  So the next time you move, you step a bit further forward, to allow for it, but then they move even closer!  So the next time, you don't move as much, and they practically walk into you.  This happens 99% of the time, am I just not queueing properly? :lol:

LOL, yeh, thats wierd how that happens, u feel like turning round and saying "look, if u really like me that much, call me!" :D

DisneyBud

I think Big Thunder Mountain is a big hotspot for the queue jumpers, just because it's so popular and everyone is trying to get on as quickly as possible, as I found that queue area to be extremely chlaustrophobic. I remember a particular instance where an english person (I guess they assumed we were foreign) muttered something about us pushing in, even though I was only trying to keep up with my friends and i was before them originally! It's things like that, when people can't be patient and wait their turn that really gets my goat!!

RnRCj

I don't think I have ever experienced queue jumping at DLRP (Apart from when I did it myself because somebody was filming in the queue line for so long I just pushed right past them :P).

Maybe it's because I usually queue with my Dad, and he is quite big...  :lol:

Masamune

@ Baloo - ;) Maybe people just want to get close to you? :lol:

@ Pixie - BTM probably has the biggest que in the whole park, so there's bound to be some people who simply have to try and get ahead. :(

@ Pat - :P You should start taking pictures of que jumpers in the act!

@ Disney - Exactly! Last time we visited, we went in the Fast Pass BTM que, and even that was insane. I don't see what pushing past just 1 or 2 people is supposed to accomplish though.

Anthony

Quote from: "Masamune"@ Baloo - ;) Maybe people just want to get close to you? :lol:
I knew someone would say that! :lol: But hey, who could blame them, eh?  [/sarcasm]

I must have the same people following me throughout the parks then... :?

Masamune

:P Sorry, but it had to be said.

:lol: The idea of being stalked around DLRP makes me laugh.

actiontoyboy

Bad experiences...Hmm...not to many. Good thing about being Dutch is our language, a perfect weapon when people are not behaving very nicely.

Picture this: 1995 Walt Disneyland California...doing the peaceful Small World tour...my friend and I are both in front enjoying the ride...but after few seconds a group of youngsters are starting to talk very loud, swearing a bit and hanging overboard and catching water in their hands and making their own water ballet...One of them even steps out of the boat for a few seconds to step into one of the decors!
The other guests in the boat seemed to be a bit frightened by this group, no one said a word. (very understandable)
At the point when their water ballet game started to make me wet, I was at the point of no return...I stood up, turned around facing them, began to talk very loud in Dutch, using words with many R's and G's in it...These guys were all speaking English off course (as we were in the US), so not understanding that strange language, but it worked! They immediately shut up....I sat down expecting a knife in my back any second :lol:
But for the rest of the ride they behaved like Petite Enfants....
I was so proud of what I did, but at the same time I was thinking; oh my god what if they were not intimated by my little performance? They could easily have thrown me overboard!

So, for those who speak Dutch...use your language....no matter what you say just remember to use a lot of R's en G's in what you say, these do sound very hard and intimidating :)

For DLRP, oh well, I had my share of bad behaving through the last 15 years, but you have to come from a very good planet to ruin my day....The magic always wins from the bad vibes. :wink:

Gerrit-Jan
Holland

Masamune

:D Good for you, standing up to them like that! Considering no one else would, that's very brave of you. :roll: If you would've told them to stop in English, they probably would've laughed in your face. If English youngsters are anything to go by, they don't like being told what to do by strangers. I'm not sure if American youngsters are the same.

actiontoyboy

Quote from: "Masamune":D Good for you, standing up to them like that! Considering no one else would, that's very brave of you.

At the time I wasn't sure of that...things could've ended very differently...and wet... :lol:

Quote from: "Masamune"If you would've told them to stop in English, they probably would've laughed in your face.

I'm 100% sure of that, it was purely because of the suprise effect of me talking a language they didn't understand. :lol:  :lol:

GJ :)

Jorien

Well done actiontoyboy!!

Wow, i didn't know our language (Dutch) could have such an influence. I'll remember it!  :wink:

Masamune

:o Some people are so silly. They could've got their hands caught on something and got pulled into the water and then crushed by the next boat. :shock:

RnRCj

People who are so boring that they can't just sit down and enjoy a ride should find something else to do with their lives...

Well done actiontoyboy! I must say, I'm actually quite proud of you  :P

Yankeesfan

Quote from: "Samninetysix"
Quote from: "Baloo"You know what my absolute #1 annoyance is?  I only just remembered it - when you're queueing in line but every time you move the person behind you steps *right* up to you, so they're touching you.  So the next time you move, you step a bit further forward, to allow for it, but then they move even closer!  So the next time, you don't move as much, and they practically walk into you.  This happens 99% of the time, am I just not queueing properly? :lol:

LOL, yeh, thats wierd how that happens, u feel like turning round and saying "look, if u really like me that much, call me!" :D

I'm so going to say that if it happens when i'm there next :D