What is your least pleasurable DLRP experience?

Started by Masamune, December 28, 2006, 12:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkerbelle

let's not forget that death is an important topic, even in disney movies. i don't see why it's not appropiate, i mean, of course it isn't appropiate to dig in the topic too far or take it to sensationalism, but as far as it is treated with all of its deserved respect i don't see why we can't even express how concerned and sad we are about it.
for as long as the forum is open to new members i'm afraid the topic will come up every now and then
too bad to hear that previous discussions had led to thread-closures in the past!  :cry:

MinniesBestPal

...Yeah... It is in Disney Movies a lot, but in most those characters usually "come back to life" like snow white, beauty and the beast, etc.

ANYHOO, back to worst experiences.

THIS RIDICULOUS KID FELL ON MY HEAD IN ANIMAGIQUE! Its my favourite show in the studios, and he kept screaming "I'M SCARED!" and jumping up and down waving his arms yelling "ITS THE LITTLE MERMAID! ITS THE LION KING!" Then, he leaned too far forward in his seat, fell off, and both his hands smacked right on the top of my head!  :evil:

Also, when we were standing in the que to get into the Winnie The Pooh show, this woman rammed her pram into me and my dads legs, then said "Oh, sorry!!" in a very harsh tone, so my dad leaned over to me and said "Well maybe she should watch where she's going!" and the woman yelled back "Maybe you shouldn't stand in the way!"

ITS A QUE FOR GOODNESS SAKE! WHERE ELSE ARE WE MEANT TO GO?!

We didn't get into that show anyway, because my dad and this woman started arguing, and then my brother was complaining he was feeling sick, so we just went shopping in main street.

MizzRabbit

I've had a couple of bad experiences but they're always related to guests. At Christmas I was in the Phantom Manor ride. I had been looking so much forward to it and was all gitty. But two stupid teenage girls ruined the ride by screaming and laughing and making fun of it. That really pissed me off after waiting 20 min to get in.
Other than that, I've had problems with queue jumpers and french parents with their uncontrollable kids pushing and shoving at the parade line.

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Flounder

The week before last week a female CM named Charline at Space Mountain was giving out Fast Passes to selected guests after the attraction broke down. We were watching her doing so after she talked to people in line to our right. As we later came down and passed her by we asked whether we could also have Fast Passes like the other guests. Well, she just said no and ignored our following request kinda pretending that she does not understand enough english and saying the she did not have any Fast Passes at all which was a provable lie.

She was obviously only giving it to french speaking peeps. We complained about that the same day at City Hall and received a litte compensation. Thanks for that ... but after that experience a little bitter taste stayed as CMs like that take so much of the wonderful experience you are supposed to have at a Disney Theme Park.

There were some more bad experiences I made in that past - but those were all guest related.

Cheers,
Flounder

littlemermaid83

Meeting someone who worked there and finding out what a liar two face person they was  :lol: Thankfully he has now left his job and moved on to terroise new people elsewhere   :evil: .
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

MagicMaster

In Sequoia Lodge a staff member was really nasty when we were asked how to get to the restaurants. She just pointed and shouted in a loud, nasty voice: 'THAT WAY'. Some people should have some manners! ](*,)  [-X  8-[

Clarebelle

Quote from: "MagicMaster"In Sequoia Lodge a staff member was really nasty when we were asked how to get to the restaurants. She just pointed and shouted in a loud, nasty voice: 'THAT WAY'. Some people should have some manners! ](*,)  [-X  8-[

Oh no!! hope you found the restaurant.

I'm just about to book that hotel!!  :( Hope they're not all like that,
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

MagicMaster

Quote from: "Clarebelle"
Quote from: "MagicMaster"In Sequoia Lodge a staff member was really nasty when we were asked how to get to the restaurants. She just pointed and shouted in a loud, nasty voice: 'THAT WAY'. Some people should have some manners! ](*,)  [-X  8-[

Oh no!! hope you found the restaurant.

I'm just about to book that hotel!!  :( Hope they're not all like that,

Good news! They're not all like that! In fact, all the others were really nice, especially when you walk into/ out of the restaurants. :D

Epcot_Boy

QuoteOh no!! hope you found the restaurant.

I'm just about to book that hotel!!  :( Hope they're not all like that

Their not :D  :)  :lol:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Clarebelle

good, I'm all booked up now so can't change it, some people just spoil it for everyone don't they?

britincgn

Seeing children doing things in the bushes with the restrooms just feet away.
Sitting outside the Cowboy Cookout BBQ and having parents changing nappies on the table next to me......and this has not happend just once. :x

Clarebelle

Quote from: "britincgn"Seeing children doing things in the bushes with the restrooms just feet away.
Sitting outside the Cowboy Cookout BBQ and having parents changing nappies on the table next to me......and this has not happend just once. :x

Thats disgusting! how to parents do this? and justify it?

toonarmylass

theres no justifaction for it. i am mum, my son used to mess his nappy just like any other, but im sorry if you dont like the smell, i dont either but he will be changes as soon as i find a changing area, theres is no excuse being in a dirty nappy a few minutes longer will not kill them

andrewuk

It has to be the bus ride to/from the Val de France hotels. Absolutely packed to the roof in the evenings it is. Last Xmas an English couple decided to moan about how rude everyone was, but didn't really make any effort to communicate that they needed people to move so that they could get their stuff off the bus, beyond talking in English.  :(
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

burntsienna

although i havent had an unpleasurable DLRP experience... i didnt like this one lol
i was in one of the stores down Main Street with a basket full of shopping and i went to pay, and all the tills down the right side of the street had gone down =[
i had to go but all my shopping back haha to only have to find it again later one =]
haha its not bad but still, i was worried incase i couldnt find the stuff again...haha
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"