What is your least pleasurable DLRP experience?

Started by Masamune, December 28, 2006, 12:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendy

Well I've got one really horrible experience to tell and I apologise in advance for the yukkyness of the content...

On our first day in the park my hubby was messing around with the boys on the way back to the hotel and we were all taking different paths out of the park in front of DLH, he and my youngest son went for the far right hand path which winds around the pretty gardens, when we met up at the gate (next to where the bag check is) he told me that he had seen a big pile of poo on the path :shock: I didnt believe him but he was adamant that it was not mud or chocolate icecream etc.  

We soon forgot about the moment but when we were leaving the park a few days later, once again we were racing and being silly about which path to take so I took the far right path and he said "ooh look out for the poo!" of course I thought he was being silly as it was bound to be cleared up, but when I walked up the path, sure enough there was a big turd on the edge of the path, with two or three wet wipes thrown onto the nearby flower borders :shock:  

My worries are 1. Who on earth would do this?  There are toilets just inside and just outside the park turnstyles, just going to the loo on the side of the path, even if it was a child, is disgusting!  and 2.  Why had it not been cleaned up since my husband first noticed it days earlier?  :cry:

I dread to think how horrid it would be if a child had stepped in it etc.   Yeuk!! :x  some people have no respect for others!  :evil:
Second Star To The Right And Straight On Til Morning!

xx Wen xx

My Trip Report: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5261

burntsienna

Ewww that's terrible!!
I can't believe they hadn't cleaned it up!!! :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

MizzRabbit

That is really gross! Not something I'd expect real human beings to do. I bet it was Mickey!

Well, it is rather disgusting. If you happend to take a pic you should probably send it to Disney. They must have very lazy maintainance staff.

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"That is really gross! Not something I'd expect real human beings to do. I bet it was Mickey!

Well, it is rather disgusting. If you happend to take a pic you should probably send it to Disney. They must have very lazy maintainance staff.

Maybe Mickey forgot to bring a bag with him when he took Pluto for a walk  :wink:
If you thinks that's bad, the one and only time I stayed at Butlins, someone had pooed in the wardrobe !!!  :?

burntsienna

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"If you thinks that's bad, the one and only time I stayed at Butlins, someone had pooed in the wardrobe !!!  :?

Ooo that's sick!
But I couldn't help but laugh!
Why the wardrobe? lol
Surely there was a toilet within about 10steps away! lol
Its just terrible!
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

MinniesBestPal

Quote from: "burntsienna"
Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"If you thinks that's bad, the one and only time I stayed at Butlins, someone had pooed in the wardrobe !!!  :?

Ooo that's sick!
But I couldn't help but laugh!
Why the wardrobe? lol
Surely there was a toilet within about 10steps away! lol
Its just terrible!

Hahaha! Reminds me of a camping trip I had last year! There were rumours going around that someone lived in the forest, so me and a group of kids went on a little expedition! We walked right round in this forest! We saw squirrels, an owl and a couple of bats, and one girl even found a snake (At which point I ran abck to my tent until she had gotton rid of it! XD) and we came across human poo... Loads of it, so we were convinced someone lived in the forest!

Then later while everyone was in the playground, this little girl yells "WHO WANTS TO SEE SOME POO?" and runs into the forest, and this guy that was pushing a kid on a baby swing goes "What, is she gonna go and do one?"

It was hilarious!!! But at the same time, disgusting!

But that is true, you shouldn't be doing that in the wardrobe! If that was me I'd have refused to go back in the room!

lil-shawn

Hey peeps,

so my badest DLRP trip is the upcoming trip i can´t go...

my best friend promised me we can go and i can book, so
i did, now i paid everything and she just say i have to break it up and
give her the money back money back. This is the end of
a trip in DLRP for now  :cry:  :cry:  

what a good friend hmmm???

never2old

Oh no, that is horrible  :shock: !!!

Really sorry for you, lil-shawn!!!

Are you able to cancel it?? Have you called Disney yet? Because I know from a friend (who had to cancel because her son was ill) it was quite difficult... Of course she did cancel very last minute...

I hope your friend has a good reason, I would be really really upset if someone did that to me  [-( !

Once again, really sorry for your bad news  :(

lil-shawn

QuoteOh no, that is horrible  !!!

Really sorry for you, lil-shawn!!!

Are you able to cancel it?? Have you called Disney yet? Because I know from a friend (who had to cancel because her son was ill) it was quite difficult... Of course she did cancel very last minute...

I hope your friend has a good reason, I would be really really upset if someone did that to me  !

Once again, really sorry for your bad news

Thank u, yeah it´s really horrible...

i did canceld it today without any problems... i had a travel insurance...

hmm i don´t know if its a good reason she have, the thing is i gave her to her birthday 200 euros, so she had to give me 180 for the rest but what she did is to buy a lot of new stuff
for the appartment ect. now she dont have any money anymore and i don´t give her any cent for this trip.... i´m really upset with her and she feel it, i don´t talk to her and dont write her...

So i have a lil light on this dark tunnel, maybe my family will go with me on December  :D/

LukeExcell

all my disney trips have been good. No real majour bad things. The only thing that really has ticked me off a bit every now and then.

People who let their Kids run SCREAMING AND JUMPING along the corridor of the hotels late at night, after comig back from the restuarants and village etc.
...Now sometimes this isn't kids and just noisey adults People need to learn respect. Their are people in the rooms potentially sleeping and the last thing you want is 'Mr. I think i'll knock on all the doors as i go along the corridor' Waking everyone up. Heck When i go along the corridors i just walk and talk quietly. I know little kids can get exicted but adults need to tell them to shut up...as for the adults well they just need a slap in the face..

jeakat24

The one that makes me sooo angry is the queue jumping, especially, as mention earlier on Pirates and Space Mountain.  :evil:

It's partly down to bad design and partly just plain rude people! There is a point in the Space Mountain queue where you could fit at least eight people side to side. Theres only two of us so it makes it really difficult to stop people jumping.
Once a couple of French teenagers had gone past my fiance so he put his arm up on the wall to stop them. We they just started pushing my back so I shot them my best evils  :evil: and stood firm. A couple of minutes later I turn round to see that I've been pushed completely away from my fiance. I tried to get back to him but this one girl (who was the main pusher) had the cheek to not let me pass and blocked my way. I checked there were no kids around before telling her in no uncertain terms where to go and I'm half ashamed/half proud to say I elbowed her in the ribs really hard. I'd just simply had enough of people pushing me through the whole trip and I wasn't going to take it anymore. It doesn't help that I'm a bit claustrophobic, especially in big crowds, but normally I'm ok in Disneyland.

We then reached the turnstile, which is another bad fault, having such a wide queue path that funnels down to one at a time and often I've seen people crushed. As we were trying to get through some of the group tried getting ahead of us again but the girl stopped them so I think I must have got her pretty hard.

I was so angry during the last part of the queue that I thought my legs would give way, I was shaking like a leaf. I've never been remotely violent before and I am ashamed of what I did.

It also makes you have to stand uncomfortably close to the person in front of just to make sure no one dives in the gap!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Walts heir

Re:
Quote from: "RnRCj"Once I was riding Space Mountain. As it launched me and my dad felt water hitting our face. We wondered what it was, and it kept happening throughout the whole ride. Then it came to us that two French teenagers sitting in front of us were spitting, and it's not very pleasant having other peoples spit on your face! When we arrived back at the station the Cast members asked if we wanted to go again. We told them about the people in front of us and they got chucked off the ride!

That is just extremely disgusting I can't believe hoe rude people can be

CafeFantasia

My least pleasurable experience at DLRP was probably the end of Animagique when Mickey starts singing "la la, la la" in a really girly, out-of-character way. That was very upsetting :-)

QTXAdsy

One trip I remember from my last trip was during the queue for ToT.
Very bad.

A couple of Frence lads, maybe in their early 20's, were smoking alot in the queue line. To make it worse, the queue line wasn't moving and by the time it did the whole area I was in was covered in smoke. Their was no wind aswell to blow the smoke away!!!

Many other people felt the same way as I did. Is their no ban of smoking in public places ban in France?

Here Come The Belgians!

Catalina

I've only had one bad experience during our trip last year, which was the Breakfast at the Cheyenne Hotel.

At 7:30 in the Morning, I am not at all awake enough to fight with other people for food! :D

The Place was packed, not one free seat and everybody in Panic that they weren't gonna get enough food, even though the Buffet was stacked! I was being pushed and shoved even though I had a tray in my hand, people leaning over me to get milk for their cereal and spilling half of it on me... some lady leaned over my tray to get orange jucie (it was actually "my turn", I had been q-ing nicely...  :wink: ) and then spilled all of it over my breakfast before pushing me out of the way to fill about 8 Glasses with Juice (they sat next to us afterwards. She drank about 2 Glasses, her Friend had one, the rest was left on the table).
It was unbelievable. I have never seen anything like it in my entire life. People were acting like they weren't gonna get anything to eat anymore for the next 5 Days!
Thank God, the next Day we had Breakfast at the Park.

Other than that I had no Problems ever in the Parks. I haven't been shoved or pushed or experienced q-jumping or any Problems at the Parades. After reading this Thread, I guess I must be pretty lucky!

The only other thing that really bothers me is to see how rude and poorly mannered Children behave towards the Characters. I would have never expected that.