Strikes causing problems in DLP

Started by DedicatedToDLP(Steve), March 30, 2012, 05:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I've just been reading that the strikers have caused the last Once Upon A Dream parade to be cancelled and then cheered when the announcement was made. Also WDS was closed because of the striking. This is terrible for the guests and what bad timing, I hope it doesn't affect the 20th Anniversary launch.

DLP.info are doing a great job covering it all here: http://www.dlp.info/News/2012/03/breaki ... and-paris/ and http://www.dlp.info/News/2012/03/more-b ... ing-worse/

EDIT: InsideDLParis is reporting that OUAD parade is delayed rather than cancelled, even though DLP.info reported that the cancellation was announced to guests.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

15MagicalYears

I'm confused as to why they were allowed in the park in the first place?

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Maybe they came in as normal and then congregated once inside?

InsideDLParis has just confirmed that OUAD parade has been cancelled. What a shame for it's very last performance. A sad farewell to a great parade and a song that grew on me.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

ed-uk

i don't think they should be allowed to do it inside the park, but it's horrible even if they do it outside the gates. This is when the real world comes crashing down on the magic. I don't hold out much hope for Disney Magic on Parade tomorrow. They should find another way of resolving their problems and not ruin the experience for the guests. I'm glad I'm not going in April now.
Ed & David

Rorschach

I hope they get fired.

Auroura86

talk about ruining it for everyone. They should've been taken off park immediately. Thousands have waited for that final performance, they've paid a lot of money, and this group of idiots have ruined it. What exactly are they striking over? As much as it's their right to strike, they should not be doing it the way they are.
Where me keys? Where me phone?

DisneyFanB

Quote from: "Auroura86"talk about ruining it for everyone. They should've been taken off park immediately. Thousands have waited for that final performance, they've paid a lot of money, and this group of idiots have ruined it. What exactly are they striking over? As much as it's their right to strike, they should not be doing it the way they are.

From what I read they are on strike for 4% increase in pay, 25% increase for Sundaywork , and a one time bonus of 359 euro for the 20th anniversary

MissDisneyisMagical

I think the so called cast members who caused the parade to be cancelled should be ashamed of themselves especially the ones who cheered when it was announced. I understand they may feel the need to strike and they are in the right to do so but in the guidelines to work for Disney isnt part of the job about keeping the magic alive for everyone. I'd be heart broken if I had been there.
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

Patrick

Well this came out of the blue, personally I cannot see DLP allowing the strike action to take hold of the press event tomorrow, but who knows, there's always a first.  It's also nice to see when the rest of Europe is going through pay freezes and very small pay increases these unions are demanding rather astronomical pay increases by 25% for Sunday work.  Well wouldn't it be nice if people were even paid more for Sunday to work in Britain. :roll:  Not to mention of course this bonus for the 20th anniversary, just wondering exactly why they should gain a bonus as it is the birthday year, this does sound very strange, as I am sure most of the cast members stating they want this have not even given 20 years service.  These strikes seem to have become an annual occurrence of late, I do wonder how long it will be before people striking are banned from inside the park, it does seem rather odd that they should even be allowed within the park and stop the parade so often.  But great to hear that characters went out and entertained the guests all the same, well done to the entertainment department.  :D

Scissorsboi

I wonder how many of these staff enjoyed the exclusive preview of Dreams last night?

I work at a theme park, and working weekends is something which is part and parcel of the job, it's the leisure industry. If you want any more pay for working weekends, then a normal 9-5 is for you. Work at a theme park and expect to see yourself working at weekends. Or alternatively, give your employer availability to say you can't work weekends and enjoy them as your days off.

Ruining it for everyone doesn't gain respect, it just dissapoints people.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Josh

If they're willing to go to enough lengths to stop the parade and block the entrance to Space Mountain, it goes to show how little these 50 cast "members" respect the guests.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ed-uk

They don't respect the guests, but they've done it before. It's a shame for those going to the press event on saturday because the strikers will probably want to course as much trouble as they can.
Ed & David

jrh

I can't believe I'm reading This!!!! When I saw this on twitter, I thought it was "lightning Strikes" that canceled OUADP, Stars and Cars today. Now I'm hearing that it was CM's Strikeing...  I loved OUADP and can't believe this happen! I thought that was only aloud outside the park!!!   I hope City Hall got a lot of comments today!  Tomorrow/today begins DLP's Biggest (and maybe most important) year ever.  They now have a fantastic night time show to live up to.  It 's time DLP puts it's foot down and steps up! What a shame on OUADP's last day!!!!

Inkredible

Hearing stuff like this really winds me up. Some people may have only been at the park for a day trip and it was ruined by these selfish people. The cast members applied for the job knowing the terms of employment. With any job that I've been in, if I didn't like the pay or the hours, I got another job. In the current climate, they are lucky to have jobs. especially to have jobs at a place where a lot of people would love to work.
WDW - July 2010 - All Stars Music (honeymoon)
DLP - March 2011 - Santa Fe
DLP - October 2011 - Santa Fe (can\'t wait)

ed-uk

It's bad enough for adults who have paid alot of money to go,  but they've also ruined it for children, it must be very disappointing for them. The strikers should find another way of making their point.
Ed & David