Horrible horrible smoking!

Started by Sully, December 02, 2011, 01:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneybookmama

Well the cast members can't do much, at least that's what they told me when I got pushed aside with my pregnant stomach into a pole last year at fantalusion. And to be honest I love DLRP but there are some people in the world without any manners.

lauramumof3

its horrid when the smokers smoke in the queues, you can move away from the elsewhere but its a bit hard when you are stuck in a queue. It spoils the place with the stink.
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

jonathan

Am I wrong in thinking that smoking is prohibited in DLP apart from in certain areas.  If this is the case then the cast members should be able to tell people to stop smoking and if they refuse refer them to security.

It is often a case of companies not backing up their policies I think.  We found this on a trip to Chessington.  My friend repeatedly asked staff there where the smoking areas where.  None of them knew or could find anybody who could help him locate them on the map.  So he just sparked up as did everyone else.  

If rules arent backed up then thery will always be easily broken.

Lorum

France, the country where everything is prohibited and no one follow the rules.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

jonathan

Quote from: "Lorum"France, the country where everything is prohibited and no one follow the rules.

too true.

amyvs7

I went in Sept 2011 and myself and 2 friends were queuing for Crush's Coaster (the outside bit before it goes undercover) this was first thing in the morning and there was a French person in front of us in the queue, and two more French people directly behind us, and all three of them were smoking! There were young children behind the two smokers, and i think i can recall we were all queuing directly next to some no smoking signs, although i could be wrong about that. Nevertheless, i was shocked that they were doing it in the queue!!!
Luckily a Cast Member spotted them and told them to stop, which they ignored. Then a minute or so later a different Cast Member told them to stop and they did.
Didn't experience anything else like that for the rest of my 5 day trip, luckily.

nathalie

We all know most smokers can't do without one every 10 minutes or so after finishing one, so let alone if they need to be a que for an hour.

2nd, you're outside, I really don't think any funpark for that matter, can set the rules that far, that you can't smoke outside anymore.

It's relying on the good mind of the people themselves, and unfortunetly, most of them are too blunt, and can't be without a sigaret for at least 30 minutes.  What a shame, if you can't hold it in for 30 minutes while waiting in line.

I am more bothered about people throwing their sigaret butts onto the ground!  Like there isn't a trashcan on every corner??
I'm really not bothered that much with people smoking outside (I do hate it while waiting in line or waiting for a parade, don't get me wrong, as you're all jammed up next to each other most of the time), but when sitting on a bench, if I really don't wanna sit next to someone who is smoking, I'll find another spot to sit, or when already sitting down, I'll just move away.
I grew up with smoking parents, maybe that's why I don't really care.

There are spots at DLRP, and in my last 3 trips, I knew they were there, but don't ask me where, and I also never saw them, or saw any signs anywhere mentioning that "here is a smoking area".

DisneyOlivia

I seriously don't find it that big of a problem at DLRP. People are generally pretty kind and (excluding in lines) will be happy to move away if you ask them nicely.

caspdex

Was there last week, the smoking spots are very hard to spot, even with map.

Aladar

Everytime I read this post I think of my father. He smokes a lot! almost 1 pack of 20 cigarrettes per day!! and he doesn't care if someone by his side doesn't like the smoke. he thinks he is in his right to smoke and that others should respect him  :?

If my father went to Disneyland, he wouldn't care about smoking spots, he would smoke anywhere, even in the outside cue areas. I'm sure of that!

gaston1986

I don't smoke myself but it do sent bother me as my girl is a heavy smoker

TheCoasterFun

DLP is for every age group, I know, but still it's a little bit focussed on the young ones so why do people even consider smoking in a place like Disneyland. It's rude if you'd ask me.

gaston1986

The girlfriend  smoked outside the auberge by the pumpkin coach I believe  it is a smoking area and  she had   some in main street  can't u smoke in a hotel room as she went outside

SVioletS

Last week we only got some french men (they were always french men, don't know why...) smoking in queues.  Everywhere else i really don't care and it doesn't bother me. But in queues i find it really annoying and a huge lack of respect.

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

gaston1986

There are plenty of places to smoke other than in  a line as I have said  the other half  chain smokes  so she never really went on rides but characters didn't seem to mind posing  for a pic with her  when she had a fag in her mouth but I feel it may not be comfy  for them if they don't smoke  but they can't say anything