Rumour Fantillusion to WDS Christmas 2015!!

Started by andrewuk, December 01, 2014, 09:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NvjEl1_wfg4?list=UU4u2vLs-IJt077UvyIJ4uWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://waytokee.over-blog.com/Fantillusion

Apparently they have installed LED spotlights along the parade route! I would love to have Fanti back, the music, lights and stops were incredible! It would be a night-time spectacular to make WDS a full-day park for comparatively little cost.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

samuelvictor

That would be great, we never got to watch it the first time around :) Do you think the bulbs on the floats would all be LED based too? This would reduce the cost to run them significantly, and would mean having to replace them less often too...

DLPWonders (Banned)

It's a false rumour coming from an original source (ED92) that literally always posts false rumours.
The Fantillusion floats don't even exist anymore.
Some were transformed for the Halloween cavalcade and the others are destroyed.
Maybe we get a different nighttime parade, could be possible, though I highly doubt it.
But Fantillusion will never ever come back again.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

polar vixen

I hope they bring in some sort of parade,  with stars and cars as it currently is studios is desperately in need of a parade. I was looking through a workbook for schools made a good few years back and it has pictures of cinema staff / people in period costime wandering the studios,   it made it so much more authentic.

andrewuk

Quote from: DLRPWonders on December 02, 2014, 12:39:49 PM
It's a false rumour coming from an original source (ED92) that literally always posts false rumours.
The Fantillusion floats don't even exist anymore.
Some were transformed for the Halloween cavalcade and the others are destroyed.
Maybe we get a different nighttime parade, could be possible, though I highly doubt it.
But Fantillusion will never ever come back again.

Not all of them were destroyed according to ASGGBASK on DCP

Quote from: ASGGBASK
I confirm that Jafar and Ursula were transformed Halloween cavalcade. 4 The chariots of Act 1 are intact, Char Hex and Jack Act 2 and 5 Tanks Act 3 are under the shed and have not been out since October 31, 2012.
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Rocketeer

Could they even run the full length Fantillusion in the park? From what I remember, the parade route isn't that long.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

andrewuk

Quote from: Rocketeer on December 02, 2014, 04:29:04 PM
Could they even run the full length Fantillusion in the park? From what I remember, the parade route isn't that long.

Some of the floats are definitely gone or converted so it won't be the whole thing if it happens. But the DCP wasn't that short so I think it can happen.
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

A&S&O

"Block Street Party Bash" in California and Florida was the best parade we've ever seen. Wish that could come to the Studios.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

dazzle_v2003

This would be amazing if this could happen! It would make the WDS one step nearer to being an all day park. I think it could fit the parade route as the Cinema Parade was a huge parade.

Obviously as it has already been said it would be a new short version of the parade as some of the floats have been destroyed or revamped and used in other parades.

Maybe it could be in the style of the new Paint The Night parade which launched in Tokyo Disneyland and is opening in Disneyland as their new night time parade soon. That new parade would fit in the Walt Disney Studios perfectly.

xceemora

There a rumor that Disney California Adventure Maybe Get A New Day Time Pixar Parade For Disneyland 60th Anniversary Next Year. I Think Disney Should Send The Pixar Play Parade To The Walt Disney Studio Park Paris.

andrewuk

I think the rumour has more weight because most of the floats still seem to be in existence at DLP, so it is comparatively cheap to get Fanti going again.
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: andrewuk on December 10, 2014, 09:20:06 PM
I think the rumour has more weight because most of the floats still seem to be in existence at DLP, so it is comparatively cheap to get Fanti going again.

Nah ED92 sprout any old nonsense they make up. Some of it sticks, the majority doesn't. The things that do are usually vague too "Halloween will see changes!" etc...

Theres only a few left but they don't form a parade. WDS are looking at a parade though - I think we're likely to see something more in line with "Paint the night" from Hong Kong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taTcaWqMjY8

Maybe in cavalcade form.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

DisneyGagaChick

Aw that sounds so exciting  :o
If only it was true... ::)

DisneyGagaChick

I admit, I genuinely read this as FANTASMIC  :P