What is DLRP doing about the rodent problem

Started by mary, July 30, 2011, 09:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mary

Does anyone know what is being done if anything about the rodent porblem?  i was there in May and saw a rat, and in some of the posts I have read quite a few guests ahve seen them in the park.  I am going back in November and I know it will be dark in the evenings and am quite concerned about not being able to see if there is a rat nearby when waiting for the parade.

SM:M3

What do you expect them to do? The whole resort is surrounded by fields and forests which were there long beforehand.

mary

I live in an area that is surrounded by fields but I don't expect to see rats in my garden.  I understand that they will travel from surrounding areas, but there should be some programme in place to minimise the risk of them appearing from the bushes near restaurants.

Josh

I'm sure they're doing all they can, but it's impossible to get rid of them completely.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

mary

I hope they are.  I have been to the park many times and this was my first sighting.  It hasn't put me off booking again but it is in the back of my mind, and in some cases, may even put others off returning.

davewasbaloo

Mice and rats are the reason why we no longer eat in the blue lagoon, the cast weren't even phased by it.
since 2001 (many before that)

ed-uk

Rats are quite common and door mice. I get a fox coming into my garden from time to time. Wait till you see a fox walking out of Walts Restaurant. I've never seen rats at DLP but I have seen them in other places.
Ed & David

Josh

You're both giving me murophobia now. XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ed-uk

When rats get in your house, then you have a problem.
Ed & David

peter

i've never seen any, but its not like they'll be able to find all the rats, all they can do is ask guests to put rubbish in bins.

and this is nothing compared to the wasp problems at legoland windsor. someone told me that in some areas they are having to change bins every half hour, and they've had to hire companies to help get rid of them. they have a lot of trees to look through, but could you imagine if there was a wasp infestation in adventureland?!!!

ed-uk

Rats are looking for food, so putting rubbish and left over food in bins is a good idea. I wouldn't worry about eating in the restaurants at DLP myself, I'm sure they have high standards in their kitchens.
Ed & David

pussinboots

Quote from: "mary"I live in an area that is surrounded by fields but I don't expect to see rats in my garden.  I understand that they will travel from surrounding areas, but there should be some programme in place to minimise the risk of them appearing from the bushes near restaurants.

What sort of program would that be exactly. An ad campaign? Higher fines for trespassing rodents? They're rodents. It's a park, with trees and bushes and lots of food strewn about. If you were a mouse, where would you be?

claire2281

Does DLRP have a rodent problem?

I've never seen one. And I don't doubt that various members of the animal kingdom live in and around the park. And why wouldn't they with the potential food on offer? But the CM always seem pretty good to me at keeping the place clean.

Now some of the UK theme parks and wasps - THAT'S a problem.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

mary

Quote from: "pussinboots"
Quote from: "mary"I live in an area that is surrounded by fields but I don't expect to see rats in my garden.  I understand that they will travel from surrounding areas, but there should be some programme in place to minimise the risk of them appearing from the bushes near restaurants.

What sort of program would that be exactly. An ad campaign? Higher fines for trespassing rodents? They're rodents. It's a park, with trees and bushes and lots of food strewn about. If you were a mouse, where would you be?

HaHaHa - maybe wit would help kill them off!  Doesn't do much for guests who are seriously concerned and would like to be reassured that the problem is being taken seriously with regular measures being taken to minimise the problem.  I'm sure that DLRP are doing all they can - I just wondered what sort of measures they take to ensure that the problem does not escalate to such an extent that the park has to be closed in order to deal with a massive infestation.

CafeFantasia

The flip side to all this is, when the Ratatouille ride finally opens, guests are going to be blown away by how realistic the "animatronic" rats are :-)