Disney's Halloween Festival 2011

Started by littlemermaid83, June 13, 2011, 01:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneybookgirl

I can't wait until it's Halloween, I'll be going to Disney for four days and I'll be celebrating Halloween in Disneyland!

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"I think Pumpkin Men work as the costumed characters as they have life and a bit of comedy to them (I see them possibly appearing in the new show at some point), but the street decorations always seemed cheap, and ruined the hustle and bustle atmosphere with their staticness!

So welcome to the new classy theming (I've said that a lot recently, something SOMEWHERE must have changed in the eyes of management), and goodbye to the cheaper days of past. But if we could say the Pumpkin Policeman and Pumpkin Casey.. that'd be lovely..

This is exactly how I feel, as characters they was a lot of fun. Maybe they will keep the characters and have just tossed out the decorations.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Elaine

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "Scissorsboi"I think Pumpkin Men work as the costumed characters as they have life and a bit of comedy to them (I see them possibly appearing in the new show at some point), but the street decorations always seemed cheap, and ruined the hustle and bustle atmosphere with their staticness!

So welcome to the new classy theming (I've said that a lot recently, something SOMEWHERE must have changed in the eyes of management), and goodbye to the cheaper days of past. But if we could say the Pumpkin Policeman and Pumpkin Casey.. that'd be lovely..

This is exactly how I feel, as characters they was a lot of fun. Maybe they will keep the characters and have just tossed out the decorations.

I hope so too - the character pumpkins were great fun, we watched them fool around with guests for ages last year in Frontierland, it was a little show all of its own  :D .

Elaine

Rachel84

Hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question but are there fireworks on Halloween?

Elaine

Quote from: "Rachel84"Hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question but are there fireworks on Halloween?

no, I'm afraid not.

Elaine

lubynoo

I've been looking around at some old photos of my own and some from google and I remember that the giant pumpkin in the Cali Disneyland was lit up I wonder if the one on the Castle stage will!! I hope the decorations will be along the path of the Cali one too. I hope that the ghosts are put on the Castle stage too because they aren't there yet :(. Still there is still time.

This is what the Cali decorations have looked like!! I've seen it in previous years but I haven't uploaded them yet so got some off good old google to give an idea. To be fair the pumpkin is VERY similar!! However, that could be a good sign of things to come!!

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=disney ... tx=37&ty=2

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=disney ... sDg&zoom=1

lynny

I go on october the 20th for 3 nts 4 days.......having been at halloween a few times before and have always loved it dont know what to expect this year......cant wait for halloween to start so we can see exactly what it will be like....until then i'm a little dubious :?
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

lubynoo

http://news.disneylandparis.co.uk/UK/EN ... arades.pdf

The new schedule for halloween is out but it looks like Jack and Sally won't have a lovely little area by the cookout and instead revert back to the old version of outside the manor which was really poor when they first did it I hope they have just relocated them including their set etc and not just having them standing around outside the manor!

The castle stage looks more and more like its concept every day but it needs some ghosts so heres hoping. I really want something special for halloween too so it will be really exciting to go I hope I am not let down!! http://twitpic.com/6sa7kc

PLEASE let the colour changing smoke be there for mnsshp too as my mums seen the videos from last year and really wanted to experience it this year.

peter

Not too bad of a schedule, plus treat in the street is on at least 5 TIMES!!!

DopeyDad

Quote from: "DopeyDad"£5 on a Jack type lay over inside the fenced area  :lol:

darn!

lubynoo

Quote from: "DopeyDad"
Quote from: "DopeyDad"£5 on a Jack type lay over inside the fenced area  :lol:

darn!

I know!! I was hoping for a jack style layover too. I SO hope it is not just them outside PM because I will be beyond upset  :cry:  :cry:

kiki_304

looking at the images so far, I just don't get the feeling of Halloween as I have in other years.

This is normally our favourite time of year at DLP, hope they make the effort to keep it that way. :roll:    I am hoping it will look and feel better when I am actually there. Fingers crossed as it looks all too bland right now.

lubynoo

I'm warming to it but I think thats because I've been to the California one and halloween was amazing and it looked a little similar to this years DLP so I hope they match it or I will be bitterly disappointed. I'm just telling myself it will be amazing but then I will probably be disappointed lol. Still we're staying in the DLH so that should soften the blow

DGRavenswood

So there were fans who actually liked the "decoration" of previous years? Interesting...

I'm really happy that they've finally opted for an overlay that adds to the existing backdrops rather than working against them. The Town Square gazebo looks great!
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

CafeFantasia

I totally agree with you David. Main Street, U.S.A. looks so smart and beautiful this year. Normally around October it looks like it's been bombed, particularly the Town Square Gazebo, which had that false roof.

People have said that Disney didn't have the budget this year to do their usual pumpkinmen Halloween decorations. But I really hope that's wrong. I hope someone at Disney looked at the old decorations and finally realised "these look tacky and ugly". They didn't look at all Disney in their style. They were a mess.

Photo by @InsideDLParis on Twitter