Disney's Halloween Festival 2011

Started by littlemermaid83, June 13, 2011, 01:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lubynoo

I've just found a strange picture on an article. The pumpkin is next to an article regarding Disneyland Paris halloween 2011 but I am almost certain the picture is not from Disneyland Paris?! It could be but I don't know if the picture is A) Photo shoped (looks a bit dodge) or B) is from a different Disney park in which case that is kind of false adverting no?!

It can't be the Castle stage one imposed on a different background because that one isn't winking. I do like the winking one it is a little cheeky! I know the Cali Disneyland has ones like that so maybe it is just an old picture from there (again with the false advertising) but if that is so it should at least mention that it is a picture from there?! I am pretty much convinced it is from Disneyland because there is a picture almost identical to it.

Anyway it is a nice picture so I will let you all wonder for yourselves.

http://www.suite101.fr/news/disneyland- ... 011-a31636

It makes me sad to think back on how much effort used to be put into halloween in Disney. Whether you like the "theming" of it or not the following link proves how much effort used to be put into Disneyland Paris and I don't see why they can't use the new and more "Disneyfied" decorations and incorporate them in the same way. Also Jack and Sally s little arch thing from last year used to be an info thing apparently!!

http://www.laughingplace.com/News-PID504760-504763.asp

Equally Disneyland have the same type of theming that DLP are going for this year but they execute it just right (they even have themed cakes and drink cups!!) rather then few and far between.

http://www.uptake.com/blog/holiday-fest ... 18261.html

I am not looking forward to Disney as much now as it appears the decorations are REALLY scarce and I love the new direction they are heading but they could have followed it through more of the park or at least given Jack and Sally an adequate area they are only there for halloween after all. Maybe I will get there and get sucked into the atmosphere and love it, I hope so.

pussinboots

I will admit that they really did put in the effort in previous years. I mean, they went all out. They turned Big Thunder Mountain into a "paint mine" for heaven's sake (surely that was the only year the Halloween decorations took more manpower to set up than the Christmas ones,) and briefly dressed up the Mark Twain as a mummy. No other Disney park has ever undertaken such grand-scale folly for any reason other than a jubilee.

Whoever made that stuff up and how high they were I will not speculate on, but golly they sure did try.

But I'd rather see just a scattering well-crafted pumpkins and some autumnal garland than all of that put together... Oh, and let's not ignore the new costumes and the fact that they're using the Théatre du Château again. I couldn't be happier. Disneyland Paris is Disney again, even in October.

lubynoo

Maybe I have been spoilt and I am comparing it ti Disneyland too much and I do appreciate the difference in budget etc but it feels a little half done. Especially compared to previous years they could have done more not necessarily on a Disneyland scale but put things through frontier land etc. I am now wondering if PM is even decorated outside and considering this is the "scary" ride of DLP I would think that is something basic to do. I am excited about the new shows and the little bits they have done I really love it but it just feels lacking somewhat :(. For me it is also the little things like the musical soundtrack playing around the park being changed to halloween music and how they deal with mnsshp last year they added smoke and decorations etc only for the parties and it was magical!!

Still lets be honest I will love Disneyland whether it is normal season or a holiday just means I might rethink my annual halloween trip next year and swap it for some other time instead.

15MagicalYears

Pictures for other parks are always being used for others (if that made any sense) in fact, even Disney do it themselves. I don't see it as a huge thing to worry about, unless they a have pictures of attractions we don't have here.

lynny

Well i've loved halloween at dlp always,which is why i've always gone back.My girls are now 18 and 10 and we have always loved the halloween decorations.Loved Frontierland the last few years esp on mnsshp it was fun.Loved the pumkin men ant the witches but this year atm i'm not sure what i think about the decoration pics i've seen so far.Doesn't seem to be so much :? I'm sure once i get out there on the 20th i'll love it :thumbs:Everyone has a right to their own opinion but i personally loved halloween the past few years for me i hope this year will live up to previous years ;)
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

Josh

Here's a video of the new Halloween show on the Castle Stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PoA4Y09x-o

It looks like a good show. The scarecrow costumes are the same colour as the vines and pumpkins on stage, so it looked a bit odd. But m'eh; who cares? I haven't seen a show like this on the castle stage in years! XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

lubynoo

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!! I LOVE the trick or treat song it is sooooo good and I like the rest of the music. I love that they have new costumes for Mickey etc apart from Chip and Dale and Daisy I haven't seen the others before in use much. I LOVE Donald's Mohawk pretty amazing. The ghosts from the castle stage conception art work aren't on the stage but in the audience and everything looks a lot like the art work so it's good. The ghosts looked inflatable and the audience are throwing them up in the air or something?! I'd be so tempted to "borrow" one :P. I hope they put the show on in the dark on the weekend when the parks open until 9pm because I SO want to see it with the pumpkin lit.

I watched Malificents party too here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnbTL-zZ ... re=related

It looks good from what I saw and I LOVE the guitar at the beginning and the music is growing on me all the villains are nice to see and the pyrotechnics are lovely would look really nice in the dark so lets hope they have a later showing on the late opening evenings. The happy halloween/it's good to be bad song at the end really made me smile too I was worried they would have lost that song and I would have been so sad.

I love all the music and parades and shows they make Disney for me or it would just be like another park. Well without the characters. At least you can see that DLP have put money into the shows with the routines and costumes etc as apposed to the decorations so I suppose I can forgive them for that. They could have just used the routines from last year and substituted the pumpkin people for something. I will need them to have music in the parks and a good mnsshp and I might go back next year for halloween lol.

I didn't watch all of either show because I don't want to ruin it but I did have a jump through the different sections.Before someone asks why I watch it before I go if I don't want to ruin it then it is because I cannot go if I don't know because if I didn't know what it was like I would be potentially REALLY disappointed where as if I know what to expect a little I am not as much. I am also VERY inpatient :P.  

They are nice long shows as well not just half assed things it really looks like a lot of thought and effort has gone into them. In fact the halloween show is longer then the Magical moments one I think?!

I am excited about the new shows now though!!!!!!!! Thanks for the link!!!!

ed-uk

The show looks good, and I'm pleased to see the castle stage back in use.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

Quite juvenile, but you can tell they tried with this one. For me, it looks like Hong Kong Disneyland wins again for my fav disney Halloween celebration.
since 2001 (many before that)

lubynoo

I quite like the juvenile aspect many people don't like overly adult or spooky things and it appeals to both adults and children. There will of course be people who don't like it as much as people who do but I think they tried for a happy medium.

I LOVE HK Disney but their halloween was a bit spooky and my son wouldn't have been able to go I liked it but it would have been too much for him but there were some good shows too.

It is fair to say that Disney no matter where it is will NEVER impress everyone but I think DLP have put a lot of thought and effort in and come up with newer instead of recycled things and it is nice to see after them slacking quite a bit for quite a while.

CafeFantasia

There are 8 really good photos of the new Halloween Festival 2011 decorations on the Disneyland Paris Cast Member blog. Check them out:

http://pariscastmember.blogspot.com/

lubynoo

Aww they're really nice, the colour scheme of the plants throughout the park is beautiful.

I will never forget my first halloween at DLP and from far away I was convinced that the POOH balloons were Mickey pumpkin balloons and I was devastated when I realised lol.

15MagicalYears

Ugh, who decided on the colour schemes? On both shows? Everything seems to blend in together, not nice. You can tell more effort has went in than other years which is an improvement but over all I'm still not overly impressed, the other resorts still do Disney-Halloween better.

tink30

Halloween, what halloween? very poor show from disneyland this year, no halloween parade or halloween land. Placing a couple of mickey shaped pumpkins by the bandstand does not make up for the lack of effort or atmosphere. I don't mind if they want to change the theming of the season but it is sadly lacking in every way.

davewasbaloo

Like the lights of winter and the fireworks for Christmas going away, seems like the cut backs continue. It is a real shame.
since 2001 (many before that)