Disney's Halloween Festival 2011

Started by littlemermaid83, June 13, 2011, 01:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lubynoo

Oh wow the phantom manor like that would be insane!! Or a nightmare before christmas land omg I would die and go to heaven. I went to Tokyo Disneyland for halloween before my son was born and it was EPIC they had a HUGE blown up Jack for the halloween parade and the parade was on par with a normal size one and the whole park was turned into this halloween madness. I loved it. I can appreciate that young children wouldn't like the really spooky things buttttttt I think DLP could do a few more halloween things and make more of Jack and Sally they are clearly loved and the merchandise sells like hot cakes.

I hate the waiting lol I want to know now I am terrible at waiting I read the back of a book first!! Terrible I know!!

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "lubynoo"I hate the waiting lol I want to know now I am terrible at waiting I read the back of a book first!! Terrible I know!!
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

smurfy74

any news on Yzma being there this year??

lubynoo

I think he is only in the other Disney halloween festival. There hasn't been a mention of her at Disneyland Paris

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "smurfy74"any news on Yzma being there this year??

Nope she has been scrapped and is not coming. Sucky.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

lubynoo

Any ideas when the daily schedules will be realised?!

DopeyDad

Hi all, so where did the 'no pumpkin men' line come from? On some of the previous press releases (back in July though) it mentions them.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "DopeyDad"Hi all, so where did the 'no pumpkin men' line come from? On some of the previous press releases (back in July though) it mentions them.

Inside sources have confirmed no pumpkin men, no halloween land and no pre or post parade.

If you also look on the latest press release there is no mention of any of the above.

Schedule for Halloween probably will not be released until next Saturday.

lubynoo

littlemermaid83

Wow that looks cool!

lubynoo

Yea I hope it looks even half that good. I have been looking around too and so many people are talking about a halloween atmosphere around the park so I wonder if the reason for no Halloweenland is that Disneyland will just become one big version of it. They certainly seem to have invested into new decorations and shows instead of replugging the same old things and it would be a waste to do that and then let it down with rubbish decorations. OOOOOH I am SO excited I literally cannot wait!!

lubynoo

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/halloween/

Getting SO excited now. I know it would never happen but when it said "Frontierland even becomes home to Jack Skellington and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas." I so had visions of it becoming a Nightmare Before Christmas land. Omg how radical would that be. I know it won't though :( still it sounds good sounds like although there isn't a dedicated halloween land there will be a lot of atmosphere and decorations and omg I am beyond excited now do not know how I will make it until I go hahahaha

DopeyDad

I'd be glad to see a refreshed take on Halloween and I guess I won't miss the pumpkin men.
I really hope they make something special out of Frontierland though, it could look great with a Nightmare overlay.
If they could dress the paddle steamers too I'd be very happy, I'm sure I've seen photos of a ghostly overlay on them somewhere.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "lubynoo"http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/halloween/

Getting SO excited now. I know it would never happen but when it said "Frontierland even becomes home to Jack Skellington and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas." I so had visions of it becoming a Nightmare Before Christmas land. Omg how radical would that be. I know it won't though :( still it sounds good sounds like although there isn't a dedicated halloween land there will be a lot of atmosphere and decorations and omg I am beyond excited now do not know how I will make it until I go hahahaha

The most they will have there is the little meet and greet area just outside BTM like they did last year with a tombstone thingy as a background prop.

littlemermaid83

Also the Mickey pumpkins on the grass where the hub is, is also nothing new. They had these here last year. So for them to try and make it sound like new decorations is a bit cheesy.

I have a feeling Main Street with be mostly decorated with very few decorations elsewhere.

Guess I'll find out next Sunday when I'm there.