Disney's Halloween Festival 2011

Started by littlemermaid83, June 13, 2011, 01:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin B

Great picture of the Gazebo!

You can just about make out Mickey in the background too!!

Martin :0)
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

ford prefect

Quote from: "DGRavenswood"So there were fans who actually liked the "decoration" of previous years? Interesting...

They added an element of entertainment.  People are allowed to like different things you know.

Personally i would rather they ditched the silly mickey earred pumpkins and had a "real" pumpkin shape
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

DGRavenswood

Quote from: "ford prefect"They added an element of entertainment.  People are allowed to like different things you know.

Personally i would rather they ditched the silly mickey earred pumpkins and had a "real" pumpkin shape

There are many ways to add entertainment... A far better way would have been to take the existing themes and build from there. The pumpkinmen era decoration clumsily ruined any of the Imagineers' carefully crafted sense of place. I'd go on for much longer, but I feel Anthony expressed it all very well in his recent DLRPToday article.

There's no accounting for taste, that's for sure, but if you ask me quality is far less subjective.

I'm not a huge fan of the Mickey-shaped pumpkins either, but to me they're the lesser of two evils by far.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

littlemermaid83

I think the Gazebo looks beautiful and has a real Autumn feel about it.

I am hoping the Jack and Sally meet is a proper and organised one like last year. I will not be happy if it's a free for all.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

lubynoo

^^^^^ My feelings exactly!! The year before last was this huge mess and horrible but once they had his special area for him and Sally it was much nicer. I hope they have created them a space rather then bunging them behind PM to save time and money. I really hope they still have the halloween music etc and the changed music at PM because it really adds to the atmosphere. If they are not having a halloween land does that mean that the music will be all throughout the park instead of just in FL or will it just not be there I will be disappointed if it is not!!

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "lubynoo"^^^^^ My feelings exactly!! The year before last was this huge mess and horrible but once they had his special area for him and Sally it was much nicer. I hope they have created them a space rather then bunging them behind PM to save time and money. I really hope they still have the halloween music etc and the changed music at PM because it really adds to the atmosphere. If they are not having a halloween land does that mean that the music will be all throughout the park instead of just in FL or will it just not be there I will be disappointed if it is not!!

Hopefully photos will appear tomorrow so we will know exactly what to expect.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

pussinboots

All I can say is thank God. Now I will no longer have to stop everyone from going to Disneyland Paris in October. "You know, Christmas is MUCH more fun... They have a big tree. Very big. Biggest one you'll ever see."

So, to ask the obvious question, what happened? Did the decision come out of Glendale? Were the Entertainment people out of fiberglass?

15MagicalYears

Finally! This is the Halloween decorations I've been praying for, so much better.

Josh

Here's a surprise: they even mentioned it in D23 as well. :)

http://d23.disney.go.com/news/2011/09/fright-fest/
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

_Natalie_x

I'm coming home (to DLRP) in 6 days !!!!!!!! :D so excited. I love Halloween in Disney and it's been two years too long :( hope everyone enjoys their holidays this season. :) <3
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

15MagicalYears

@insidedlparis has just posted a new picture - http://twitpic.com/6t1axv.
How! could this season be any better? It's looking great.

lubynoo

omgggggggggg I cannot handle that!!!! I said I so hoped that it would light up at night time omg I so cannot wait now!!!! I hope the rest of the park looks this nice!! What happened to the ghosts from the concept art for the castle stage!!

15MagicalYears

I'm guessing they'll be puppet-like props used by the dancers.

Elaine

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"@insidedlparis has just posted a new picture - http://twitpic.com/6t1axv. How! could this season be any better? It's looking great.

thats fabulous - but will it be dark enough on a normal park closing time for it to look like that? I remember in October a couple of years ago for Halloween, the last show of the evening at 7pm was floodlit, but it really wasn't dark at all.

Elaine

lubynoo

Not happy about how the Jack and Sally situation looks.

http://twitpic.com/6taezu

Looks like the have just chucked them in front of PM they should have their own bit!! It needs to be roped off at least or it just ends up being unbearable!! It would be nice to have their own section like past years.

The rest of the park looks nice though hope they have the music etc to add to the feel!!

http://twitpic.com/6tacre

Via: @insideDLParis

@ Elaine, the park opens until 9pm most weekends in Oct apart from this one and for mnsshp its open until 11pm ish so I would think they would light it up for that even if there wasn't a show?! Also the nights are drawing in more so towards the end of the month should be darker. Fingers crossed.