Les Mystères du Nautilus, what's the attraction

Started by Pete's Dragon, December 03, 2008, 03:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralPlazaPerson

Space mountain is put into Discoveryland for people to discover space and this attraction is meant to let visitors explore the seas but I could think of better ways to do it. I always thought Disneyland Paris should get a ride like Submarine Voyage to explore the seas. This ride is ok but I think it should be more interactive for guests instead of just walking through it e.g special effects like Armageddon. I have to say the design and interior is fantastic and seems you are actually in a real submarine.

dagobert

A submarine ride would be great, but I think there is not enough space for such a ride. If it would be built, I want to see a Nautilus themed ride, like it was at WDW and not the Finding Nemo version in Abaheim.

Nevertheless I hope that the Nautilus will open the whole day again and not just a few hours. We always missed it during our last visit. I love the theming a lot and I hope it will never be replaced. It just fits perfectly into Discoveryland.

never2old

During our last trip it never seemed to be open  :(   We kept going back throughout the day but it remained closed

CentralPlazaPerson

Same I was there the past 3 days and it wasn't open when we went past. The entrance was getting a paint job though  :idea:

RnRCj

The Nautilus is supposed to be open again now after it's refurbishment. If anyone is going soon, I'd love to hear if some of the effects are now working - like the overflowing water in the diving hole and the hydraulics in the engine room. I wonder whether they would've fixed the bubbles in the outside pond too.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "RnRCj"The Nautilus is supposed to be open again now after it's refurbishment. If anyone is going soon, I'd love to hear if some of the effects are now working - like the overflowing water in the diving hole and the hydraulics in the engine room. I wonder whether they would've fixed the bubbles in the outside pond too.

+1

Anyone?

kiki_304

I really want to go on this walk through.  

The 3 times I have been to DLP the ride has never been open!  I have gone back time after time to find it closed.  And told my son how cool it would be.  Maybe I will have more luck this Nov when I return.

dagobert

Sorry for bringing up an old topic.

I'm sure many people know that when you are inside the Nautilus, you are actually not in the submarine seen in Discoveryland. The showbuilding is behind Autopia. I knew that I've already seen that on a plan, but I couldn't find it anymore. Yesterday I just scrolled through the book "The Disney Mountains - Imagineering at its Peak" by Jason Surrell and there I found the plan again. This section is about Space Mountain in Paris and there is a plan of Discoveryland that shows the Nautilus showbuilding behind Autopia where the toilettes are.

Now I'm wondering how WDI is fooling people that they are not inside the submarine. I've been inside the ship so many times and I've never had the feeling that I went to the opposite direction, although I knew that I did.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "dagobert"Now I'm wondering how WDI is fooling people that they are not inside the submarine. I've been inside the ship so many times and I've never had the feeling that I went to the opposite direction, although I knew that I did.

The magic of a spiral staircase. I hope it is open and fully operational when we go. my kids are in awe and scared of the Giant Squid at the same time.
since 2001 (many before that)

Disneyland Paris Treasures

I hope for the 20th anniversary they give the Nautilus the refurb it well deserves. Bring back all bubbles both outside and inside, fix the squid's mouth, the engine room etc. I can to some degree understand the problems they might have with the complex mechanics on Space Mountain's cannon but simple effects like these?

Josh

It would be good to add some additional things to this ride, as well. What they could be, though, I don't know. :?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Meph"It would be good to add some additional things to this ride, as well. What they could be, though, I don't know. :?

..... umm, some excitement  :-)