Moteurs... Action! featuring Lightning McQueen (2011)

Started by Festival Disney, November 08, 2010, 06:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishyBoy15

I've not heard anything to be quite honest. When I spoke to various cast members, they all told me that the show was running 'normally' the whole time I was there, which is a bit worrying! If it ends up staying as it was when I was there a month ago, that will be a show firmly off my to-do list.

I'm thinking about going out for the 're-launch' in April.. hmm!

Previous Trips]

Sequoia Lodge: April 2000
Cheyenne: April 2002
Cheyenne: July 2003
Sequoia Lodge: January 2004
Radisson Blu- Disneyland Paris: July 2010
Cheyenne: August 2010
Cheyenne: January 2011

Upcoming Trips]

Sequoia Lodge: July 2011

FishyBoy15

After doing some digging (looking how my video got so many views, through embedding on other forums), this is apparently why the jumps have been removed. Due to the amazingness that is google chrome translation, apparently they will be back in sometime in march post investigation.

[youtube:2xwrdhj8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4v-Il3WuLI[/youtube:2xwrdhj8]

Source: McFly @ Disney Central Plaza

Previous Trips]

Upcoming Trips]

rocklobster

hmm... doesn't look like anything major but the comments mention a hospital trip so I guess it must have been worse than it looks!

Still, no jumps makes an already rather longwinded show a bit pointless :-( Not sure we will bother next week.

Anyone able to confirm it's still without jumps? I'd have thought more people would have been commenting if it was but the internet appears fairly quiet about it... From your comments it sounds like there isn't any point asking Disney - running 'normally'? Yeah right...

FishyBoy15

Quote from: "rocklobster"hmm... doesn't look like anything major but the comments mention a hospital trip so I guess it must have been worse than it looks!

Still, no jumps makes an already rather longwinded show a bit pointless :-( Not sure we will bother next week.

Anyone able to confirm it's still without jumps? I'd have thought more people would have been commenting if it was but the internet appears fairly quiet about it... From your comments it sounds like there isn't any point asking Disney - running 'normally'? Yeah right...

If you here nothing, I would personally still go once, you never know, you may even catch a test of the new 'Lightning McQueen' car being used, I have read that some guests have seen tests, but wasn't able to deduce what exactly happened.

The first sign that a 'no jump' show will be running is that no crew member brings on the barrels (the ones on their sides usually used between the two horizontal ramps) when they 'reset' at the start of the show. Obviously, you can still see Motorcycle chase in it's entirety with jumps from the bikes, so personally, I would still stick your head in once. Make sure you let us know if anything has changed!

Previous Trips]

Upcoming Trips]

Dolph7800

Didnt seem to major a shunt, and still the fact they do this 2-3 times a day for many years without many problems, it seems OTT to abandon the jump after one seemingly small crash. If anything it looked like the crash mat needed extending or moving as it was overshot.

Martyn

^ If he/she was seriously hurt, then there could be some kind of pending investigation, that could take a while.

Obviously I know nothing about it, but its just an idea...

Anthony

Quote from: "Dolph7800"Didnt seem to major a shunt, and still the fact they do this 2-3 times a day for many years without many problems, it seems OTT to abandon the jump after one seemingly small crash. If anything it looked like the crash mat needed extending or moving as it was overshot.
Looks like it flew way too fast up the jump and barely touched the top of the lorry. Maybe something to do with the wet weather? Good thing those padded sides were introduced around the set a few years ago...

CGM12345

I think that the throttle jammed on the ramp. I watched that video
[youtube:1yu218cd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4v-Il3WuLI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:1yu218cd]
and a video from a normal show
[youtube:1yu218cd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41qfhZSBAss&feature=related[/youtube:1yu218cd]
(7:35 for that bit) and you can hear the throttle on the ramp in the accident when in the normal one you cant hear the throttle on the ramp. But this what i think so I could be right I could be wrong.

FishyBoy15

To be quite honest, the throttle jamming sounds very plausible, equally it could be a speed limiter failure, however, the throttle does sound like a much more likely scenario.

Previous Trips]

Upcoming Trips]

Rachel84

A bit off topic but I found this video on youtube and would love to know what they are talking about! Anyone here speak French....its times like these I wish I had paid more attention at school!! Im not expexting word for word but just a general idea of what they are talking about would be great :) What is the stunt man talking about? THANKS IN ADVANCE! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ2tA_U8yi4

Festival Disney

According to Disney Central Plaza on Facebook, the jumps returned to normal yesterday! :D
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

davewasbaloo

Awesome news!  Glad to hear it.
since 2001 (many before that)

FishyBoy15

Quote from: "Festival Disney"According to Disney Central Plaza on Facebook, the jumps returned to normal yesterday! :D

Great.. Cheers for this. A visit might be in order for the 'relaunch' then!

Previous Trips]

Upcoming Trips]

Martyn

So was there any official reason for them changing it?

WalkerboyUK

Was all running fine on Thursday - loved it!!!