Wall-E statues in Discoveryland!

Started by Festival Disney, October 07, 2010, 11:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Quote from: "RiverRogue"
Quote from: "dagobert"Do you think people working for Disney in Paris know all the background stories?

"People" is pretty general, but yes, there are plenty of them, including but not limited to DLPI, who know those and more. Keep in mind that, apart from the fact that there's plenty of documentation, several DLPI Imagineers actually worked on the park's creation way back when. Unfortunately, as I've explained before, they can't always have their way.

I don't know the detailed history of Woody's Roundup Village, but taking an educated guess I'm pretty sure it was initiated by DLP management. I know they were looking for something to replace the petting zoo after bird flu shut it down, and I guess Pixar was what looked most attractive to them until the area will receive its permanent fix... whether that will respect the original Frontierland story or bring in more characters, we'll have to see.

For more about the Frontierland story, I'd recommend the book "From Sketch to Reality" (Or go here; it's a bit long and mostly about Phantom Manor, but there's a lot of accurate information concerning all of Frontierland).

Thank you for all the informations. You are always very well informed! I have the book "From Sketch To Reality". Unfortunately it is in French and my French, despite learning it in school, isn't the best anymore.

Hopefully this part of Frontierland will receive a permanent fix in the future, although it will take some time, and not more characters.

Annet

I think they would have fitted better at the Studios Park somewhere maybe... But I get the logic of putting them in Discoveryland, I also like the statues, since I love Wall-E very mucht.

sebassah

Quote from: "dagobert"Thank you for all the informations. You are always very well informed! I have the book "From Sketch To Reality". Unfortunately it is in French and my French, despite learning it in school, isn't the best anymore.

Hopefully this part of Frontierland will receive a permanent fix in the future, although it will take some time, and not more characters.

I have the same book but in English. Guess there are two versions? I hope they develop Frontierland further soon. And as you say not just characters but re-theming (the original story) and a new attraction?

torillien

this is it in the *flesh* 27th November this year ...

Would love to see some UP! things at DLP .. I think they have gone a bit crazy on the Buzz .. although I do love Toystory, you can have Buzz overload ...

Russell and Mr Fredrickson would be cool :)
Self confessed Eeyore nut, IT Geek, IBM Champion, and Disney addict
WDW - Feb 2013 - Pirates at the Caribbean Beach

DLP - March 2012 - Disneyland Hotel, WDW - January 2012 - Swan Restort, DLP - June 2011 - Sequoia Lodge, WDW - January 2011 - Dolphin, DLP - November 2010 - Sequoia Lodge

nathan.jackson

does anyone know if this statue is still here or not? I really like it and want to see it on Friday

Festival Disney

Quote from: "nathan.jackson"does anyone know if this statue is still here or not? I really like it and want to see it on Friday

Yes! :D It'll be in place until at leat March 2012!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

strawjaw

My 2 year old daughter loves Wall-E, and with her, I must have watched it hundreds of times.

I think these statues are great, and even though others may feel they are not well placed, I don't know where else in the Disneyland they would fit in, (unless a specially designated area within Studios was built to honour Pixar movies, and have several attractions etc Pixar related.) Discoveryland has Orbitron, and Space Mountain, and Star Tours, so I suppose it was only logical to DLRP that Wall-E, and Space ranger Buzz Lightyear be added here.

We're coming at the end of March, and I have to say I'm very excited about seeing these statues.

I agree with another poster on here though, I thought this was a 3D photo location, so I assumed you would be able to stand next to them for great photo opportunities, but the fence and garden prevents you from doing this, however, I don't think that will stop children climbing fences to get in on 'shots' being taken, causing a possible safety hazard.

As long as they're there when I go... I'm happy. =)
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]
January 2006 - WDW - Grosvenor Resort, Honeymoon, 14 nights.
March 2010- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 3 nights
March 2011 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 4 nights
December 2013 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, 5 nights

Martyn

I thought this was added as a part of the MMF? Haven't seen a single photo of it included with all the other pics for it (MMF)?

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "strawjaw"(unless a specially designated area within Studios was built to honour Pixar movies, and have several attractions etc Pixar related.)

What's the odds of that ever happening? Sarcasm, hello ! Come on in  :thumbs:

strawjaw

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
Quote from: "strawjaw"(unless a specially designated area within Studios was built to honour Pixar movies, and have several attractions etc Pixar related.)

What's the odds of that ever happening? Sarcasm, hello ! Come on in  :thumbs:
:lol:  Ha ha..  :thumbs:
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]

Anthony

Quote from: "Martyn"I thought this was added as a part of the MMF? Haven't seen a single photo of it included with all the other pics for it (MMF)?
It's included in the press photos. Probably hasn't been given much attention elsewhere because they arrived so early.

Festival Disney

Wall-E's hand has come off and the small plant in a pot has disspeared  :(

Source: pixidust.be
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

dagobert

I wouldn't be surprised that it happened because of parents letting their child play with Wall-e to get a picture.

Isn't Wall-e fenced off?

strawjaw

Quote from: "dagobert"I wouldn't be surprised that it happened because of parents letting their child play with Wall-e to get a picture.

Isn't Wall-e fenced off?

Its got a fence around it, but its only a small one - easy enough for older kids to climb over, and younger kids to be lifted over. It's a shame people can't be careful and show this kind of thing with respect.  :(

Strawjaw

Previous Visits]

pfspock

So, another chapter in the book: "Don't ever build anything that's climb- and/or breakable in DLP". I wonder if they ever learn THAT lesson. Just see what happened to other photolocations:
Alice in Wonderland: The spoons were broken after one day
Kaa and Zazu have already disappeared
Rex in TSPL was broken after a few days
RC Racer had to be removed for good
Mario and Luigi had to be fenced off
Even Mater and Lightning had to be fenced off even INSIDE the attraction.