Wall-E statues in Discoveryland!

Started by Festival Disney, October 07, 2010, 11:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

Just to add to the debate, Disneyland Paris doesn't look anything like Madame Tussauds. Madame Tussauds is a wax museum, Disneyland is not, obviously.
Ed & David

Kristof

Quote from: "dagobert"TDLFAN over at micechat.com posted that the Wall-E statues could be the same that have been taken down a few weeks ago at Tokyo Disneyland's Tomorrowland. Afterwards they were sent to DLRP.

That information is very much correct.  It was found in a storage facility and offered to Disneyland Paris!

penfold12

I think people need to chill out a little!!

Having just spent the last three weeks on holiday in Walt Disney World, my perspective has been refreshed and changed.

Strolling round the parks, photo ops like these, when well presented (as this is) add a great whimsical feel, with the majority of people pointing them out, and smiling, if not rushing to take a photo.

claire2281

I think they look great to be honest. And the styling of them doesn't look too out of place in the area at all. I love the composition of the statue - how they're holding hands and how they've got EVE floating and also I like how they've ensured that the concrete stand they're on matches the rest of the area.

And it is about time we saw something from the brilliant WALL-E in the park. One of the best films Pixar or Disney have ever made!
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Kristof

These photos were posted in my photo report from 15-16 October.

Martyn

Wall-E does fit into Discoveryland a lot more than Buzz does, its very rustic etc, and has a classic feel to it.

I like this statue, but it is bit random. It kind of reminds of a statue that sits outside the relevant attraction. Similar to the Imagination Institute's logo outside HISTA......  ;)

However, I dont like them ruining the original area's. All this modern stuff wouldn't even fit in Fantasyland, let alone Discoverland. Discoveryland, Frontierland, and Adventureland are so nice and original, but I do fear for the future look of the area's.

Nicholas-c

I like it :D bit of a weird area but not sure where else it could have gone... They should have done something interactive with Eve or wall-e. Just something like wall-e watching you walk past or something.
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Riebi

As said before I also think that Wall-E fits much much more to Discoveryland as buzz do. It´s a great futuristic story but with a deeper background. Something that´s more in the thinking and theming of discoveryland where big names like Verne or Wells should make the story. The story of Wall-E is something that could be written by this great visionarys. A deserted  future where everything is diffrent (Wells) and a great journey through the Galaxy. So from the story behind Wall-E you are more in discoveryland as buzz could be in his wildest dreams.

The other thing is: I don´t like to see everywhere characters. It´s a wonderful statue but why is it there. Why at this place. Where you couldn´t find anything connected to wall-e.

The best thing would be for me to change the whole buzz theme at the entrance corner of discoveryland (!!!) to a more traditional discoveryland themed attraction. Second step would be to make a WALL-E attraction at the imagination institute with this statue in front of. (This area was always the area of modern visionarys like george lucas).

So we would get again a more proper theme for the area in front of space mountain, videopolis etc. and we had a more fitting character attraction at the right area of discoveryland. (Next step would be: Change space mountain again to a more victorian themed future attraction as mission I was.)

But...I think at the moment they don´t think in such big steps. They just see the next 3 years and not a bigger development where you can clearly say: And that´s our target. A Discoveryland where every theme is again completly coherent, like it was in 1992. (and even till buzz and mission II arrived). Dreams.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Festival Disney

Eve's "eyes" and WALL-E's charge meter are now illuminated  :thumbs:

Source: http://www.disneygazette.fr/noel-2010-d ... s-445.html

Source: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... 29-120.htm
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Martyn

Well said Riebi! Totally agree with pretty much everything you said.

That is such an awsome statue though, seems very well thought through, so its kind of fitting that DLP didn't come up with it :lol:

sebassah

The little plant detail is amazing!

Cendrillon

^ I thought that too! I didn't even notice it at first, but it's exactly the attention to detail we expect from Disney. Would have been so easy for them to skip over that.

sebassah

Quote from: "Cendrillon"^ I thought that too! I didn't even notice it at first, but it's exactly the attention to detail we expect from Disney. Would have been so easy for them to skip over that.

So true, I I have to say even though I love and miss the oldJules Verne theme at Discoveryland I think this statue of Wall-e and Eve is a perfect addition, and way way way better than bringing Buzz to the area.

Martyn

Whlst the plant is a great touch....technically it was in a boot, not a pot....so they had good intentions an all, but got it wrong!

Anthony

Ah, but there weren't any left over boots lurking around the backstage of Tokyo Disney... :lol:

Does anyone have a photo of the figures in Tokyo? Did they light up then?