Disney Magical Moments Festival (From April 2011)

Started by Kristof, September 01, 2010, 09:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Columbiad

I agree that more pictures of the actual park are needed, but I think that this is the best catalogue so far. Some beautiful spreads, and all very magical and classic. A welcome change to the contemporary New Gneration Festival and gaudy MMP. :)

Adam

Having looked through the brochure, next year is going to be a difficult one for the park. Clearly, there are no new rides next year, other thank marketing TSPL as new, which is going to affect the decision to book or not. I am surprised that they did not mention (as far as I can see) Captain EO to boost the offering.

It will be interesting to see how the visitor numbers are affected by this.

Roll on 2012 - back to new rides (hopefully)!

dlrpkris

Photoshopped images more like the banner of this site (the Christmas promo images) simply heighten the experience of the parks. The brochure does seem a bit dramatic in the placing of attractions, buildings and characters. Can't say I'm a massive fan of the logo either. Seems really quite basic. Not the kind of thing I'd like to see on merchandise etc.

I do like all the events though. The photolocations and smaller experiences do sound similar in concept to those hinted at once upon a time for NGF, but nothing there stands out as atrocious.

I'm guessing the Cars characters in 'Moteurs' will simply replace Herbie or something? Not an awful suggestion. A lot more recognisable for the kids
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Anthony

It seems more than ever that this isn't a brochure for Disneyland Paris but for the Magical Moments Festival, which may or may not be a bad thing, I don't know how the general public respond to this kind of stuff. Maybe, like I said last brochure, these just aren't that important for giving an overview of the parks - what with websites like Photos Magiques having thousands of pictures online.

Beyond the ridiculous photoshop images, the design is actually fantastic. That Tower of Terror page, wow! Why didn't they lead with that in 2008? It's beautiful. Compare it to those awful brochures back in 2003, 2004... they've come a long, long way. But yes, if only DLP could do a special pull-out for people who want more pictures of their holiday destination and not character clip art left over from the Disney Store Christmas catalogue.

I am quite impressed how they've managed to pad out very few new things. Even if we won't have a new land or even a show throughout the day on Central Plaza, there should be a general veneer of new-ness with these various "moments". What concerns me is that Spring/Summer 2012 surely won't bring any new attractions either - why waste a new attraction when it's the 20th? - so it's going to be a long wait until Winter 2012/2013 and the second year of the anniversary. Now you can see why the Toy Story Playland opening was so late in the season, make it seem new for longer.

dagobert

After seeing what brochures other theme park resorts like Europa Park have, I'm really disappointed with the new brochure.

Anthony, you are right the new catalogues are just for promoting their festivals, but I still think it is done in a bad way. For example WDW and DL had so great and professional brochures about their "The Year of a Million Dreams" or "What will You Celebrate" campaigns.

Maybe it would be better for DLRP to create a catalogue that just promotes the resort and that stays the same each year, except new attractions are added.
And for every new campaign or festival, Disney could publish a small brochure just about the festivities. At least it was that way in the US. There we got a general catalogue about WDW and a small brochure about "The Year of a Million Dreams".

Adam

Quote from: "Anthony"What concerns me is that Spring/Summer 2012 surely won't bring any new attractions either - why waste a new attraction when it's the 20th? - so it's going to be a long wait until Winter 2012/2013 and the second year of the anniversary. Now you can see why the Toy Story Playland opening was so late in the season, make it seem new for longer.

Why do you think there won't be a new ride for 2012? Ratatouille?

I think that they are missing a trick not mentioning Earl of Sandwich, as it will open next year. It's nothing big, but it is something new for 2011? On this vein, I would imagine that for 20th/2012, along with Ratatouille and perhaps another smaller ride/restaurant/shop or some theming, they will also emphasise the new World of Disney store (advertising its size - biggest Disney shop in Europe if it is?), as well as the Disney Store and Hurricanes replacements (if they get around to filling Hurricanes!).

Anthony

Quote from: "Adam"Why do you think there won't be a new ride for 2012? Ratatouille?
Ratatouille won't/wouldn't open until very late in the year or possibly 2013. It definitely won't be included in the brochure we're seeing this time next year, which will purely focus on the 20th Anniversary events/entertainments. Doesn't make financial sense to play both those cards at once.

But thinking again, there's always Star Tours 2 for 2012, isn't there? And other speculation (possibly just fan dreams) about upgrades to Phantom Manor, adding Jack Sparrow to Pirates. A year of upgraded classics. Maybe they'll surprise us.

And hey, back on MMF: this "3D Ratatouille photo location"... where's that going? The new street in WDS? It would be quite clever to have built that during TSPL but promote it as something new for 2011.

smurfy74

i cant see any mention of mickeys house :-(

DisneyBud

I had completely forgotten about Mickey's house. How sad, I was looking forward to that!

Tuvok

Quote from: "Anthony"And hey, back on MMF: this "3D Ratatouille photo location"... where's that going? The new street in WDS? It would be quite clever to have built that during TSPL but promote it as something new for 2011.

No, from what I've heard, this new 3D Ratatouille photo location will be near the entrance/exit of Restaurant des Stars where they will built a giant piece of 'cheese' where visitors can stick their heads through and make a picture. At selected times Remy and Emile will be there too. No official word yet on it's location though.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Anthony

Ah, thanks for the info Tuvok!

This seems to be a recent idea, having meet 'n' greets outside restaurants presumably in the hope of attracting more people inside. Also happens with Jack Sparrow at Blue Lagoon and Aladdin at Agrabah Café. Have to say it's a little disappointing though, given the ready-and-waiting street in Toon Studio. Remy and Emile don't really belong next to Tower of Terror...

Tuvok

Quote from: "Anthony"Ah, thanks for the info Tuvok!

This seems to be a recent idea, having meet 'n' greets outside restaurants presumably in the hope of attracting more people inside. Also happens with Jack Sparrow at Blue Lagoon and Aladdin at Agrabah Café. Have to say it's a little disappointing though, given the ready-and-waiting street in Toon Studio. Remy and Emile don't really belong next to Tower of Terror...

I agree. I also thought they would built a (temporary) meet & greet spot in the Paris-street. It's the ideal setting, but I think they thought it wasn't that nice to have a photo location with those blue fences behind it. The street looks fantastic on one side, but on the other... Where are those giant Paris placemaking decors? They should have come up already.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

wishuponastar

anyone have any idea what this news show stop for OUADP will be?

Disney Mum

I don't like or dislike the new logo, it does seem a strange combination of characters - though like pp said it might be to do with DVD releases.  I like the name and I like the fact that there is something a bit new each time.  Even if not permanent I think it is great they are doing something with the Festival Stage area, it has been a dead zone for too long, maybe it will tide the gap to the extension of Fantasyland.  Also think it will be good to have something after the Small World ride, my daughter will certainly like a Princess Meet'n'Greet.  I just wish they would put the big shows on again and do something out by Woody's Roundup - we loved the Tarzan show and it is so sad that there is that huge area where they used to have the animals that has nothing in it.

DLP - Magic Circus Sep06, SQL Feb07, Cheyenne Apr07, Sequoia Xmas07, SQL Jun09, HNY Sep10, SF Mar11, Cheyenne Jun12, NPBC Oct12, Cheyenne Mar13 soon SQL Dec13

Florida - Intnl Drive Aug88, Comfort Suites May08, LBV Resort Village Sep09, POR AR Aug/Sep11 soon Encantada/DCL Oct/Nov14

Magic M

I can honestly say I'm loving the look of the new brouchure. I feel it has a wonderful dream-like quality mixing the fantasy and the reality.
It also looks like Disney have invested in new character graphics (not the usual clip art) and are really building on the meet & greet element at DLRP.
It makes me want to go back tomorrow - so it must be doing its job!