Disney Magical Moments Festival (From April 2011)

Started by Kristof, September 01, 2010, 09:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Columbiad

Some brand new (and very surprising!) visuals. All very beautiful, but unfortunatly all focusing on things that have not yet happened, or been a let down. (Alice in Wonderland photolocation, Hook's ship and the Rapunzel photolocation)

Your thoughts?

Columbiad

Looking back on them, the Pirates and Alice images seem as if they have made an attempt to merge the Disney Classic Film and the Tim Burton film and Peter Pan and Pirates of the Caribbean, respectively. I think they've done so very well.

Scissorsboi

Three beautiful images (I'd go as far as to say nicer than the more recent Annie Leibovitz portraits), and they show that somewhere, someone has talent and vision. If only that person had the same input into the finished product.

If I saw that Tangled one, and went to the park and saw that cardboard cutout instead of a false 'room' with a hair swing, I'd feel cheated. Surely this isn't just fans who'd think this? If you saw that in a brochure and then the actual thing in park you'd definately think 'this isn't what I was promised!', wouldn't you?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

dagobert

If these images are made to promote the photolocations and the Peter Pan show, than they are done badly. These images are way too well done to promote the ugly photolocations. They don't deserve to be used for that.

I also like the pictures a lot and I agree that they are better than some of the Annie Leibovitz portraits.

Columbiad

I agree - they surpass Leibovitz's work by far. I wonder if these are Paris or California produced?

dagobert

Disneyland released a wonderful new video about DLRP:

[youtube:rl22tgjf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efEye_0cPfw[/youtube:rl22tgjf]

Have you seen Kristof?? And some parts are taken from other parks.

DisneyBud

Alice photo location has returned. The teacups needed holes drilling for rainwater drainage.

Reiana

I saw Kristof two times :thumbs:   :thumbs:

davewasbaloo

not a bad video, they have had a few like these over the years on their corporate sites. Much better than the mass media ads.
since 2001 (many before that)

15MagicalYears

Does anyone know what this is and if it has anything to do with MMF?

[youtube:2157yi4p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsFtBcTYSJU[/youtube:2157yi4p]

I think it's ridiculous and cheap. Having the characters everywhere makes it less special when meeting them, especially when it's the fab5 and some pixar characters.

davewasbaloo

They have always done stuff like this. The best encounters are when you do not know you will encounter them.

sven

How is that cheap? We experienced this yesterday as we were leaving RnRC and everybody around seemed really happy to have a unexpected chance of shake hands and hugging the characters. And by the sheer amount of characters almost everybody around gets a realistic chance.

peter

at least studios is getting something. its obvious that this was not planned for this year, otherwise they would have advertised for it. maybe they'll claim that this is new for the 20th?

dagobert

An Austrian newspaper published an article about Disneyland Paris, Legoland Germany, Europa Park and Phantasialand. The article is about what people awaits this summer in the four themeparks. I hope it will not be read by many people, because it covers Disney's Magical Moments Festival. The other three parks offer new rides, like Maus-au-Chocolat at Phantasialand, while DLRP is just about shows and meet and greets. If you compare the offerings, I can imagine many people will choose one of the German Parks.

http://kurier.at/freizeit/reise/2104878.php It's in GERMAN!!!!

:offtopic: :
It's interesting that the German Mickey Mouse Magazine celebrates it's 60th birthday at Legoland Germany. Not sure if Disney is happy about that. I remember that many years ago there were specials about WDW and DLRP in the magazine, but recently you can win trips to Europa Park or Legoland. I

davewasbaloo

Interesting report. I can attest, at Europa Park, Food Loop is indeed awesome, and we enjoyed Piccolo Mondo, though it is pretty equal to a Fantasyland Dark ride, fun though. The suite looked very cool too. And Phantasialand, the new spinner there did look nicer than the TSPL ish (but pretty equal to one TSPL ride) Though Maus au Chocolat sounds really interesting.

The new additions at DLP were a turn off for us this year except for the Aladdin photo area, and the Alice in Wonderland area. Sad, but true. The Dance Express and hub shows, as well as the parade stops were aweful, we just didn't bother in the end, walking away from them all.

Legoland in Germany sounds the real winner here though (although the new Atlantis ride in Windsor is aweome) - the Star Wars area alone is cool.