Disney Magical Moments Festival (From April 2011)

Started by Kristof, September 01, 2010, 09:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

I like the Aladdin photo location, I also agree the Tangled one sucks..... I was expecting so much more.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

aliscrapper

Where is the Princess meet location and is this a permanent fixture at DLP?? Thanks :thumbs:

DLP-Photos.com

Hmm, ohh, arhh - what to say about all of these magical moments places... Some of the photo locations blend in quite well and look decent/good, while others are near to being disastrous.

I'm guessing some of them could be staying on for more than this festival - I guess (and hope) that this could be the better ones: "Rhythm of the Jungle", "Aladdin", "Peter Pan" and "Tea Party"... The "Tangles" and "Princesses" photo locations look extremely cheap and I am 99.9 % sure that these will be very temporary only to fill the space until the new Princess Photo Location opens in the former IASW post show (fingers crossed).

I like the Wall-E and having seen it in person it is quite well made. However, I don't like the placement at all and hope it will be removed again after MMF. We still haven't seen the Ratatouille in front of Restaurant des Stars. From concept arts it looks more like Tangled/Princesses than the others - I hope not.

The entertainment seems like another "lets-postpone-our-entertainment-creativity-to-the-20th" renewal... I guess the shows offer some entertainment for the families while the main budget this year is used on refurbishments (GREAT, FANTASTIC, WONDERFUL) and hopefully we will see more top class entertainment for the 20th. The return of Tarzan, however, is great and I cannot wait to see it again this summer :)

All in all it seems like a decent waiting-year-festival, which draws people to the resort with a catching name while offering time for the resort to refurbish all our favorites, so they are ready next year. Thumbs up :-)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "Aurora"Same here. The princess meet and greet looks cheap, not very "princessy" at all :? . I hope that is not a permanent thing. lookd better with the castle in the background.( Even though I like seeing Belle in the pic) :lol:
Aurora
I'm guessing this is temporary until the real Princess Pavillion opens nearby in the old Small World postshow. That won't be until 2012, but since they advertised something called "Disney Princesses: A Royal Invitation" for this year... well, I guess this is it. :lol: (Needless to say, the Princess Pavillion will be a huge improvement)

Not a fan of the Tangled location either. Well, it might be better if it was in a different place. I also wonder how good a view most people will get of the Peter Pan show/happening. Hopefully it's not like the old Peter Pan to Rescue (which took place actually on the ship in 2004), which was a bit of a failure because hardly anyone could see it.

The fireworks and ridiculously overblown stage show looks the same as every year.

ulak

New "human face" for Genie looks really scary! :(
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

JelleP

Disney and More posted an article about the press event last Saturday (LINK);

First, the Photo locations:

The new shows:

[youtube:33k11bh5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDcVvlV8RvM[/youtube:33k11bh5]

[youtube:33k11bh5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yXQo7AMNwI[/youtube:33k11bh5]

[youtube:33k11bh5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dY8JnJFKOw[/youtube:33k11bh5]

And finally, the BIG opening ceremony of the Magic Moments Festival! (LINK)

[youtube:33k11bh5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s73UP3P02mE[/youtube:33k11bh5]

And finally, the official video from Disneyland Paris' YouTube Channel...
[youtube:33k11bh5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huE7Wu4oZxI[/youtube:33k11bh5]
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

peter

so the characters sometimes go to the photolocations?

luke85

I love the Peter Pan show, it looks so much fun!

peep

Interesting, I was there over the weekend and never saw the magic carpet at the Aladdin photo point. Maybe it was only there on the Saturday?
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Festival Disney

After seeing DLP's official video, I don't like the Dancer's in the blue coats with the umbrella's in front of Dreams of Imagination one bit! Chip, Dale and Pluto should be up the front, and put the blue coats at the back!
BUT, I do like the Peter Pan show, looks great!  :D
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

15MagicalYears

Hopefully the new show stops get cut, not liking them at all but I do like the Peter Pan show.

hawian rollercoaster

Any pics of footage from the new additions to the parade.

Festival Disney

Quote from: "hawian rollercoaster"Any pics of footage from the new additions to the parade.

The videos can be found in the Parade's thread here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=575&start=780#p186654  :thumbs:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

15MagicalYears

This photo was uploaded on the Facebook page of Character Photos Blog;

This is the cheapest and ugliest thing I have possibly ever seen in a Disney Park. Just look at that metal fairground flooring. Eww.

dagobert

That's really ugly, I can't believe WDI approved that. Maybe they weren't even involved. That's a new low for DLRP.