Disney Magical Moments Festival (From April 2011)

Started by Kristof, September 01, 2010, 09:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeyDad

Wow, I try to see the positives but that is awfull, whats 'magical' about that?

As for WDI Peggie Farris the new head of Walt Disney Imagineering Paris was at the Fan presentation where thay made a point of mentioning this, as if it's something to sing about!

DLP-Photos.com

Oh my, oh my this is bad.... I cannot belive that I am seeing this in our beloved Disney park... A plain card board photo location promoted as a magical moment - at least the new locations in Disneyland Park has some quality - this is just sad.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

DopeyDad

I think my 7yo son has worked it out. These are new themed toilets and you can cheerfully look out while taking a tinkle  :-"

Columbiad

How this qualifies as "magical" or even a worthwhile "moment" is a mystery.

Although, looking on the bright side, it's the closest we've been to a Ratatouille dark ride so far (!)

Anthony

Good heavens. I was waiting to see this, it seemed to arrive a little late. And there was me thinking that, whilst still a horribly cheap (and literally end-of-the-pier) idea, the blocks of cheese would be somehow three dimensional.

Construction walls at DCA look better than this.

DopeyDad

I had really hoped that the art work shown earlier in this thread didn't do it justice, but no. Surely almost any, even casual, visitor to the parks would consider that cheap?
And I guess we may have another of this type of location if there is a Nemo photo point too!

Anthony

Quote from: "DopeyDad"And I guess we may have another of this type of location if there is a Nemo photo point too!
Hopefully that one will be more like Kaa and Zazu in Adventureland:

It was a bit desperate they even advertised the Ratatouille location in this year's brochure:

QuoteMAGICAL FAMILY MOMENTS

Share the most magical adventures with your family at Disneyland® Paris together create the most unique and treasured family memories.

- New 3D photo location: Smile and say "cheese" with Remy and Emile
Crackers.

TowMater

The Ratatouille photo location is  :sick:
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

15MagicalYears

I think this whole year/festival is a bit desperate, advertising photolocations (that any normal guest would expect to be there anyway) as brand new and the best thing ever. I'm keeping my expectations for the 20th low so I don't get too dissapointed. I hate being so negative but really, when your given things like this theres not alot of hope  :?

Festival Disney

:offtopic: for a second, but I've noticed that 2 of the lights on Main Street Station have been missing for quite a while now. (The ones atop the "Main Street, U.S.A." sign)
Before:

After:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Scissorsboi

That Ratatouille photolocation is shocking. I was already pretty disgusted at the Tangled one, but this is a new low. Surely this is just temporary whilst they make a proper one?

Also, did they forget that they already have a Remy statue from the station last year? Why not just sit that on something like a chair, have a false window behind that looks out on a Paris vista (the image is already there as it was used in Hotel NY) and there you go, a classy, but still in theme photolocation.

These were very much done on the cheap. I'd rather have seen nothing than these lazy additions to the parks, which ruin the work which has been put into making the parks seem magical and authentic.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

peter

It's a flat piece of wood!!!!!!!! What the heck in this thing is 3d. The only thing that this is good for is for. Crying behind. Anyway, off to kill myself by choking on a piece of cheese

Patrick

Can we possibly call this Disney's Magical year of Failures as yet another photo location has been taken away.  This time it was the "wonderful" Alice photo location. :roll:

Source: InsideDLParis

DisneyBud

I must admit, when I was there the week before last, the table was look quite dirty already. Maybe it is being cleaned? Although why they would need to remove it do so I'm not sure....

dagobert

This looks just awful. Hopefully all new photolocations will be gone for the 20th birthday.