Disney's Sequoia Lodge refurbishment (October 2010 - 2012)

Started by Kristof, May 27, 2010, 01:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loladelorean

Quote from: "Martyn"Some of what you've said loladelorean doesn't make much sense to me

Quote from: "loladelorean"From now until the end of April, the outer buildings are being refurbed therefore Montana rooms will still be in the main building.

All rooms in the main building are called Montana rooms (and lakeside), all rooms in the outside lodges are standard rooms, so I dont get what you mean by 'Montana rooms will STILL be in the main building'....?

Quote from: "loladelorean"From May onwards, though, Montana rooms will be the newly refurbed rooms in the outer buildings and standard rooms will be in the main building.

So from May, the standard cheaper rooms will be in the building, and the more expensive upgraded rooms will be in outside Lodges?? That doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks for letting us know though. Much appreciated.

I said "still" because things will be the same until the end of April, then they will change. Sorry for any confusion.
Yes, you've understood me correctly - from May the more expensive rooms will be the newly refurbed rooms in the other buildings, and the cheaper rooms will be the old rooms in the main building. I thought it was a bit odd at first but I clarified it with the CM and when I re-read the new brochure it states the same thing.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

loladelorean

Quote from: "Martyn"^ But the whole point of a Montana room was that they were in the main building (oh, and minibar :P), so if they're not in the main building, thats kind of defying the point of them....?

Disney have obviously made the judgement that the refurbed rooms are going to be significantly better therefore justifying the extra cost. I think they are underestimating the extent to which people are willing to pay extra for location. However, it should be a good thing for anyone travelling in this period who DOES value location, as the main building rooms are available at the cheaper standard rate.
And I get the impression, as Festival Disney points out, that this is a temporary measure during the period of refurbishment.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Martyn

So will that mean after all the rooms have been refubished, they'll all be Montana rooms, or will they put it back to how it used to be?

(So after all that mess over how much our upgrade would cost (see other topic), we could now end up getting a Montana room for free!)

Anthony

Yes, once the rooms in the main building have been refurbished, they'll become the Montana rooms again and the others standard rooms.

I suppose for people paying the standard rate but getting an "upgrade" to the main building during this period, there might be a chance of slight disturbance from the work? Scaffolding in front of the window? Is the refurb that major or is it just an interior refit? It'd be nice to get a proper list of what exactly's changing. And there was that rumour Kristof began the topic with, about "a plan exists that will turn Disney's Sequoia Lodge in Europe's first full ecological hotel."

Martyn

Surely we would have been notified if there were to beany real disturbances with our room when we booked? (though I doubt anythings happening with the exterior, and I remember reading that they were doing a floor at a time?)

I hope all the lodges are being done at once, so we do get a Montana room in Jan!hehe :P

alexguitar

I got back from Disneyland yesterday, and stayed in a room in the Sierra Lodge!
The Lodges were definitely being refurbed, and a couple of them were completely sealed off for refurb. Glimpses inside the the windows showed the Bambi theme!
Our room was a little tired, (I'll post photos in a trip report) but they are quite old rooms now! Can't wait to see the refurb!
December 2003 - Hotel New York
December 2004 - Davy Crockett Ranch
December 2005 - Newport Bay
December 2006 - Davy Crockett Ranch
December 2007 - Davy Crockett Ranch (One night in Sequoia Lodge)
December 2008 - Davy Crockett Ranch
December 2009 - Disneyland Hotel
December 2010 - Sequoia Lodge (7th-11th)
December 2010 - Davy Crockett Ranch (19th-22nd)
December 2011 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2012 - Davy Crockett Ranch
December 2013 - Sequoia Lodge (Can't wait!)
[/b]

Martyn

Damn, I was hoping they'd have them all closed at once!

I am so not looking forward to this new 'Bambi' look....

dagobert

Quote from: "Martyn"Damn, I was hoping they'd have them all closed at once!

I am so not looking forward to this new 'Bambi' look....

I think Disney doesn't have the capacity to close the whole hotel at once. The occupancy rate is around 90% and so there are not enough rooms for all the guests and Disney would lose a lot of money.

I'm also not looking forward to the Bambi theme. In my opinion the themes of the hotels should be character free in Paris, due to the American theming of all hotels.

Martyn

Quote from: "dagobert"I think Disney doesn't have the capacity to close the whole hotel at once.

I actually ment all the lodges, not the actual Hotel. They wanted extra £200 to upgrade to a Montana room this year, so I told them where to go, though we ain't looking forward to staying in the lodges, so I was hoping they'd all be closed for refurb, so we could have a Montana room :D

Martyn

QuoteThe Lodges were definitely being refurbed, and a couple of them were completely sealed off for refurb. Glimpses inside the the windows showed the Bambi theme!

Could youi give us any more info on what you saw 'Bambi' related? I'm starting to loose sleep over this.... :lol:

alexguitar

Quote from: "Martyn"
QuoteThe Lodges were definitely being refurbed, and a couple of them were completely sealed off for refurb. Glimpses inside the the windows showed the Bambi theme!

Could youi give us any more info on what you saw 'Bambi' related? I'm starting to loose sleep over this.... :lol:

Through the window, I could see a dark blue border along the top of the wall, though I couldn't see exactly what was on it, and there was a picture hung on the wall, like a bambi scene, like the one that was already in the room. :)
December 2003 - Hotel New York
December 2004 - Davy Crockett Ranch
December 2005 - Newport Bay
December 2006 - Davy Crockett Ranch
December 2007 - Davy Crockett Ranch (One night in Sequoia Lodge)
December 2008 - Davy Crockett Ranch
December 2009 - Disneyland Hotel
December 2010 - Sequoia Lodge (7th-11th)
December 2010 - Davy Crockett Ranch (19th-22nd)
December 2011 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2012 - Davy Crockett Ranch
December 2013 - Sequoia Lodge (Can't wait!)
[/b]

Martyn

Hmm, well so far, thats not too bad. A border along the wall and a picture was actually what I had in mind for a 'subtle' makeover, so I'm happy so far...

paterdave2

I think this rewfurb will be at same level as the Santa fe refurb.
So a picture on the wall perhaps a bedsheet and the blue border are as much as we can expect I think.
I do hope they won't change the caracters for the hotels because than I have to get all the hotel pins again(lol)
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

ben mcqueen

I'm starying in Sequoia Lodge in just under 3 weeks, am i right in thinking that they have upgraded the tvs to flat screens now?

Dolph7800

Quote from: "ben mcqueen"I'm starying in Sequoia Lodge in just under 3 weeks, am i right in thinking that they have upgraded the tvs to flat screens now?

That appears to be the case, I'll be there next Monday so can check first hand  :D