Disney's Sequoia Lodge refurbishment (October 2010 - 2012)

Started by Kristof, May 27, 2010, 01:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JelleP

Some pictures of the 'new' rooms from pariscastmember.blogspot.com!

And apparently Mickey has his own Sequoia Lodge costume now (source)

[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

dagobert

Thanks for the pictures.

Take a look at the lamps. It's a renovated room and the lamp is already damaged.

Although is just a minor problem,and I guess I'm the only one who cares, but if you look closely at the lamp, you will see that they coloured small parts of it. Usually you take the whole lamp down and after you have coloured the wall, you put it back. It seems that didn't happen here. I'm sure no one will recognize that, but since I've recently coloured some walls at home, I did see it.

Thanks to my girlfriend I'm able to stay in many hotels and the more hotels I see, I get more and more disappointed with Disney.

Josh

Mickey has always had a Sequoia Lodge costume. I've got pictures of me with him wearing it from when I was 9 years old. XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "dagobert"Thanks for the pictures.

Take a look at the lamps. It's a renovated room and the lamp is already damaged.

Funnily I didn't notice this the first time I looked at these photos, but now you mention it :(

Well, it's just cheap and nasty and I would have hoped for better :shock:

Notice I said 'Hoped' :roll:

David

JelleP

Quote from: "Meph"Mickey has always had a Sequoia Lodge costume. I've got pictures of me with him wearing it from when I was 9 years old. XD
EDIT: "Mickey still wears his Sequoia Lodge costume." :')
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

smithl16

Does anyone know if HNY is getting a refurb soon? I've been there 3 times in Nov 06, 10 and 11, no complaints its a great hotel but just wondered if there was anything in the pipeline? We had issues with broken phones and screeching TV's last year when we went!

Laura  [-o<

Anthony

Something is planned for Hotel New York, yes. I forget the timescale now, but they said all the hotels would be refreshed and I think they suggested it'd come sometime after the current Sequoia Lodge and Santa Fe works.

smithl16

Hmmm maybe it's too much to hope it'll be done by my trip in November  [-o<

Laura678

Just upgraded from the Santa Fe to the Sequoia Lodge for my trip in June! Stayed there in January and love it.

The CM on the phone said that the refurb should be finished by the end of March!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

Simba 27

So now all the rooms of Sequoia Lodge are Bambi themed?

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

15MagicalYears

Whatever happened to the Mickey-head toppers for the toiletries? It's little detail like that that make the hotel Disney.