Disney's Sequoia Lodge refurbishment (October 2010 - 2012)

Started by Kristof, May 27, 2010, 01:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "RiverRogue"... That said, they already changed the designs once sometime in the 90s.
Do you know what has been changed? Anyone has pictures from before the change??

Quote from: "pussinboots"... And I don't think the rooms at Sequoia Lodge have friezes at the moment, or even printed shower curtains, so this should be interesting.
Only the Montana rooms have a mini bar:

All rooms have a shower curtain (although probably not all have one with the Sequoia Lodge logo on)...

Last but not least, the infamous deer lamp Puss wants so much:

:D

pussinboots

Haha. It's sad how that deer is stuck in that blazing forest fire. See, if people go around these rooms looking for things to photograph, there may as well be some little things worth capturing.

By frieze I meant a wallpaper border, by the way, not a freezer. Here's an interesting one that can apparently be found at the Disney Vacation Club rooms of the Grand Californian:

Of course it wouldn't work at Sequoia Lodge at all.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "pussinboots"... By frieze I meant a wallpaper border, by the way, not a freezer. ...

Lol, my fault, sorry :D

Jonjo

Does anyone know if refurbishment work has started at the hotel yet?
The Disneyland Paris Shareholders Blog.
www.salonmickey.co.uk

Laura678

I don't know if it has started yet, but someone from Disney rang me ti explain that the lodges will be closed one by one for the refurb, and in the main building the floors will be closed one by one.
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

alexguitar

Quote from: "bigrossco"
Quote from: "lauramumof3"cool i was thinking about a dvd player my son said this morning "mum disneyland doesnt have tv does it you just watch the park!" meaning that usually the top ten places to go is on constantly!!

BUT I bet ALL of us have watched it more than once when staying there  :D/

If I had a pound for everytime I've seen that....

Anyway, back on topic I'm staying at the Sequoia in just under 4 weeks, and I'll be able to report back on whether there's any refurbs going on? I believe we're staying in the main building.
December 2003 - Hotel New York
December 2004 - Davy Crockett Ranch
December 2005 - Newport Bay
December 2006 - Davy Crockett Ranch
December 2007 - Davy Crockett Ranch (One night in Sequoia Lodge)
December 2008 - Davy Crockett Ranch
December 2009 - Disneyland Hotel
December 2010 - Sequoia Lodge (7th-11th)
December 2010 - Davy Crockett Ranch (19th-22nd)
December 2011 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2012 - Davy Crockett Ranch
December 2013 - Sequoia Lodge (Can't wait!)
[/b]

Martyn

So was the new TV discussion a seperate topic to this?

loladelorean

I have just phoned and booked SL for June 15th-17th  :D
Got some info from them that others might find useful. From now until the end of April, the outer buildings are being refurbed therefore Montana rooms will still be in the main building.
From May onwards, though, Montana rooms will be the newly refurbed rooms in the outer buildings and standard rooms will be in the main building. I'm happy with this as it means guaranteed good location for the standard price.
Basically, outer buildings are getting refurbed first. If you pay the Montana premium you get location until April, and a better room after that.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Anthony

Merged with the Sequoia Lodge refurb thread. Thanks for the info! :thumbs:

loladelorean

Quote from: "Anthony"Merged with the Sequoia Lodge refurb thread. Thanks for the info! :thumbs:

Thanks Anthony, sorry for starting an unnecessary thread! Hopefully this info will be of interest to this who want to know more about the progress of the refurb, and useful to those planning to stay in SL next year.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

Anthony

Don't apologise! ;-)

It's a surprising idea to basically flip the Montana/Standard rooms around. Is this being communicated to everyone who books? I'd imagine a lot of returning guests will be a bit surprised/confused to find themselves in the outer blocks, even if they have a nice refreshed room. Hopefully they'll see it as a plus.

jessica-loves-disney

Quote from: "Anthony"Don't apologise! ;-)

It's a surprising idea to basically flip the Montana/Standard rooms around. Is this being communicated to everyone who books? I'd imagine a lot of returning guests will be a bit surprised/confused to find themselves in the outer blocks, even if they have a nice refreshed room. Hopefully they'll see it as a plus.

no it is not being communicated to everyone. i have booked a montana room for july and nobody could tell me why it said main building on the website and lodges in the brochure and what i would actually be getting as a montana room, it got very confusing. i just hope that paying the extra is going to be worth it as i have never stayed at the SL before.
September 2010 - Santa Fe
our first holiday together (:

July 2011 - Seqouia Lodge
taking advantage of 45% off (:

Martyn

Some of what you've said loladelorean doesn't make much sense to me

Quote from: "loladelorean"From now until the end of April, the outer buildings are being refurbed therefore Montana rooms will still be in the main building.

All rooms in the main building are called Montana rooms (and lakeside), all rooms in the outside lodges are standard rooms, so I dont get what you mean by 'Montana rooms will STILL be in the main building'....?

Quote from: "loladelorean"From May onwards, though, Montana rooms will be the newly refurbed rooms in the outer buildings and standard rooms will be in the main building.

So from May, the standard cheaper rooms will be in the building, and the more expensive upgraded rooms will be in outside Lodges?? That doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks for letting us know though. Much appreciated.

Festival Disney

It must only be a temorary measure while they renovate the main building? (moving the Montanna rooms)
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Martyn

^ But the whole point of a Montana room was that they were in the main building (oh, and minibar :P), so if they're not in the main building, thats kind of defying the point of them....?