Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Well I guess I'll have to do the ride again and make a new judgement...  :lol:   Have to admit I was a bit stressed out when we finally boarded the vehicle.  Waited for nearly 45 minutes in the sun because of a 101, then a British woman pushed her 2 young sons under the barriers and made them crawl their way passed the other guests (they never managed to pass me lol) and then she went to the exit of the attraction and told the cast member her kids where queueing and that she would join them from the other side... And top of the bill, we we held in last breakzone for a minute or so.  So when I saw the Crush projection, I was a bit disappointed, but as I said before, I'll give it another chance next time.  (But that won't happen with the Toon Train...)

Off topic: Grandmath, you and your friends were parked next to our car on the Hotel New York parkinglot on Saturday morning... Wanted to put a Photos Magiques card under your windscreen wipers, but forgot lol...

disney_donutter

and people wonder why we Brits are branded the worst Tourists Ever!! that is so rude!!! at least they didn't get past you! lol

Riebi

I must say: I Like the ride much! After riding I can only say: FUN FUN FUN! The darkness at rollercoaster zone doesn´t matter for me cause I was really occupied to notice wich direction my body takes! Wonderful ride!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

I keep reading this on every WDW fansite, and now today Jim Hill says:

Quote from: "JimHillMedia.com"Mickey Avenue (i.e. Formerly where the soundstages that "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire -- Play It!" were located. Now this area will be play host to the studio theme park's "Toy Story Mania" attraction as well as the soon-to-be-announced stateside version of "Crush's Coaster") will officially become Pixar Place.
Source

Really? Crush's Coaster in MGM? Unless Toy Story Mania has a really wacky exterior building, I can't see it fitting in. Not to mention WDW already has 2 Nemo attractions in 2 other separate parks.

What do you think? :?

penfold12

It doesnt need to have the same exterior as DLRP though. Their Rockin'Rollercoaster exterior is different to ours, and their Star Tours is much more themed. I know the ride exists outside, which is different to those two, but I can see it working. I mean, the frontage of ours was "in keeping with a movie studio". I sorta feel now its "Disney's Hollywood" then the idea that it has to be a sound stage or studio set linked is relaxed.

I could imagine this fitting in though. Also, Nemo id the most popular Pixar movie at the box office, and you know how Disney love to cash in on sucess..... High School Musical 1, 2 or 3 anyone??!

Maarten

This is what I wrote on DLRP Today:

To be honest, I dont want Crush's Coaster to be cloned to Florida. The US parks already took Moteurs... Action! and our Tower of Terror. Maybe it will be a fun addition to Disney's Hollywood Studios, but it's a shame that Walt Disney Studios can't build up an identity of it own including some original attractions. By the way, I don't really see how an attraction like Crush's Coaster can work in Orlando, imagine the massive crowds at this low-capacity ride. Besides that, they already have got several Nemo inspired attractions, like the article mentioned.

Haz

Now this area will be play host to the studio theme park's "Toy Story Mania" attraction as well as the soon-to-be-announced stateside version of "Crush's Coaster") will officially become Pixar Place.

I was under the impression that the version was to be Ratatouille,i will try and find the link and post.

Has the concept art of the building been shown,i have not seen it.
All the Best,

Haz

The Butlin Boy

I am completely against this idea, because of these 4 reasons:
1. Why can't we have something unique for a change.
2. If they did make it there, then they'd probably spend more money on it and make it more impressive than ours (although I wouldn't mind knowing how much better it could become)
3. They already have 2 Nemo attractions in 2 parks, any more and they'll be swimming in them (I know its a bad joke but I couldn't resist :lol: )
4. They already have a spinning roller coaster, it may not be very popular but they still have one
5. People will think why go to paris when we can got to florida and ride Crush   and also go to 4 parks and waterparks aswell? This will lower attendence, and this means that less money will be made and we won't get as many new rides and attractions in the future

So come on America, stop stealing our good ideas

Edit:
QuoteI was under the impression that the version was to be Ratatouille,i will try and find the link and post.

Thanks for bringing this up, It seems that after a little bit of googling, A Ratatouille ride like Crush (dark ride + coaster) has been a rumor on a lot of american forums to be going into both DCA and Pixar Place in DHS, so we may be safe. 8)

Kristof

I even heard they were thinking of a Cars version (was on Miceage I think).

Japper

I think a Cars version wouldn't work at all :) How would they explain the dark part?

kermit

I guess Jim Hill was only referring to Crush´s coaster as to what kind of coaster the new attraction in DHS is going to be.

I guess Ratatouille (sp. ?) is the least possible version. What´s the story in the dark ride park ? How do they fit in the coaster part ?
Would be interesting to see.

A Cars-theme would be great IMHO. It´s a great movie. You can tell a great story and there were talks for a long time to build a cars themed ride ...

but,

I think that a WDS clone of Crush is what they are doing. It´s cheaper and they haven´t got a Nemo attraction at DHS, yet.
By now they only have the stage show at AK and destroyed Living with the Land at "EPCOT Center´s" Future World with the Nemo layout .  :evil:
So they finally need something for DHS and MK :lol:

Just my two cents.
"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

speedpacket

Quote from: "kermit"I guess Ratatouille (sp. ?) is the least possible version. What´s the story in the dark ride park ? How do they fit in the coaster part ?
Well - at the beginning of the movie, they are flooded through sewers ;)
Although this is just a very MINOR part of the movie, so wouldn't work at all, very unlike the BIG role the EAC did play in Finding Nemo.
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Alison

We went on this twice in July and had to wait absolutely ages. After having first queued to get in the Studios (rugby scrum), we headed for CC and were nearly trampled underfoot in the process with a lot of people just ducking under the rope barriers to get further ahead in the queue.

It was then announced that the ride had in fact broken down so we had about an hour to wait with a total lack of information - hot sun etc. - before we got on the ride. (But it was great!)

I wonder if they'll introduce Fast Passes soon for this ride?

speedpacket

Quote from: "Alison"I wonder if they'll introduce Fast Passes soon for this ride?
Let's hope they don't...  :evil:
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Anthony

They won't install Fastpass, it turns a 60 minute queue into a 90+ minute queue.

WDS has enough specific-time attractions, they're probably quite glad Crush has a long queue - that 1 hour wait is 1 hour more than you would have spent in there otherwise...  :lol: