Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Martyn"You should be ok if you get there first thing. But then everytime I've done that, its broken down before opening, so we're basically told to bogof!lol

Anywho, hopefully TSPL will attract the guests upon opening time, to leave Crushkins for us adults!

I'm gonna be waiting outside wds at 9.30 :D Gonna get the RER at like 8.45 :D

paul

Having previously sworn never to ride Crush's Coaster (out of fear of spinning and going backwards) I went on it last weekend, and actually liked it

claire2281

Quote from: "paul"Having previously sworn never to ride Crush's Coaster (out of fear of spinning and going backwards) I went on it last weekend, and actually liked it

It's a funny ride - my dad is happy to ride anything without fear but when we went on the very similar Spinball Whizzer at Alton, he spent the whole ride going 'ewww, I don't like it, it's horrible'. It's not scary in the slightest imo but some people really don't like the sensation.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Dolph7800

Haven't managed to go on this ride on the last 2 visits to DLP, queues were too big. I just assumed it was a kids ride, but it sounds like something I should go for next time round!

Reiana

I'd love to go on Crush more often the only once every visit.
But waiting time vs. ride time/fun = no go.

bigrossco

Same here, i would rather wait in a Q for ToT than Crushers
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Martyn

The thing is though, the queue goes down quicker than ya think! Wasn't too impressed with Crush at first, but it has grown on me, and is now one of my favourite Disney rides! The coaster itself is average, but themeing and music is just spectacular. Makes it fully worth the wait.

fly_with_me_dumbo

My fave ride!!!! I actually love it. I was so shoked at how fast and steep it is! it was so fun especially going backwards and going up the really high bit looking back on tho the track haha.
I'll be there first thing in december :D

Sulley

At long last I got to go on this ride not once but twice!!!

I loved it, I was expecting a wee kiddies coaster, but I think it's just as thrilling as aerosmith or space mountain!

It's now one of my favourite rides at the resort, just wish the que's was a bit shorter.

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Sulley"At long last I got to go on this ride not once but twice!!!

I loved it, I was expecting a wee kiddies coaster, but I think it's just as thrilling as aerosmith or space mountain!

It's now one of my favourite rides at the resort, just wish the que's was a bit shorter.

completly agree, and i love going backwards, at that point were it climbs up real slow and your looking down at the track is my fav bit, I was like oh god whens it gonna stop climbing! I felt like it lasted ages too :D

sebassah

The theming in the que should be there to amuse the waiting guests. Or as Disney says: the que is the pre-show of the attraction. With the interactive ques at Space mountian (WDW) and the great possibilities with Turtle Talk with Crush (WDW's veriso of Stich Live!) there has to be something they can manage to update this que area.

My Idea would be to create a big 'tank' or something (LCD tv's) with Nemo characters swimming by waving at you and playing and stuff. Maybe even some special guests swimming by (like Mike W in the credits of Nemo).

th13teen

I do get rather annoyed with this ride for the fact that its not made clear to families what the ride actually is, Because you see this tiny drop outside the main building with children looking like there having fun on there little turtles then when they get off a lot (from what I have seen) are crying by the end of it because its a rather 'big' ride for children and dark and scary (for most children) This ride obvioulsly is slow anyway but because its to do with the film NEMO kids go mad over it and 'must' ride it thus making the queue even longer than it would be otherwise but hay if the theme was not there it would not Disney :)
I must say the seagulf going 'mine, mine, mine!' really do make my visit on crushes coaster and wish other parks would just add touches like that!

CafeFantasia

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but what affect has Toy Story Playland had on the Crush's Coaster morning queue? Are people still queueing up for Crush 15-30 minutes before the park officially opens at 10:00am?

sebassah

Quote from: "Alan"Apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but what affect has Toy Story Playland had on the Crush's Coaster morning queue? Are people still queueing up for Crush 15-30 minutes before the park officially opens at 10:00am?

Last month the que for Crush was till as long as ever. They might want to create a permanent extended que if this keeps happening...

Tigerlilly

I've heard that Crush's queue line has stairs and isn't wheelchair friendly unlike other WDS rides. Does anyone know where you go when with a wheelchair user? Is it the exit as with DLP rides?
and straight on till morning.