Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfy74

Weve just got back from our 5th trip this year and were surprised one morning in the studios, please look at the pics

we were surprised to see the ride so quiet, so we ran round again and did it twice in a row, the second time was the spinniest time ever and we felt quite ill afterwards, but needless to say the longest queue for crush seemed to be 20 minutes this week, which was great for us as we rode it everyday  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "smurfy74"

:shock:  :-o

Wow! You guys are so lucky to get that kind of queue. I never thought I'd ever see anything as beautiful as that :wink:

kmara

:shock:  :shock:  :shock: lucky you !!!  :D  :D  :D

I am sure you enjoyed it every time!

Please make it like this in March!!!  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

luke85

Wow! Looks so deserted!

SpaceScreaminJohn

You know, the way I see it, Crush's Coaster reminds me of Mulholland Madness at Disney's California Adventure: they both are Wild-Mouse-styled rides that are moderately fun, but they have bad capacities that causes people to wait for hours in uninteresting queue lines.  However, while Crush's Coaster has better themeing for the ride, Mulholland Madness has a single-rider line and FASTPASS.

Just saying...

Another thing I want to bring up is what would happen if Disney had spinning trains similar to the ones found on Sierra Sidewiner at Knott's Berry Farm?

I mean, I know this ride was done by a different coaster company, but wouldn't it be better if the trains had more cars per train so that more people can get on at once, and then have like one more going through the ride and another one waiting on the brake zone? Will the capacity improve slightly or will it stay the same regardless?
HOW TIMES HAVE I VISITED DISNEYLAND?
California]Florida[/color]: 0
Tokyo]Paris[/color]: 0
Hong Kong: 0

Rorschach

I was in DLP last weekend. It was packed and of course Crush's Coaster had enormous waiting times as always BUT we went there during Magic Hours at 8:05 and there were only about 30 people in the queue, which is nothing. We went on it 2 times in a row with hardly any waiting. So to avoid the queues that's the way to do it.

Pete's Dragon

5 min queue !?!?! Surely that must be a world record for Crush, you lucky swine

CafeFantasia

I had an idea, that I'd like to share with you quickly.

What if the Flying Carpets Over Agrabah was removed, and the area it once occupied was used for expanding the Crush's Coaster queue?

Here's the interesting part. What if the queue took you through an outdoor fishing village, complete with boats bobbing in a harbour? And what if some of the buildings in the queue were more than just facades and featured a seafood restaurant and a Finding Nemo shop?

It would be like continuing the theming of the indoor load area, and extending it out of the building and into the park. A great way of increasing the capacity of the ride's queue, while adding some much needed placemaking to the Walt Disney Studios.

SM:M3

Alan, I love the idea for the placemaking, and a new restaurant and shop would be much needed  =D> , but that leaves the Studios with one less "kiddie" ride, something it always lacked (although less so with Toon Studio & TSPL)

maxwise

When we visited DLRP in september last year, we went to the gates of the Studios around 9 o' clock, and rushed to the entrance of Crush's Coaster when the park opened. Back then, the park opened half an hour earlier than the rides to make people form a queue at crush.
Is this still the case? We managed to ride Crush two days in a row as one of the very first, thus avoiding the enormous queues of later in the day. Next week, we're going back, and we might repeat this strategy if they still open the gates earlier.

Magic M

Oh yes that is still VERY MUCH the case.  In theory once Toy Story Playland gets opened that will distract the kiddies enough to leave Crush to the gown ups!

I personally think Crush is too extreme for kids...

luke85

Quote from: "Magic M"Oh yes that is still VERY MUCH the case.  In theory once Toy Story Playland gets opened that will distract the kiddies enough to leave Crush to the gown ups!

I personally think Crush is too extreme for kids...

So do I, it was certainly much more extreme than I was expecting it to be!

Magic M

Apparently when it was first being named the ride was going to be called Crush's Turtle Twister which is essentially a much more descriptive name - giving people the idea that this thing will SPIN!!

But Turtle Twister doesn't translate a well into French...

bensmum

I got quite a shock on my first go, thought it was aimed at kids, how wrong was I :lol: I was a novice at theme parks, my first visit to one in over 25 years as I was always ill when i went on any rides. What a surprise, I was trying to get out the wrong side at the end. My 10 yr old son however took it all in his stride and came off shouting ..again,again  :D Yes i did go on again and I love it.

Martyn

Yeah the first drop is very exhilirating, especially if you're facing backwards to begin with, as you end up facing straight down that very steep, yet smooth, swooping drop. After that it is pretty tame to be honest, though I love the music and sound effects. Its becoming one of my favourite Disney coasters.