Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrossco

it was but we avoided that rea for most of 7 days now regret it!

I can even remember going up to RNRRC with NO que's near enough for the 5 days, all day now that was amazing!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "bigrossco"it was but we avoided that rea for most of 7 days now regret it!

I can even remember going up to RNRRC with NO que's near enough for the 5 days, all day now that was amazing!

To be honest, even if the queueing time for Crush and RnRC was the exact same lenght of time, I would still head to RnRC first. The ridiculous waiting time just reinforces it

disneyfreak90

buah that's hard!! when i was there last year in july i took a fastpass and we had to wait 30 minutes...

Tinkerbelle

The park is opening the gates at aproximately 9:30. On Saturday I bet most people queuing for entering the park was going to get on Crush first thing, because when they opened everyone started running in that direction it was crazy. Then when we finally got there (we're slow runners) we had a 30 minute wait already (added to the 30 minute wait until it was finally 10:00 and the ride opened) I think overall we hoped on the ride at 10:45 approx.
That's crazy, the park isn't officially open and the lines are already unacceptable :P
we got to ride only once in the whole trip and we were there for 6 days!!!!
The Studios should have EMH and be opened until 11PM in high season

Thomas_626

The queueing area definitely needs something outdoors, even hearing character conversations or something, ease the boredom.

I would say the ride is definitely worth the wait though.

CafeFantasia

Actually, I'll tell you what the queue needs, a longer music loop.

Seriously, the Imagineers are pretty dumb in designing a music loop for a queue that is shorter than the amount of time people will spend in that queue. Do the maths. The music loop for the Crush's Coaster queue should be at least an hour long, if not two hours long, because that's how long people spend in it.

It really reminds you just how long you've been queueing for, when the same audio keeps getting played again and again, going around in a never-ending mind-numbing loop.

luke85

Quote from: "Alan"Actually, I'll tell you what the queue needs, a longer music loop.

Seriously, the Imagineers are pretty dumb in designing a music loop for a queue that is shorter than the amount of time people will spend in that queue. Do the maths. The music loop for the Crush's Coaster queue should be at least an hour long, if not two hours long, because that's how long people spend in it.

It really reminds you just how long you've been queueing for, when the same audio keeps getting played again and again, going around in a never-ending mind-numbing loop.
You make such a good point! The spiel between Crush and Squirt is repeated so times, it drives me mad, and the longest I've queued has only been about 35 mins.

CafeFantasia

Actually, the most intelligent thing would be queue audio that adjust to match the length/speed of the queue. If the line is moving slowly, there is more variety in it. But if the line is moving quickly, perhaps it's ok to repeat the same thing again and again, because no-one will be standing in the same spot long enough to hear it.

Disney know how long the lines are for these attractions. They know what the wait times are. They know if the queue is flowing fast or slow. So they should use that information and feed it back into the audio system, so that it can dynamically adjust itself.

Willow

Personally, I find Crush's and Squirt's safety messages much more annoying than the queue loop.

smurfy74

QuotePersonally, I find Crush's and Squirt's safety messages much more annoying than the queue loop.

im glad it not only me that thought that - keep your fins inside the shell dudes  :D

charlied

120 minute wait last Monday 31st August (which isn't the summer season anymore according to Disney), what a waste of time!! I missed out on the tram tour, Animagique, Cars and Aladdin as a result.

andrewuk

We got in the queue at 9:40, on the ride at 10: 35, then there was a 120min queue whenever I looked at the board again on 26th August. It is a terrific ride, but I wouldn't want to lose 2hrs of my holiday for it. I don't think EMH would help at all, it would just stop any non-Disney hotel guest from having any hope of riding Crush without a 2hr wait.

I thought the queue was better than it was in 07, there seemed to be more plants (or maybe they'd just grown?) and the video was OK.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

giorgio1712

Returned yesterday, we were there from 31st to the 5th, and rode Crush about 5 times, ie. once a day. We queued properly twice and waited around 50 minutes each time. The other 3 times, we arrived at the studio gates at around 9.05, after taking the EMH in the main park. Waited for the gates to open at 9.30 and RAN for it. It is getting a bit silly when there are huge lines for the studios half an hour before they open. We were literally the first people on on 2 of the days and by the time we had finished the queue was about 2 hours, its INSANE!

However it is a very good ride, and it makes the queues for TOT and RNRC sooo small!

Disneydavid

Not everyone knows this , but you may enter a ride just 1 second for closing time Disney and the sequence will finish neatly. But, they do something tricky.

They will put the waitingline up to 60 minutes to scare people off!

So just go on the end ;)

David.

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Kristof

Merged Disneydavid's post with the official Crush's Coaster topic.