Cars Quatre Roues Rallye (Now Open!)

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Did you see the following image from the WDC Annual Report?

I guess this is the super-mega-deluxe Cars attraction that is rumoured for DCA...  I think there could be quite a bit of jealousy if that ever happens! :lol:

Soap

Looks great indeed  8)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

adamguy_6

Looks like its taking the technology from Epcot's Test Track - and looks like it could be similar to the final 'speed testings' from the forementioned?
Once Upon A Time...

Anthony

Quote from: "adamguy_6"Looks like its taking the technology from Epcot's Test Track - and looks like it could be similar to the final 'speed testings' from the forementioned?
Definitely - and it'll be nice for those guys over in California as an apology for the Rocket Rods fiasco.

Funny how many similarities there could be between WDS and DCA in the future though - Disney Animation, Tower of Terror, Hollywood Boulevard, and maybe: Soarin, a Cars attraction, Toy Story Mania, Mickey's Philharmagic, a nighttime spectacular (?).

I suppose apart from the budget not allowing WDS to get "Carsland", there's also the space issue - it'd never fit in the current Toon Studio area.  And also, there's the whole fact that Toon Studio is meant to provide more attractions for kids... so I'll try not to be too jealous.

The concept art seems to be done by the same person who did some of the WDS version...

Kristof

Quote from: "WDSfans.com"Disneyland Resort Paris has releases a couple of "making of photos" for the 15th Anniversary celebration, including a snapshot from Cars' character Luigi. He will be featured in front of the Casa della Tires as a photo opportunity for park guests.

Looks pretty big huh  :D

Source

The Butlin Boy

:o WOW, I'm sooooooo excitied :D

Anthony

Very cool. :) I just hope Luigi is being made so that he can withstand lots of guests climbing on him and so on, unlike those Nemo models.

Dlrpfan

woot!! he looks really cool
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Soap

Amazing, just amazing.... :shock:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Nala_84

That's so cute... I didn't now they'll also have Cars-"Characters" to take photos with... Yeehah, I'm so looking forward to it  :stitch_bounce:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

They will not be actual moving characters like Mater and Lightning at Disney-MGM Studios.  Luigi (and Guido) will be static props.

Nala_84

Hehe yeah, that's why I set "Characters" in "..." ;) I understood they'd not be able to move, but I didn't know that the US-park has got moving ones  :shock: That's unfair! ;)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"They will not be actual moving characters like Mater and Lightning at Disney-MGM Studios.  Luigi (and Guido) will be static props.

Thats a pity. I expected them to add Lightning McQueen and Mater, not just static props. But at least it seems quite proffesional. Good work so far.

Kristof

Mater & McQueen are supposed to stand along the race track encouring the guests.

Kristof

The control boot for the Cast Member operating the attraction has been installed:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/toon_construction