Cars Quatre Roues Rallye (Now Open!)

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Kris"Like Crush's Coaster, Cars: Race Rally now has graphics to help promote the attraction. It's a bit basic and a montage of the movie's poster images really, but I guess it does it's job for a FAIRLY minor attraction:

Minor for Disney, major for DLRP - they should have done much better than this.  Doesn't tell you anything about the attraction at all, just ruins the poster.  At least the Crush one makes it obvious the style of attraction.

I guess that big black space is for the logo?  That's a bit unimaginative!

So far, it looks like every ounce of creativity for the 15th is going towards Once Upon a Dream Parade...

Dlrpfan

QuoteI guess that big black space is for the logo?  That's a bit unimaginative!

yea they could have bought lightening foward more and then you wouldd be able to see the other characters from the move wich are only very tiny on the poster
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

THIS should have been their key visual.

Not only far better looking and more exciting, but tells you the setting and story of the attraction immeidately.  *Steals for dlrpmagic.com*  :lol:

Edit: Or THIS, or THIS,  THIS (with McQueen added).

I suppose we just have to hope that the key visuals will play a very minor role in the advertising.  The Buzz one was used quite a lot, but that was probably because it was well designed and could be used for lots of different things (from brochures to cardboard stands, t-shirts to park maps...).

Tron 2.0

Just like with the Crush's Coaster "key art", I'm going to say that the image posted above is not actual art for the attraction, but a photoshop job.

--Mark
3 ... 6 ... 9 ... Seconds Of Light ...

Anthony

Quote from: "Tron 2.0"Just like with the Crush's Coaster "key art", I'm going to say that the image posted above is not actual art for the attraction, but a photoshop job.
Oh yeah, of course it is.  DLRP have been using these for years to promote new attractions, shows, etc.  So when I judge the artwork, I'm juding their marketing ability, not the attraction!

Come to think of it, why don't they just release concept art for the attractions?  I think that'd build more excitement than a photoshopped movie poster...

Kris

LOL, I'm sorry to say, but I'm sure Ant can confirm, these visuals are actually from DLRP... although interestingly the larger quality versions are not available for download for some reason.  :roll:

Sorry if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick by defending how official these images are... I wouldn't have put it past DLRP to use Photoshop themselves sometimes  :?
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

Not sure where to post this, but I noticed if you add the logos onto the artworks they suddenly look much more "balanced" and almost like proper attraction posters:

I probably judged too soon... the Cars one is still a bit iffy, but I guess they'll do the job. :wink:

The Butlin Boy

That's much better :)

DisneyBud

I agree, 10x better

Dlrpfan

yup no more black spaces!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Not a great photo to show it, but I didn't know construction had progressed this far already:

Looks like the front of the queue line buildings is almost in place already... :D

The blueprints show you what shape the buildings will take: http://www.coasterforce.com/coasterphotos/tsmain2.jpg (AFAIK the Race Rally section of these plans is still a-ok)

Kristof

Interesting new details come from http://www.wdsfans.com:

Quote from: "WDSfans"One attraction already benefitting from the Toon Studio project is surely Flying Carpets Over Agrabah, since a quick flight through the Genie's film set gives the only clear view of the far side of the expansion land, where the queue buildings for Cars Race Rally have recently risen at racecar speed.

Taking their designs from various memorable Radiator Springs establishments, the buildings will also apparently be soaked in a plethora of neon lights as they lead through to the race area in the "canyon", 1 metre below ground level. The ride itself remains a series of concrete foundations, but the ride and its vehicles are confirmed to be under construction in Italy as we speak. The attraction will therefore be different to Francis' Lady Bug Boogie at Disney's California Adventure, which is currently experiencing some serious technical problems. In addition to featuring twice as many vehicles, Cars Race Rally will also apparently be twice as fast as the Californian attraction.

Though not featuring Lightning McQueen, Doc Hudson or any of the other key Cars characters, the vehicles will certainly feature everything to suggest they are from the Cars universe (such as eyes, mouths, and so on). The use of more "generic" vehicles is likely to ensure they are all equal, with no need for guests to fight over their favourite characters. This also allows Lightning McQueen and Mater to instead be featured at the side of the Race Rally, cheering on guests and "posing" for pictures. European characters Guido and Luigi will also be featured near the attraction, posing for pictures at a meet 'n' greet location outside their shop.

Kristof

Quotethe "canyon", 1 metre below ground level

I think this needs some more explanation.

WDS lacks a difference in height at the moment, so the Imagineers have opted for the actual ride platform to be one metre below ground level, forcing non-riding guests to look down to get a glimpse of the attraction.

Anthony

It's a brilliant brilliant decision.  I noticed a while ago that there seemed to be a level difference insinuated on the various concept art, so it's very very good to have this actually confirmed.  1 Metre isn't that much, but for WDS it's a big step forward.

Considering the actual "ride" section of Cars is so small, it's also cool to imagine just how much landscaping there will be!  In WDS terms, at least... :wink:

The Butlin Boy

A new poster for the attraction has been released:

I don't understand is why they've put it in english except for the attraction name which is in french :?