Half Term Hols!

Started by ford prefect, February 18, 2010, 05:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford prefect

So, visit number 27 arrived!  We had booked Davy Crocket for 2 nights and sante Fe for 1 night.  Four of us in total (myself, my wife Sarah and Jay and Niamh our children).

We drove straight to the park and played on Small world (looked great) and Flying Dumbo (needs a lick of paint!) and saw the parade.

The park actually looked very good, most effects were working and the presentation was great.  The construction fences in front of the castle were not that detrimental to the view and overall I was pleased to see the park in a pretty good state.

We drove to Davy Crockett and here is the best bit!

On arrival I went to check in (leaving Sarah and the kids in the car).  When I got to the counter the cast member took my details and disappeared for ages.  Just as I was beginning to think that there was a problem, he returned and asked me (in french) if I would like an upgrade to a suite in Hotel New York.  To say I was shocked was an understatement!  I had to ask him to repeat himself in english!!

We drove to Hotel New York in shock and disbelievingly presented ourselves at HNY reception.  We were given a key to the Long Island Suite (room 2230).

The room has a lovely view over Lake Disney and is huge.

Now the bad bit!  There wasn't enough beds so we had to phone down to reception.  The bed hadn't arrived by 6pm so we went to dinner and asked again at 7pm en route to dinner at Sequoia Lodge. I explained we would be back at 9pm.

We returned with 2 very tired childen at 9 ish.  The beds still weren't in place.  I phone again and spoke to a very helpful receptionist (as all the receptionists are) and she promised the beds would be with us within 30 mins.  We put the children in our bed and they went to sleep.  An hour later they still hadn't arrived.  

I phoned again and the same receptionist apologised profusely and assured me she had passed the instruction to house keeping.  Eventually the beds arrived with a housekeeper practically shouting into his radio, despite me asking in french to be quiet because of the children.  He set the beds and then announced he had forgotten th pillows.  He disappeared for another 15 mins!!

The next morning at 5am I went down to reception to ask for a tea basket which didn't arrive until 90mins later despite 2 phone calls.

When we returned from the parks that night we found that our beds had not been made.  Much the same happened, as we went out for dinner I asked for the third time for our beds to be made and complained to the same receptionist as before.  I said we would be back by 9pm and that I expected the room to be in order!

Now the good bit:  When we returned the room was beautiful, a dressing gown and slippers for each of us, a toiletries basket, a rose for my wife and a Winnie The Pooh plush for each of our children.

So, the HNY service has gone downhill, but when you remind them they do make up for it!

Tuesday Night was our last night and I had a Round Table Shareholders meeting to go to hosted by Phillippe Gas.  More about that later!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

smurfy74

OMG - you are so lucky - not so good about the bits they got wrong but they made an apologetic gesture. I loved it when we got a suite in the SL as an upgrade but from the DCR to the HNY wow. I hope you got some lovely pics to share  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

RnRCj

What a great start to the trip - I bet that put you on a high for the rest of it! Shame about the service problems, but I suppose it's not so much of a bother considering what an amazing upgrade it was. :lol:

I can't wait to hear about the shareholders meeting!

never2old

Whoa, what a brilliant upgrade!!

Kind of worrying though, the level of service you got staying at a NYH suite!! Glad they tried to make up for it at the end, but it must have been rather stressful...

Do you have pictures for us?

Looking forward to the rest!!

davewasbaloo

Great upgrade (so long as you weren't planning on using the kitchen). But yes, it is sign of what we encountered at the HNY last time we stayed. The service used to be impeccable there, now not so much. Were you able to make use of the Empire Club as you were in a suite?
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Great start for your trip report.

That's really nice that you got un upgrade, despite the bad guest service, but I think that's normal at DLRP at the moment.

I had the same impression about the parks and attractions. I can't remember seeing the parks and attractions in such a good condition. At least there they are improving.

ford prefect

Quote from: "never2old"Whoa, what a brilliant upgrade!!

Kind of worrying though, the level of service you got staying at a NYH suite!! Glad they tried to make up for it at the end, but it must have been rather stressful...

Do you have pictures for us?

Looking forward to the rest!!

Stressful is a bit too strong!  It was irritating but not the end of the world!

I would post pictures but I have no idea how to do it!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

HildeKitten

That's so awesome that you got such a fabulous upgrade!

And it's good that housekeeping did their best to make up for being rubbish at first!