Trip report and photos: DLP Saturday the 13th of February

Started by HildeKitten, February 20, 2010, 03:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HildeKitten

Hello everyone

My bf and I went to DLP for a day last Saturday (the 13th) and whilst it was super cold and crowded we had a lovely time :)

I wrote a trip report a few days ago (before I joined this forum actually) and posted it on my blog.  
you can read it here

Sorry for the link, but I fear I the coding from my blog isn't conform with the forum one and I don't want it to appear with a bunch of little boxes with red x's in them.

If you just want to look at the photos and videos, you can find those here on my flickr page

My favorite moment from the trip (other than meeting up with our friends Dan and Jon there) was no doubt my bf Bert getting mobbed by Alice and the Mad Hatter into posing with them, that was brilliant :)
It was super funny.
They had seen him take my picture with them, and decided to come after him!
The Mad Hatter suddenly poked him when we had walked a few yards away from them going:
"Excuse me sir, you are scaring Alice, you are far too big!"
And then Alice came running up too going "you're soooo big, you've eaten too many mushrooms!"
Bert thought it was all pretty funny and I said I'd take their picture if they wanted and he got mobbed into posing with them, by them, before he got a chance to protest and get out of having his picture taken.
Bert seems to only ever pose with characters if he ends up being ganged into it by the characters haha :)

Annet

Great report and pictures!
And that little meet 'n greet with Alice and the Mad Hatter sounds really funny!

tubbsy

Loved your report.
Know what you mean about people pushing in. I can tell you many an incident of kids pushing in-in Cafe Mickey, waiting for shows, after we had queued to see characters and I have two kids who I have taught to wait patiently! So annoying!
I love Bert on the teacups-so funny!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

HildeKitten

Quote from: "tubbsy"Loved your report.
Know what you mean about people pushing in. I can tell you many an incident of kids pushing in-in Cafe Mickey, waiting for shows, after we had queued to see characters and I have two kids who I have taught to wait patiently! So annoying!
I love Bert on the teacups-so funny!

Well I applaud you for raising your children to behave better!
I wish more parents would follow your example!

HildeKitten

Quote from: "Annet"Great report and pictures!
And that little meet 'n greet with Alice and the Mad Hatter sounds really funny!

I'm glad you like them ^^

pink_danio

love your trip report, lots of great photos too.
75 minutes for crush is mad!!! Must have been really busy.,
Annoying too about the disability pass, i was hoping to get one for my 5 yr old but it might not help too much?
The photo of your boyfriend with the mad hatter and alice is great!!!

HildeKitten

Thanks, I'm glad you liked them :)

And yeah, it was really busy, I hadn't expected it to be this busy actually.  But we had a good time and that's what counts ^^

I'd give getting a pass a go, it'll cut some queus seriously down so it's definitely worth it if you need it!