Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village (Now Open!)

Started by MagicKenny, December 11, 2009, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JelleP

Earl of Sandwich - Opening Spring 2011
[youtube:kdm68mfv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyy5--QjKww[/youtube:kdm68mfv]
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Festival Disney

Finally, some new pictures. The Foundations appear to be going well, we should see some proper construction work soon!  :)

Source: http://www.disneygazette.fr/noel-disney ... s-450.html
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Martyn

Is it just me, or this taking a very long time?

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Martyn"Is it just me, or this taking a very long time?

They are indeed taking their time over it... so quintessentially French  :lol:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Adam

Forgot about this - they are taking rather a while!

pussinboots

They're trying to build someplace that has been underwater for far longer than that it has been called "Lake Disney." These things take a while. It's not like setting up a tent.

dagobert

At least there is some progress and it needs some time to dry the construction site.

MAybe it was already asked, but I don't want to browse the whole topic. Will the EoS restaurant be a franchise like Rainforest Cafe and run by Groupe Flo or ED SCA, or will it be run by the company behind EoS?

Martyn

Quote from: "pussinboots"They're trying to build someplace that has been underwater for far longer than that it has been called "Lake Disney." These things take a while. It's not like setting up a tent.

Considering the construction walls went up in some time in May, which is 6 months ago now, I'd say this is taking a very long time.

Festival Disney

Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

dagobert

Thanks for the pictures!

The space behind the Rainforest Cafe and EoS seems perfect for a restaurant on a ship, like Fulton's Crab House at Downtown Disney at WDW. It would add some nice touches to DV.

Festival Disney

Hmm, the main thing that bug's me about the village is how dirty & grimey it looks... just look at the floor!
I wish they'd have kept the original floor...
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Anthony

Quote from: "dagobert"The space behind the Rainforest Cafe and EoS seems perfect for a restaurant on a ship, like Fulton's Crab House at Downtown Disney at WDW. It would add some nice touches to DV.
That is a fantastic idea! The curved pier/decking there (what was that ever built for?) could be removed and you'd have plenty of space. It's a shame at the moment to have that curved area facing towards the backside of Rainforest Café.

RichardvG

Quote from: "Festival Disney"Hmm, the main thing that bug's me about the village is how dirty & grimey it looks... just look at the floor!
I wish they'd have kept the original floor...

Wow, that's an old picture! No Planet Hollywood yet and as far as I remember was the current floor there already when I first visited, april 1996.

dagobert

DV looked so beautiful back in the 90ies. It's a shame what it looks like today. Hopefully it gets remodeled in the future.

ed-uk

It wasn't that beautiful, it looked quite cold and metallic to me. It was called Festival Disney back then, but it didn't have a festival atmosphere. infact it was slow and quiet when I saw it. DV is better.
Ed & David