Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village (Now Open!)

Started by MagicKenny, December 11, 2009, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festival Disney

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "ZINDERELLA"But how long will that flippin' bridge be closed for!!!!! I'm all for new things at DLP but
I had hoped that you would at least be able to walk round the back past mc `donalds to get to the NPB....we've got a long ( and cold) walk ahead of us at Christmas when we go!!!!

I think that is still possible. If I'm not mistaken Disney just closed the bridge for construction. You have to turn right at the Steakhouse towards McDonalds and pass the DV Dome and then follow the walkway along the lake to the hotel.

I'm sorry, you are right it is not possible. According to the pictures above it is not possible to take that way.

I think that the fences have gates on them, so when their not using that particular bit of walkway for construction vehicles, you can still walk to the Newport Bay Club. I think anyway  :lol:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Adam

A nice bit of progress. Assuming the construction is timber frame/metalwork, it shouldn't be too long before a structure is up - structure up and ready to fit out internally before the end of Feb perhaps, with an opening in May?

Hathaway Browne

Blimey, its seems smaller than I expected. Then again, isn't it going to have a second floor?
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

Anthony

It will have a kind of mezzanine level for half its length and then the outside terrace at the back overlooking the lagoon. There will also be a reserved area out the front for seating.

Definitely bigger than Starbucks, slightly smaller than McDonald's.

paterdave2

Well starbucks is more to get a cup of coffee and take it with you so it would make sence taht that is smaller. Both the MC and Earl are eateries were you can get a complete meal so I think that is the diffrence for the size choise.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

dagobert

Will EoS have two entrances. One on the ground level on the right side of the picture and one one the firslt level on the left side of the picture. I think it would make sense.

Martyn

^ That looks more like a lower deck (outside seating) rather than another entrance.

However, I cant quite see how that'll work. That artist image shows the bridge ending right at the front, yet in real life, the bridge ends around the middle.

Unless they are going to dig up that area around it?

dagobert

You are right. I looks like an outside seating terrace. But it would be convinient if the bridge would be connected to the restaurant.

Festival Disney

The back wall has gone up! Hiding one side of Ghery's once rather elegent "Key west Seafood/Hurricanes Disco"  turned Rainforest Caff building forever  :-"

Source: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... htm#821391
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Martyn

Anyone else thinking about whether this is actually going to be popular or not? I had doubts with Starbucks at first, but that grew on me, and it now feels like its filled a gap in the village, but I can see the Earl doing the same.

torillien

it's looking good and was well on the way earlier on in the week when I was there .. I am looking forward to sampling it when I go back in June ..
Self confessed Eeyore nut, IT Geek, IBM Champion, and Disney addict
WDW - Feb 2013 - Pirates at the Caribbean Beach

DLP - March 2012 - Disneyland Hotel, WDW - January 2012 - Swan Restort, DLP - June 2011 - Sequoia Lodge, WDW - January 2011 - Dolphin, DLP - November 2010 - Sequoia Lodge

dagobert

Quote from: "Martyn"Anyone else thinking about whether this is actually going to be popular or not? I had doubts with Starbucks at first, but that grew on me, and it now feels like its filled a gap in the village, but I can see the Earl doing the same.

Starbucks definateyl filled a gap. It's the only place at DLRP where you can get a real cup of coffee instead of the Nescafe products. We have been there every day. I also like the design of the coffee house.

If the sandwiches will not be too expensive, I'm sure EoS will also be popular. Disney's food isn't the best and McDonalds is even worse. I can't wait to see it open.

pussinboots

I would argue that Disney's version of fast food is even worse than McDonald's. The only good thing about it is that it might contain less monosodium glutamate, artificial flavorings and all that sort of business that makes McDonald's food look, taste and smell the way it does.

I really hope Earl of Sandwich's fare is a little less artificial in nature. Some cheap but real food — now there's a gap at the resort.

Anthony

Judging by the current menu it should fit that perfectly: http://www.earlofsandwichusa.com/food/sandwich/

Hot sandwiches, wraps, salads, soups. And get this - over in the US it's $5.99 a sandwich. Now I doubt they'll charge the equivalent €4.50 over here, but even if they just swapped the symbol and made it €6.00 that's equal to DLP's own, probably inferior, and cold sandwiches. Wouldn't it be a kick up the backside if Earl managed to make great, interesting sandwiches for €5.99?

I think it'll be a huge hit.

We were talking a while ago about what the opening would mean for New York Style Sandwiches. They currently serve paninis and things for around €7.90. I think we presumed it might just close or be replaced, but then again couldn't it be made into a little New York pizza place? There are already pizza slices on the menu and there's a takeaway pizza window just opposite (where they used to have Kebabs) that always has a long queue in the evenings. Just a thought.

Martyn

Yes whilst it may compete with the park's food, would it really be able to survive on just the dinner time rush? As I cant see people choosing this over McDonalds for a quick evening meal.