Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village (Now Open!)

Started by MagicKenny, December 11, 2009, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

^ Hideous? Its the only part of the Village thats properly themed!

MattyD24

what i meant by hideous, is that you have a nice bit of themeing around the building, but then there's the large grey pannels of the building which stick out above it

Disneyland Paris
Disney\'s Hotel Santa Fe 1996, 1999, 2005
Davy Crockett Ranch 2011?

Walt Disney World Resort Florida
Off-Site 2002, 2008

Anthony

The big white box where Hurricanes used to be? Yeah, that's not pretty from across the lake.

I'm not a huge fan of the giant beige tiles they appear to be using on the back of Earl of Sandwich either:

Doesn't that wall at the back stick out quite a bit? Do they plan to extend or double the height of the Rainforest/Hurricanes building to meet up with it or something?

pussinboots

I quite like the "beige tiles" with the silver pattern. Much better than the white latex paint that's seemingly supposed to make the other big boxy buildings "invisible." If you're going to have big blank wall, you might as well make it look nice.

Although I don't understand the physics of it all either — I'm guessing that they do have plans for the Rainforest Cafe building, but decided not to include them in the concept art. Otherwise there's going to be a very odd spot in between the two. Which is what you were getting at, of course, Anthony.

Riebi

I think an update of the rainforest café should be a must. It would look really old next to the shiny new walls of earl of sandwich. The colors of the stone facade of rainforest café and the beige tiles could work very well together. So just let hope that they make something over there.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

MattyD24

Thankyou Anthony...  :)

that was the bit i was on about, Hurricanes Nightclub...

Disneyland Paris

Off-Site 2002, 2008

Anthony

Quote from: "Riebi"I think an update of the rainforest café should be a must. It would look really old next to the shiny new walls of earl of sandwich. The colors of the stone facade of rainforest café and the beige tiles could work very well together.
Oh that's a good point. And I shouldn't assume beige, they're probably some expensive limestone.

Unless I've missed something, there's been no news on Hurricanes. So is it better to have it sitting empty?

MattyD24

i've never eaten at the Rainforest in Disney Village, but i have done at Downtown Disney in Orlando, and the inside of the restaurant there is wonderfully themed, the themeing even carries onto the outside  :thumbs:

the picture below showing the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney Orlando

now the Rainforest Cafe in Disney Village, i love the rockwork on the outside, but the big white part on top which was once occupied by Hurricanes, is the part the really bugs me, as it just makes the attractive part of Rainforest look strange.

Disneyland Paris

Off-Site 2002, 2008

Anthony

A great photo of this corner from the past:

(C) J. Drewett

The white walls looked a lot better when they stretched down to the water and had those giant windows in them.

Quote from: "MattyD24"ow the Rainforest Cafe in Disney Village, i love the rockwork on the outside, but the big white part on top which was once occupied by Hurricanes, is the part the really bugs me, as it just makes the attractive part of Rainforest look strange.
It doesn't help that the rockwork looks so dirty these days. There's no colour to it at all.

What might look good is if the building decoration was split horizontally rather than vertically, so that the Rainforest theme covered this whole side and whatever replaces Hurricanes gets to theme the full height of the other half, where the old staircase is. Make it look like two side-by-side units rather than top and bottom, which is a bit weird for themeing.

Although that depends if Paris still wants architecture like the Downtown Disney restaurants in Disney Village, especially overlooking the lake and hotels. They seem to prefer things more restrained at the moment.

Martyn

Yes Rainforest Cafe definitely needs an overhaul outside. It would be great for them to extend upstairs! Then they could make it look like the Orlando restaurant!lol

phantom247

Why is everybody getting so et up about the small area that seperates Earl of Sandwich with the rainforest all you need to do is paint that corner in a dark colour and place a large tree in front of it.

disney-dan

Quote from: "MattyD24"i've never eaten at the Rainforest in Disney Village, but i have done at Downtown Disney in Orlando, and the inside of the restaurant there is wonderfully themed, the themeing even carries onto the outside  :thumbs:

now the Rainforest Cafe in Disney Village, i love the rockwork on the outside, but the big white part on top which was once occupied by Hurricanes, is the part the really bugs me, as it just makes the attractive part of Rainforest look strange.

That's not the RFC at Downtown Disney Marketplace. For a start it's not 2 floors, and its not got a temple like that, it's a volcano.
Have a Magical day!!

DD

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "MattyD24"i've never eaten at the Rainforest in Disney Village, but i have done at Downtown Disney in Orlando, and the inside of the restaurant there is wonderfully themed, the themeing even carries onto the outside  :thumbs:

That isn't the one in Orlando, this is the one at DTD in Disneyland California. The one at WDW's DTD is a volcano. And the one at DAK has waterfalls. Yes, I have always felt our one at DLP is underwhelming in comparison.
since 2001 (many before that)

MattyD24

sorry about that being the wrong image guys, just before i had got that one i did a google image search for the one from Downtown Disney Orlando, and that was the image i came up with...
(smacks himself round the head)

found the proper image i should have used

Disneyland Paris

Off-Site 2002, 2008

Donald-Duck-Malta

Earl Of Sandwich update by Disneygazette,
'Now to the Disney Village, where the Earl of Sandwich is currently building its "location",new dams were installed to complete the foundations.'

Enjoy :twisted: