Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village (Now Open!)

Started by MagicKenny, December 11, 2009, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loladelorean

Quote from: "Martyn"I would imagine its just the bridge thats closed. I see no reason for them to block off the pathway by McDonalds.

Things aren't going very quickly with this.....! (I'm going miss not being able to see that side of the Rainforest Cafe from the Sequoia Lodge!)

I have heard on another forum that the route from Newport Bay to the village is closed until next year due to this construction work, and you have to walk down the other side of the lake past the Sequoia Lodge?
Does anyone know if this is true?
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

15MagicalYears

When we were there we had to walk the long way around the lake but on our last day the path was opened up, but I believe this was to provide access to the events arena as there was a gaming tournament or something on that day :).

loladelorean

I phoned Disney this morning, they were unable to confirm if the pathway would be blocked during our stay in November....however, I found out that HNY was only an extra £20 for our 5 night stay (it was loads more when we originally booked) so we have upgraded! Whether the path is blocked or not, im over the moon to be returning to HNY :D
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Mr_B

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up on the price changes at HNY - I've just called and ammended our booking to the HNY from
NPB. Yippee HNY here we come again  :D

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

loladelorean

Quote from: "Mr_B"Hi,

Thanks for the heads up on the price changes at HNY - I've just called and ammended our booking to the HNY from
NPB. Yippee HNY here we come again  :D

Mr_B

Woohoo so we are both very happy people today!!! I couldn't believe it was so cheap, because the 40% offer wasnt available when we initially booked. I'm in such a good mood today knowing im going back there.
Disney Visits

Adam

From the Twitter feed, the foundations being laid for Earl of Sandwich:

Columbiad

Who's the dapper gentleman in the wig? The "Earl"?

luke85

Quote from: "Columbiad"Who's the dapper gentleman in the wig? The "Earl"?
I was wondering that too! Can't wait to see some more progress of both the Disney Village projects over the coming months :D

Adam

The guy on the left is the Earl really! John Montagu, the 11th Earl of Sandwich. However, as you say, the chap on the right must be the "Earl of Sandwich" - perhaps they will use him when it opens as a regular character?

littlemermaid83

The guy in the fancy costume looked like hes come straight from Cinderella the pantomine LOL.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

electricdreams

Whos the guy with big black ears
2002/07 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2003/06 - Walt Disney World Resort Florida
2008/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/09 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2012/12 - Disneyland Resort Paris

Anthony

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"The guy in the fancy costume looked like hes come straight from Cinderella the pantomine LOL.
...Or The Christmas Parade circa 2006, with a few changes!

:-)

Martyn

So is this going to be adjoined to the Rainforest Cafe building? Or stand on its own?

Anthony

You can see the plans here:

It'll be built right up against Rainforest Cafe. Adjoined as such, I'm not sure.

Columbiad

Its a shame the Rainforest Cafe building juts out like that into the path - to people who arent heading to the NY Hotel, the Village ends right there, what with Cafe Mickey round the corner and Earl of Sandwaich round the corner, out of view.