Thierry Marx reinvents outdoor vending treats

Started by Anthony, October 17, 2009, 10:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

from DLRP Today.com...

Thierry Marx reinvents outdoor vending treats

Every country has its celebrity chefs. In a coup for Disneyland Paris, France's Thierry Marx, a connoisseur of so-called "molecular gastronomy" is set to reinvent three of the parks' sweet street favourites for the Christmas season.

Thierry's new Toffee Apple, Pomme d'Amour, tries to address the usual too-hard-to-bite snack by mashing and pulping the apple and then coating it in a lighter sugar, making it a little healthier.

The new Popcorn treats are caramelised using various techniques and then coated in a tasty layer of chocolate, resulting in an extra-large clump of chewy, chocolately goodness.

Finally, the humble Cookie has been reinvented with a softer, chewier bite than a regular biscuit thanks to extra cream and rich dough, all dipped in cookie crumbs.

The three special snacks exclusive to Disneyland Paris are presented on sticks as special tasters and will be available alongside the regular versions, as a seasonal special, during the Christmas events at Disneyland Park from 8th November 2009 to 5th January 2010. No specific locations have been stated.

And the price? An online article published just in advance of the press release states... €7. Seven Euros! For one stick? For two or three? It's not clear.

Read More...

Javey74

Love the ideas, I would certainly like to try them..  :wink:  :D

But I'm certainly not sure of the price..  :roll:  I suppose only time will tell..  :)

smurfy74

Well they look scrummy and I for sure am going to give these a try when I go in 3 weeks time. To me the cookie is going to be the one to try. The popcorn isnt exciting and the toffee apple is a possibility as I have weak teeth so I have to steer clear from things like toffee apples normally.

dagobert

The cookie looks very delicious. Hopefully DLRP will keep them not only for Christmas. Although if one stick costs 7€, which is a little bit expensive, I want to try the cookie, but unfortunately I can't come to DLRP during christmas season.

countingstars

=D>  =D>
love the idea!
can't wait to get some of these during my next trip!

littlemermaid83

The cookie looks very yummy, i for one will part with 7 euros to taste one.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

countingstars

i can't take off of my head those popcorn.  :|

Anthony

Some more photos for your delectation: http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/11/10/thi ... et-treats/

luke85

Those smaller, easier to eat toffee apples look great! Hopefully there's a smaller chance of breaking your teeth!

Anthony

Sounds like they're chewy inside too? If I'm translating their press release correct. They've only added this news to the French site, but it's interesting for most people, something different for the Christmas markets, isn't it? Having said that, UK press website doesn't ever appear to have anyone working on it...

I like this line in their mini interview: "I want to make the dream. Everyone can share a real culinary experience with this outdoor vending "street food", even if it is not obvious today."

He's basically saying quick service food at DLP is a bit rubbish!

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"He's basically saying quick service food at DLP is a bit rubbish!

Well, those crepes...

smurfy74

were just back and we had the cookie one, they were nice but not worth the money and not that special, has anyone else had one yet?

Anthony

How many did you get for €7, just the one? And is that the same for all three of them (the toffee apple ones look too small for that price, for example)?

smurfy74

we got one for €7 so we spent €21 on three cookie things - and yes they are tiny - i would say the cookie was the same size as a babybel cheese

pussinboots

Goodness, that is expensive, even for high-end snacks! You could go to Ladurée and get a whole batch of macarons in a fancy box for that.

Do they advertise them as being made by Thierry Marx in the parks?