Red Car Trolley for WDS?

Started by CafeFantasia, April 19, 2010, 06:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

Have you all seen the Red Car Trolley transportation system that they're adding to Disney's California Adventure?

I can't help but think, wouldn't it be cool if this attraction came to the Walt Disney Studios park? It would certainly break up the large expanses of tarmac, and contribute immensely to the sense of place (1930s/1940s Hollywood).

The track could start off in the Front Lot, go straight through Studio 1, circle around the Partners studio, head off to the stage in the middle of Production Courtyard and do a full circle around it, heading back again.

disneyrules

I think this would be a great idea for the studios alan.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

norhel

Must say that I also like the idea :-)
WDS does absolutely needs something like that,
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

dagobert

It would really be great to see the Red Car Trolley at WDS.

In my opinion the tram should start at the Disney Bros. Plaza and it should run through an expanded Hollywood Blvd. I think there is not enough space in the Studio 1 and in Front Lot for the tram and the walking people.

luke85

Something like this would be so special in WDS, it would give the park so much atmosphere. I would love it!

CafeFantasia

It would be nice to see these construction walls going up in Paris, wouldn't it? :-)

Columbiad

Perhaps if the Studio Tram Tour was scrapped during the construction of a new lake, the trams could be given a supremo makeover? It would save the need for rails, but I suppose it does take out some of the character of the attraction

pussinboots

I love the idea, and I'm sure we all thought the same thing the moment we learned about this project. Unfortunately, as Dagobert said, there is simply not enough space in the current hub. But when they finally move the Tram Tour entrance, dig a tunnel or build a bridge for it and expand Hollywood Boulevard... Then it would be really great.

I do like the idea of a streetcar going through Studio 1, though, and it made me realize how nice it would be if Studio 1 had a more open entrance rather than the department store-style doors there are now. Bring it on...

alka1

yeah, the walls for the Red Car Trolley tracks came down this week. It would be nice to see some trolleys at WDS to enhance the Hollywood theme

lil-shawn

yes it would be nice if they would add it to the studios, exactly how i was writing about it
in my WDS makeover project...

//http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6806&start=20