Thierry Marx reinvents outdoor vending treats

Started by Anthony, October 17, 2009, 10:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfy74

no they dont they were just there in Belles village, with a small price tag, i was dissapointed to  say the least  :(

Anthony

Yes, in truth I'd almost expect him to be stood there in the stall making it and handing it over to you for that price... €5 should probably have been the upper limit.

It'll be interesting to see if they actually sell. Smurfy74, were many other people buying them?

ightenhill

That does seem ridiculously priced, is there not even a muti buy option. To be fair would a Foreign guest outside of france have even heard of the chef, I could imagine some chefs carrying a  premium that I would pay but I have never even heard of this guy.
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

smurfy74

There werent any multi buys and no one else bought them when we were there but in fairness there werent any toffee apple ones left so some one must have done but 3 for €21 with the current exchange rate was a lot so we wont be buying any next week when we return.

ICHAPMAN

I had one of the cookies on a stick for €7 last week.    

Not sure why they put it on a stick as almost the first thing it tried to on biting into it was fall off.    Luckly I caught it.

As for it's size - I'd wouldn't have said the one I had was small - much bigger than a Babybel.   It was a fair size for a cookie - think Doughnut size.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

So there is no sign, no label or badge, no info on the price tag whatsoever that these snacks are in any way special (aside from the "special" price) ??

I also did not know Thierry Marx, but if somewhere were written "Designed by famous chef Thierry Marx" or something like that, I would understand that something must be special about these treats, even if I don't know the man himself. And maybe I would get curious and try one. And for sure I would see more sense in the exorbitant price.

ightenhill

Just looked him up, sounds a like a French version of Heston Blumenthal.. I wonder who came first , there really isn't room for two chefs doing this type of stuff without one being called a food plagarist. They both have the same number of Michelin Stars.
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

ICHAPMAN

Hi All,

I realise these were originally promoted/intended for the 2009 Christmas season, but is there any chance that these products are still available?.

Thanks

Iain

smurfy74

dont think so but there are new buzz lightyear eclairs

if you are a fan of disneyland paris on facebook the have the story

heres a link to the pics

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 870&ref=mf

tubbsy

Just saw these. I can see my 7 year old wanting one, picking off the Buzz topping and leaving the pastry! :lol:

I'm wondering if they will market them more with Christophe Michalaks name appearing on the menus as they are being sold in restaurants as a dessert rather than as a snack

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club