Unwanted vendors on the Resort Hub

Started by Joseph Carter, April 26, 2009, 04:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

This may be sound silly buy does anybody know why Disney doesn't own this area? And if there is a possiblity of them owning it?  :?

CentralPlazaPerson

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"It is always so tempting to see how far I could boot one of those things :lol: Every time they stray off into the path in front of me, temptation starts nagging away at the back of my mind :P
YOU MADE ME LAUGH BIG TIME I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  =D>  =D>  =D>

CentralPlazaPerson

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"This may be sound silly buy does anybody know why Disney doesn't own this area? And if there is a possiblity of them owning it?  :?
It is not like the Disney Parks, anyone can go to that area but then you need to pay to enter the park (park ticket)

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"This may be sound silly buy does anybody know why Disney doesn't own this area? And if there is a possiblity of them owning it?  :?

[i might be wrong here] Technically they do own the land, as they own val d'europe land but the contract with the french government restricts them doing certain things, I am guessing because its a train station a certain area outside of the train station has to be owned by the law?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Willow

That patch of land is part of the train station, I believe.
Thats why the Army (Or Police?) patrol that area but do not actually go right up to the park entrances.

Its public land so Disney cannot move them on.

Magicalmouse125

Last time i was there, it was swarming with police on horse back which i thought was really strange. This was December 08 anyone know why they may have been there?????
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

15yearsofMagic2008

Off topic XD

I live in Liverpool , and you always see people trying to seel things , and they say , in a pakistan accent , 'Buy this please' and my dad goes 'No thanks' and i always think 'Why are they selling things if their not sucessful?

Anyways , back on topic XD

The only reason people try to sell things in DLP is because it's a tourist attraction with over 1.4 million people coming over , so they are bound to think they will get some money .

What do you's think?
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

npg

I usually use the universal language that everyone seems to understand. Seems to do the trick. :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"The only reason people try to sell things in DLP is because it's a tourist attraction with over 1.4 million people coming over , so they are bound to think they will get some money .

What do you's think?
I think that more than 1.4 million people visit Disneyland.

burntsienna

It's quite embarrassing for me to say so...but I was coming back from the park on one evening, in the mad rush towards the buses to get back to the hotel and I fell over one of those stupid little dog things.  :lol:  8)
So I for one wish they'd clear off. They make me feel quite awkward, its like I don't want to have direct eye contact with them at any point because then they rush over trying to sell you things, that you just simply don't want to buy because if you did...you'd have gone over there and asked for something.
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

CafeFantasia

QuoteI think that more than 1.4 million people visit Disneyland.

Yeah, isn't it 10.6 million people visiting Disneyland Park each year, and about 2.2 million for the Walt Disney Studios?

It's funny because, as weak/undeveloped as the Walt Disney Studios park is, it still beats Phantasialand, Parc Asterix, Thorpe Park and Futuroscope in attendance. Disney must be proud of that :-)

And yeah, all those guys selling flashing Eiffel Towers disturb me too. The best thing is just to walk far away from them, and pretend they don't exist.

SM:M3

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"Well there's still plenty of people trying to sell the odd thing or two.......like silly little barking dogs etc :|  

It is always so tempting to see how far I could boot one of those things :lol: Every time they stray off into the path in front of me, temptation starts nagging away at the back of my mind :P

Oh hell yeah, I get so tempted. But for me these people are just trying to get some money to make a living, like buskers on the Tube, just annoying background sounds.

tubbsy

It does cross my mind why are they there? They must need the money, and I am sure others not so strong willed must feel the same and buy the rubbish
I will control myself the next time I go and not boot any into space..... tempting as it is!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

tianasdream

they had loads of these at night on our last trip, really tacky things. I hope disney can do something to stop them as its really annoying after a long day and being hounded every few steps to buy some junk. Ive never seen anyone buy anything from them