Pin Trading: Share Your Trades!

Started by Masamune, October 04, 2009, 10:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Thanks for posting the pictures claire, don't worry I am sure they are fine :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

I'm just really worried as it is my first trade where it is not face to face, I just want to be honest with you all so you know what you are trading for, and so everyone is happy  :stitch:
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Welsheeyore

hi all
I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself
I am brand new to pins and trading/collecting - I got a starter kit and have bought a few off ebay the last few days to get going - I will be buying every time I am near a store and looking forward to the cast members trading instore - and we are booked for DLP for October next year and sooooo excited
xx
:D

planned trips - Summer 2011 - DLP
                   October 2013 - WDW

Aveen2008

Claire: aw no worries :D  Thanks!

Welsheeyore: Hi, welcome to the Forum! I am sure you will enjoy pin trading! do you have any fav characters?
Luv Aveen xoxo

Welsheeyore

I am of course Eeyore mad - completely - but I am also keen to collect tinkerbell and Mickey - I am not into the Princesses so much though
x

October 2013 - WDW

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Welsheeyore"I am of course Eeyore mad - completely - but I am also keen to collect tinkerbell and Mickey - I am not into the Princesses so much though
x

duh me, you would think with your name I would have caught on to that hehe!!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Dorsetcandy

Hiya WelshEeyore i have only been collecting/trading since end May/June so fairly new too :)

Hiya Claire sounds like you had fab time in DLRP me and Colin are already buying xtra le pins for when we go nxt June altho we will be with our 2and 3yr old and if trading was as mental as u said bit wary now...there again we don't have to wear lanyards all time so sure we will b fine  :)

Stitch2814

hey clarebelle I will look at your wants list on pinpics to see if I have any there or can get any of them for you. Im hoping to have some traders in the next two weeks so will post them here when or if I do. If not how much would the pin cost to buy???

Masamune

:) All updated with Clare's info.

Now that it's definatly going ahead, I may as well reveal my latest online trade. I decided to use "Trade Assistant" on PinPics for the first time ever. What I did was click the link that says "What could I get for trading this pin?". The pin I used was the Grape Soda pin. :o When I clicked that link, it brought up all the pins on my Want list that were on the Trade lists of people who had the Grape pin on their own Want lists.

Next to all the links were tick boxes, allowing me to tick all my most favorite pins before basically sending out a mass trade request. I didn't think I would get any responses...but I was wrong. :shock: I got over 15 e-mails back from people who were willing to give me pins that I badly wanted, all in exchange for the Grape pin. I ended up responding to everyone, even though I could only accept one offer.

In the end, the best offer was from a really lovely lady who offered me a choice of THREE pins out of five that she was willing to trade. Their numbers are 64158, 64161 and 73664. :o 64158 is actually on my Top 20 Holy Grails list, and the other two would certainly be in the Top 30.

:D I'm so happy. She's posted them today (from America) and has even been kind enough to scan up the reciept as proof of postage. I'll be posting out her Grape pin tomorrow. Hopefully we'll both get our pins soon!

Aveen2008

aw wow they are great trades lindsay, i love the scar one!! :D  how many spare grape sodas do you have? I sold my spare on ebay for £40!!!! :o  I started it at the price of £7 and couldn't believe the ending price!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

I really really wish that I had picked up a spare soda pin as I would be on trade assitant so fast after your experience lindsay :)

And hey there welsheeyore to the forum and hope to see you stick around for the long haul  :D/  always nice to get more traders here.

And Ive only been collecting them about just over a month now and Im totally hooked on stitch and UP pins lol

Welsheeyore

Hi all

my first pin from ebay came today and i was sooooo excited!! it was a Tinkerbell stars and stripes one  -  cant wait for the rest to come.

hi stitch and thanks for the welcome its nice to know im not the only person new to it - i felt like everyone else must have been doing it for years! i love UP too and want some UP pins - daughter has one somewhere im trying to pinch  :mrgreen:  

i want to get my first LE that is my next goal i think - does anyone know the best place to look at near enough all the pins so that you know the numbers of the ones you want - i noted some people have a list of the ones they want most sort of thing

thanks
x

October 2013 - WDW

Masamune

@ Aveen - :) I have 1 spare left, which is definatly being saved until January's DLRP trip, just incase there's a Pin Trading Night when I'm there. I've been tempted to sell my spares, but I'd much rather trade them.

@ Danny - :lol: I'm kicking myself for not picking up more than just 2 spares.

@ Welsheeyore - www.pinpics.com is the site we use to look up pins. If you made an account there you can keep track of all your pins, as well as the ones you're wanting! :D

Stitch2814

which UP pin is it welsheeyore?? I might have it spare as I have one to trade?? Its the one newest one with carl, russell, dug and kevin on it and its the disney store UK core pin so I have that one to trade if you need it (so you dont hae to pinch it hahaha)

Welsheeyore

ooooo yes it is that one she had that i cant find just the store one - not sure what i have you would want yet though?

thanks
x

October 2013 - WDW