Last Chance Café terrace/extension

Started by Anthony, September 02, 2009, 03:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

Thanks for posting your photos, I was interested to see them. Yes, they do look the same and balance each other. I thought the covered seating was a good idea anyway and your photos show this. I would imagine the Last Chance Cafe is a nice place to sit now in the winter. Thank you again, and I hope you had a nice time there.
Ed & David

smurfy74

the covered seating works REALLY well, weve been to the resort for 7 days this month and had a mix of freezing cold and wet weather ( not enough to spoil the fun ) and the cafe has been busy all the time, and the food there is different from all the other cafes in that price range - bbq turkey legs and onion rings, and texan stuff mmmmm. So a big thumbs up for the food too. Until the extension we have never been there before

ed-uk

We have never used The Last Chance Cafe. We didn't pay much attention to it, just walked past. When we go again we'll give it a try. I'm looking forward to going back for some magic myself.
Ed & David

Anthony

Spot on about the roof. I mentioned this earlier - why is that small section different to the rest? Why are the wooden supports here rounded and detailed, when the rest are all straight angles like something bought from a DIY store? Perhaps they wanted it to flow into the Riverboat Landing better. It turned out much better-looking than the rest.

Good to see the UK isn't alone with this awful weather anyway. :wink:

kmara

I am very curious to see it myself in March (and of course all the other changes since May 2008)!
I will probably miss that wide open space, but on the other hand, it will be a good place to hide from the weather (either rain or sun). In my opinion, it's always difficult to tell things from photos, and I'll try to stay neutral until I see it in real.

food: (sorry for missusing this thread :mrgreen: )
theLCC has been closed during my last - let's say: 10? - visits, so unfortunately I have never had the chance to eat there after the year of about 1994. I am very eager to know what's on the menu now (Turkey legs and onion rings sound great!). I remember in 1992 and 1993 they served different kinds of wraps, which I really liked and I was dissappointed every time afterwards when it was closed (but since we like to travel during off-season, that's something we have to live with).
What has been served there during the last couple years? Still these TEx-Mec-style things or just some general fast food? I can imagine that this place (as many others in the park) lost a lot of its variety of the first couple years, but I would like to know from you. and then we could go back to the topic.  :mrgreen:
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida