Childless Couples in Disneyland Paris

Started by CafeFantasia, August 21, 2009, 02:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

I saw this tweet on Twitter today:
Quote@doodaf Want to scream at childless couples in Disneyland Paris WHY AREN'T YOU IN VENICE?!
I don't understand people like this. Why isn't it okay to go to Disneyland Paris if you don't have kids? Why should you prefer Venice to Disneyland Paris?

You can't dictate people's interests, their likes and dislikes. And you certainly don't need to have children to go to Disneyland Paris. That's not the idea, is it? Disneyland is supposed to be for, and appeal to, everyone. Doesn't matter if you're 3 years old or 97 years old. Everyone's a guest and everyone's welcome.

dlrpkris

I agree. If you don't have kids yourself then perhaps it can be frustrating... but how does that apply the other way around?? Stupidity.

Do 'child-less couples' scream, hoist friends onto their shoulders so you can't see, drop an food and then leave it or run around in circles, making it impossible to walk in a straight line yourself? Now they're things that can annoy me, but you're on holiday. You just don't let it. All part of the experience...
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

never2old

People who say that obviously don't understand what Disneyland is all about. It's sad really. Maybe it's because I try to go during the week and not during the school holidays, but I'm used to seeing lots couples without any kids, or groups of friends (again no kids), having the time of their lives.

Sad sad doodaf...

RnRCj

It's just that common stereotype that Disney is only for kids. I feel sorry for these people. They will never be able to be shot into space through a canon, see the ghosts inside a haunted mansion, or take a wild ride aboard a runaway mine train......

CafeFantasia

Given Disney's recent holiday brochures and TV adverts for Disneyland Paris, I can't blame this lady for thinking it's just for kids. Maybe that's the long-term result of all of this mis-marketing?

If I didn't know what Disneyland Paris is really like, there's no way it would interest me, based on what I see in the yearly brochures and TV adverts. Anyone else agree?

RnRCj

^True. Disney parks do seem to be becoming a lot more child-oriented lately. Especially with absolutely everything having to revolve around the characters now. :roll: The beautiful park is almost being forgotten about.

kiki_304

Could you imagine telling people with kids not to go to places like Ibiza and the like!  

:D  :D  :D

Willow

Yep, Disney needs to become more adult, hopefully by buying a B&M invert.  :P (not going to happen)

I think a small marketing campaign aimed at adults would be fairly successful for the resort.

dlrpkris

Tokyo DisneySea seems to get it right. Just watch their Sea Of Dreams anniversary music video and any adult would want to go!

[youtube:17gwx5z4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8OhQia9s8M[/youtube:17gwx5z4]
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

CafeFantasia

They should really have a series of brochures and tv ads, not just one, targeting the different groups of people:

- Toddlers
- Teenagers
- Couples (both young and old)
- Families
- Single/Solo Travellers

Disneyland Resort Paris has something to offer all of these groups of people, but currently all of their efforts are being focused like a laser beam on toddlers and little kids. Hence, the uninformed believe that Disneyland Paris is just for toddlers and little kids.

Owain

This is a great advert from 2006, showing more whats on offer, i like it  :)

[youtube:3i3ivw7e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV733fnEewc[/youtube:3i3ivw7e]

Aveen2008

Quote from: "dlrpkris"I agree. If you don't have kids yourself then perhaps it can be frustrating... but how does that apply the other way around?? Stupidity.

Do 'child-less couples' scream, hoist friends onto their shoulders so you can't see, drop an food and then leave it or run around in circles, making it impossible to walk in a straight line yourself? Now they're things that can annoy me, but you're on holiday. You just don't let it. All part of the experience...

Exactly! :roll:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Nicholas-c

Sorry, but parents (mothers) with pushchairs/buggies are alot worse (or better for getting through the crowd) than couples etc... 2 people going on a ride at the same time are not going to increase the queue massively... Just because you have children doesn't mean you have priority in dlp? </rant>
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Silvie78

Quote from: "Alan"I saw this tweet on Twitter today:
Quote@doodaf Want to scream at childless couples in Disneyland Paris WHY AREN'T YOU IN VENICE?!
I don't understand people like this. Why isn't it okay to go to Disneyland Paris, if you don't have kids? Why should you prefer Venice to Disneyland Paris?

You can't dictate people's interests, their likes and dislikes. And you certainly don't need to have children to go to Disneyland Paris. That's not the idea, is it. Disneyland is supposed to be for, and appeal to everyone. Doesn't matter if you're 3 years old or 97 years old. Everyone's a guest and everyone's welcome.

Agree! But what I found in the Internet: childless people/couples give Disney Hotels bad votes (perhaps on holidaycheck.de) because of the children! This is something I cannot understand, 'cause if you don't like children and their "noises", then you are definitely wrong in Disney Hotels and the Parks, aren't you?
Liebe Grüße, Silvie

dagobert

These people make me really angry, because Disneyland is for everybody and not just for families.

I think that you are absolutely right, that this situation is caused by bad advertising. You just have to look into the actual brochures, children everywhere.

We never had a bad experience with children. If people have problems with children, then they should not go to DLRP during holidays. That's the easiest way to avoid them.

If children don't behave, I think it's up to the parents that their kids obey, but sometimes I really have the feeling that it doesn't matter to them what their kids are doing. Then I have to think what would they do, if their children would do this at home.