Childless Couples in Disneyland Paris

Started by CafeFantasia, August 21, 2009, 02:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonjo

Quote from: "Alan"I saw this tweet on Twitter today:
Quote@doodaf Want to scream at childless couples in Disneyland Paris WHY AREN'T YOU IN VENICE?!

My wife and I have been to Venice and we hatted it, bad food and too many crowds.  

Give us Disneyland any time.  Nothing is more romantic than walking up Main Street USA hand in hand towards the castle.
The Disneyland Paris Shareholders Blog.
www.salonmickey.co.uk

CafeFantasia

Want to scream at childless couples in Venice WHY AREN'T YOU IN DISNEYLAND PARIS?!

Handy Andy

Quote from: "Alan"Want to scream at childless couples in Venice WHY AREN'T YOU IN DISNEYLAND PARIS?!
=D>  :D/  :lol:
Magical Wishes
Andy

Hilary

I wonder whether the original tweet wasn't referring to couples who were being, well, coupley!  Obviously this will bother some people more than others but I know I've been stuck in queues behind couples who were all over each other and it can be a bit tiresome.

Annet

On that I could agree. I sometimes feel the urge of shouting 'Get a room!' to some couples who are standing in line in front of me :P

bekiboo26

me and OH are going on our own, just for a day-trip, in december for the first time! usually we take the kids.

i didn't think anything of it until the coach company booking-lady asked us if we were taking the kids and we said no and she laughed!  :oops:   :lol:
Jan 2007 - Santa Fe - 5 days, 4 nights

Jan 2008 - Cheyenne - 8 days, 7 nights

Jan 2009 - Cheyenne - 11 days, 10 nights

September 2009 - Santa Fe - 3 days, 2 nights

Next trip - Cheyenne - 6th December - 5 days, 4 nights

Cendrillon

^ There's definitely nothing wrong with wanting to go yourselves! However I must admit, I would find it hard to forgive my parents if they planned a trip without me and my sisters! (:

bekiboo26

i know  :oops:  we did think long and hard about it though... we're going 6 days before xmas, and only for the one day on a coach trip.

we've taken the kids for the past 3x january's, plus we're going again at the end of this month, plus we're going again in february for dd's surprise birthday trip  :D

they're not *too* hard done by  :wink:   :lol:
Jan 2007 - Santa Fe - 5 days, 4 nights

Jan 2008 - Cheyenne - 8 days, 7 nights

Jan 2009 - Cheyenne - 11 days, 10 nights

September 2009 - Santa Fe - 3 days, 2 nights

Next trip - Cheyenne - 6th December - 5 days, 4 nights

loladelorean

I don't know the context of the original tweet, but it occurs to me that maybe this person was talking more about themselves than other people
Maybe they are that odd group of person i can never understand (of which, most unfortunately, my boyfriend is one) who just doesnt like/doesnt get disneyland. Maybe they go there just for their kids, and dont understand why anyone without kids would choose to go there instead of Venice?
Now, Venice is one of my favourite places. But so is Disneyland Paris. Either way, the twitterer was being narrow-minded. I just think this might be an alternative explanation to the assumed adult fan bashing?
To add to the prior discussion, of course Disneyland is for everyone! The kids embody the magic (I don't have kids or even know any kids, but like others here I delight in watching them at Disney). As for us grown ups, we become kids again.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

andrewuk

Last month was our first visit with Jack, but we saw loads of childless couples. Have to say, it was great to see them all enjoying themselves! You can do a lot more when it's just the two of you, and yes, that walk down Main Street in the morning is the most romantic thing.  :oops:  :) With a little one you always have to think about their needs, be it seeing characters, feeding, changing nappies, getting rest, etc. and so the pace is slower and things don't always go to plan. But you do get to see your child's face when they meet Mickey. And the Playhouse show is great, too, although I guess it would be a bit weird to see that without a child!

Disney is great for everyone, kids or none!
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

CafeFantasia

I'm not too good with the numbers, but I would've thought, there's a fairly limited range of years you can actually take a "child" to Disneyland Paris.

I mean, how old is a kid typically before they're tall enough for rides like the Tower of Terror and Space Mountain? I imagine something like 7-8 years old.

Say they're 8, then you've only really got 5-7 years before they're a proper teenager and don't want to be seen going to Disneyland with Mum & Dad.

Of course, that's a generalisation. But to be couple WITH a child, enjoying everything at Disneyland Paris, seems very limiting. It's such a short amount of time.

Handy Andy

My son Thomas was tall enough for ToT at the age of 5. And from memory the only rides he's not tall enough to go on are Indianna Jones & Space mountain. We are going next week and it will be touch and go whether he can go on R&RC. He's 6 now and by no means the tallest in his class at school.
Magical Wishes
Andy

littlemermaid83

My daughter is 3 years old and is tall enough for ToT and BTM, and i think by my measurements she will be tall enough to ride Crush...she is 4 next month.

She rode the first two rides back in January and loved then and she is looking forward to trying Crush if shes tall enough...so that comment is a bit ridiculous.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

CafeFantasia

Wow, I really wouldn't have thought the Tower of Terror is a ride for a 3-year-old kid, but if you say so :-) Kids have such adult tastes these days. Next thing you know, babies will be riding Space Mountain: Mission 2.

littlemermaid83

Are you trying to be sarcastic?

If your child is tall enough to ride a ride why should they not be given the chance?  If my daughter was tall enough for SM2 and wanted to ride it i'm not gonna stop her.  

The rides do not have age restrictions....well they didnt last time i looked.

Also to add to your first comment, when my DD wasnt tall enough for many rides we still had a blast at DLRP, alot of people don't go for rides...well we certainly don't, we go for the magic and atmosphere.  We probably did everything at DLRP except the main coasters as she was only just 2 years old.

Also I'm sure a lot of parents use the baby swap system.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!