Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfy74

now the float one makes me laugh - i failed to see a problem with the toystory visual, but that float visual is just silly it is true copy and paste - yuk.

DLP-Photos.com

Oh my god that first visual of the float is the worst photoshop job I have ever seen (if it really comes from Disney I am very surprised that they let such a visual get out of the interns' room)...

The others look pretty initial too (as the article) mention, but I cannot see any change at all to the Monsters Inc. location? :-k
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

RnRCj

More bad visuals. :(

I almost liked the Ratatouille one, but then realised that the CGI characters don't go well at all with the 2D background.

Gareth

Althou the new visuals are not top notch (this set i love the others and tspl) there not gunna be all around the parks and look at all the new treats ignor the pics and think whats coming =D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Willow

Quote from: "Gareth"Althou the new visuals are not top notch (this set i love the others and tspl) there not gunna be all around the parks and look at all the new treats ignor the pics and think whats coming =D

Spot on! They are probably not going to be seen around the parks. (The same with Toy Story Playland's)

Whats the issue? I very much doubt that the recent images are going to stop people on here going to the parks, and I'm sure they won't stop other people going to the parks.

Anthony

Quote from: "Willow"Whats the issue? I very much doubt that the recent images are going to stop people on here going to the parks, and I'm sure they won't stop other people going to the parks.
Maybe some people lust after a marketing department that doesn't not stop people going to the parks but actively makes them want to go... that's what they're meant to do, isn't it?

You're right (about TSPL too) that anyone who uses these to say the actual events will be bad is probably just looking for negativity, but it doesn't seem unreasonable for us to despair that DLP continues to churn out this stuff, even if it's not very surprising.

Nicholas-c

Surely i can't be the only person who thinks the visuals etc are 'good'?

So far this is summing up to be alot better than MMP.
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

pussinboots

They're not very good, but it doesn't surprise me anymore. How long have we had this sort of thing now? It started with the spring festivals, and now we have annual festivals, and they're mediocre and designed to cater to the lowest common denominator, and somewhere an intern is kept busy Photoshopping blue skies behind stock visuals.

loladelorean

I would like to say that I don't really see the need for these overwhelming "themes" every year, as I think it detracts from real events like anniversaries. However, I think overall this looks like a better thought-out theme than MMP. Being more of a classic Disney fan, I'm not too keen on the new Pixar movies personally but I can definitely see the marketing appeal especially for kids.
I'm happy to see that Princess Tiana features strongly - I'm already overexcited about seeing a brand new 2D Disney movie! It looks amazing.
A big gripe I have is the green lettering on the logo. As someone pointed out, it is probably based on the Princess and the Frog but I don't think it looks nice at all.
Fingers crossed for an announcement about a new show at Videopolis, I'm still sad that the Lion King is gone.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

The Butlin Boy

Two new visuals have surfaced on DLRP Today. The first is for Disney's All Stars Express

Obviously this is just another retheme of the Character Express/Minnie's Party Train, but for the love of God please do not keep it as the current design. Firstly because it's current look is to tie in with it being Minnie's Party Train, Red and white polka dot don't make much sense. Second reason being that it currently looks horrible! I hoping for a more subtle colour scheme, like the perect White, Blue and Gold of the Character Express.

The Second Visual is just a random general one:

This pne actually doesn't look too bad, especially compared to some of the other ones. My only two concerns are the two orange Mickey heads on the two glass windows, and the Mickey flag that is on top. Please tell me that this doesn't mean that we are actually going to get these on the Castle, just keep it plain for a change, and then you can tart it up again for the 20th :roll:

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/09/15/dis ... 0-preview/

loladelorean

Quote from: "Riebi"hm I donĀ“t get this parachute thing...looks a bit..."diffrent" for me.
Are the parachutes based on the soldiers in Toy Story??
I've just been trying to get my head round the parachute thing, and this is the only connection I can think of. Rather a loose one....
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

howtodeal

I'm really disappointed that "Enchanted" is not part of next year's theme.
last time i checked the movie was a big hit  :?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "howtodeal"I'm really disappointed that "Enchanted" is not part of next year's theme.
last time i checked the movie was a big hit  :?

You're right there, it would have been the perfect way to promote the Enchanted Fireworks (if they're planning to keep them). I was also hoping that the theme of next year would mean that they could get some of the Bolt and Up (and Enchanted as you said) characters over to Paris too, but it doesn't seem like we will :roll:

Gareth

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the new posters expesh the second one :D id be happy to see this as a cover to somthing  :D/  Go Disney  :D/

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Anthony

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"My only two concerns are the two orange Mickey heads on the two glass windows, and the Mickey flag that is on top. Please tell me that this doesn't mean that we are actually going to get these on the Castle, just keep it plain for a change, and then you can tart it up again for the 20th :roll:
The Mickey touches probably don't meant that that'll actually happen to the castle, it's just a depressing realisation that whoever puts these images together discussed between them "The Castle just doesn't fit! It's not marketable enough!" Pftt. (that's me spitting)

Quote from: "loladelorean"Are the parachutes based on the soldiers in Toy Story??
I've just been trying to get my head round the parachute thing, and this is the only connection I can think of. Rather a loose one....
Mixture of marketing the new attraction and using it as a way to show these new characters "arriving" in the parks, yeah. Although that doesn't make sense because Buzz has been there since 2006, so using him as the lead in a separate land in a separate park is silly to say the least.

The whole year will be a good way to make things like Crush, Cars, Stitch and Buzz (Laser Blast) feel new again.