Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

And here's what the French will get :wink: ...

Source: News DLRP

Adam

Ummm...not quite the same as New Generation Festival - they have replaced Festival with Year! It all translates ok, so it seems a bit odd.

Anthony

Sorry to say, but the international logos don't look good at all. It's obvious the design was created using the English title and has had to be twisted around uncomfortably to squeeze in the alternate names:

More here...

At least we won't see much of them.

Aveen2008

wow that looks....erm...well bad to say the least! :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

dagobert

Didn't Disney provide a German logo, too?

Anthony

That's the first one, "New Stars Festival"! It's marked as "GR" (Germany?).

Maybe it'll be used for all the Benelux too?

skalos

GR its Greece...

But it can't be Greece, so maybe its just a mistake and they wanted to mark it GE, GER or DE...

Tuvok

I think 'New Stars Festival' is way better then 'New Generation Festival'. The logo with 'Stars' is good and will be used in Germany (and probably the Benelux area also). Glad we're getting the 'Stars' version here!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Annet

I like the new stars version better too, only I think Woody, Buzz and Stitch aren't really 'new stars' anymore. And the Mickey doesn't fit in either, but I get why he has to be in the picture.

dagobert

I also like the "New Stars" logo better, although I'm not happy with this festival in general.

Anthony

New brochure covers for travel companies:

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/10/18/mee ... brochures/

See all 5 images here.

Now as well as the bad editing of the tree MagicStar spotted, there's something on the left which appears to be remnants of some messing around with the castle hill... Shrinking it so it doesn't distract from the characters or something.

Dumb Mickey stickers present on both windows too.

I quite like this RC version though, the others not so much...

Aveen2008

I think this cover is better than the other 4, it's not as full on in your face with a load of badly edited characters :roll:
Luv Aveen xoxo

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"Now as well as the bad editing of the tree MagicStar spotted, there's something on the left which appears to be remnants of some messing around with the castle hill... Shrinking it so it doesn't distract from the characters or something.

Dumb Mickey stickers present on both windows too.

Apart from the obvious stock images, some of these images aren't that bad. But these things that you've pointed out Ant, especially the thing on the left (which you didn't even need to mention! BTW, the same effect can be seen on the left too!) are just appalling :shock:

Not good DLP, not good at all :evil:

Edit: just looking at it again, in the one with Slinky on top of the trap door and Buzz below, isn't Slinky Waaaaaay out of scale with Buzz here!? :roll:

dagobert

Will these covers also used for the brochures you can order on the dlrp homepage? The covers get worse from year to year.

Anthony

Quote from: "dagobert"Will these covers also used for the brochures you can order on the dlrp homepage? The covers get worse from year to year.
For the official brochures, no. If they do the same as with MMP, I think that cover will be the first New Generation Festival visual we saw, the one with Buzz parachuting in behind the letters.

These images are provided for international tour/travel operators to use as their DLP brochure covers.