Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbo

If you freeze the advert , the image of the park is nothing like Paris or any other park !! It seems to be very photoshopped , it looks to be full of circus tents and a monorail track ? But then I suppose they don't expect people to disect the advert frame by frame !!

jennytablina

I absolutely adore this new ad! Its great seeing actual Disney characters on my screen rather than simply random footage or cheap effects like the balloons last year!

It also instills a spark of hope for me personally in Disneyland Paris. With this new festival it feels like DLRP is finally moving away from the endless use of character clipart it tended to employ (for whatever reason. Though their ads still use it to some degree). At the same time the fact they can get new Pixar stock images and all new animation makes me wonder; Are Disney finally warming up to their European Park?

Maybe I'm being wildly optimistic, but it feels like theres a bit more going on between DLRP and Disney than there has been for a while. It would be nice to think that finally this is a big turn in the parks fortunes at last heh
Going back to Join Mickeys Party! ]

Previous Disney trips:
WDW: 98, 99, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
DLP: 2005 (Surprise 16th Birthday trip!)

Malin

Quote from: "Timbo"If you freeze the advert , the image of the park is nothing like Paris or any other park !! It seems to be very photoshopped , it looks to be full of circus tents and a monorail track ? But then I suppose they don't expect people to disect the advert frame by frame !!

I believe the park used in the footage is actually Disneyland California, and icons like the Castle and Space Mountain have just been photoshoped in to make it look like Paris.

Anthony

Those US ads are nice (the one with CMs preparing was also shown in the UK), but they are incredibly slushy, the "time of your life" one just nauseating, and not really appropriate for this. DLP and WDW have very different briefs - WDW is very "once in a lifetime" whereas DLP is still focused on "you must visit now, and visit again". These commercials have a sense of excitement, urgency and for the first time in a few years, they look properly "Disney" and I don't think even overtly focused on kids... not compared to the past two years.

And for the record, the current WDW ad here is a really badly dubbed effort with two obnoxious parents in a giant mansion smugging about how much money they've saved on the WDW website...

Quote from: "jennytablina"Maybe I'm being wildly optimistic, but it feels like theres a bit more going on between DLRP and Disney than there has been for a while.
Absolutely. It's kind of necessary with the theme because every use of Pixar characters has to be approved by the studio themselves. In fact I'm sure there's crossover all the time, it's just not usually as visible.

I also agree with what you posted on DLRP Today actually, these ads are reminiscent (in a very good way) of the original 1992 commercials with the animated characters arriving on the stars... What a great choice to use these proper animated characters rather than the expressionless park characters, which just look silly in advertisements. And despite being worried how well they'd animate the characters for a 40 second TV spot, I'm really impressed.

I presume there will be some people who still dislike this because oh it's new and it's character-heavy and it's Pixar, which is a shame because the quality is top notch. Other forums are gushing with praise. This whole campaign will work wonders for their bookings here. They even got a good British voiceover for once!

Oh, and more good news -- they're advertising in cinemas (not sure which ones), in front of Alice in Wonderland and Toy Story 3! That's something we've been asking for for YEARS!

dagobert

Although I like the US spots better, I have to admit that the new spot is better than the old one. Still not a big fan of the spot.

That's great news that the spots are shown in cinemas, but I'm sure not in Germany and Austria. I'm also sure that we will not even see it on TV. Do the DVDs in the UK, France or in any other European country still have DLRP spots in the trailer show. Here not anymore, but sometimes there was a leaflet about the 15th celebration or Micky's Magical Party inside the box.

dagobert

The quarterly published magazine of Vienna International Hotels feature an article about the NGF and about the Magic Circus Hotel.

You can find the article, it's in German and in English, here:

http://www.vi-hotels.com/de/vi-world/vi-magazine/

You have to click on the "VI MAGAZIN DOWNLOAD" button and then you have to scroll down to page 67. It's nothing we don't know yet.

Anthony

Quote from: "dagobert"Do the DVDs in the UK, France or in any other European country still have DLRP spots in the trailer show.
No leaflets for a while, but in the UK they usually come with the latest trailer. For Up, released just a couple of weeks ago, that was unfortunately for Mickey's Magical Party... I guess the disc was put together before DLP had the new one ready. With Toy Story and Toy Story 2 released on Blu-ray next week, hopefully they'll have changed it...

lil-shawn

QuoteThat's great news that the spots are shown in cinemas, but I'm sure not in Germany and Austria. I'm also sure that we will not even see it on TV.

That´s why i don´t understand all the moaning, germans don´t visit the park as much as others.
if they would bring the adverts in the cinemas or tv the kids would kill they´re parants to go there!

also it was a huge mistake not to bring any ad for ToT ect.. in germany disneyland is a place for kids and
not more. so they don´t have to moan about it....

i think this advert is really great, it reminds me of the the first ones in 1992, but it would be
better if the had shown also some stuff for teens and parents not just kidds!!!

dagobert

That's the German trailer of NGF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooJfPUG37Is

RnRCj

I have to say I'm rather surprised at how well made the adverts are. I think they just about deserve a "well done" from me on that. However there's still that problem of not showing anything of the actual resort. They really need to do this because there is no doubt that a few shots of Big Thunder, Space Mountain etc. would really encourage people to go.

luke85

Quote from: "RnRCj"I have to say I'm rather surprised at how well made the adverts are. I think they just about deserve a "well done" from me on that. However there's still that problem of not showing anything of the actual resort. They really need to do this because there is no doubt that a few shots of Big Thunder, Space Mountain etc. would really encourage people to go.

Yeah I've never known why there isn't actually any footage of popular attractions? I think it would be a good way to encourage previous guests to want to visit again. It might jog their memories and make them remember how much they enjoyed visiting the last time!

Anthony

Here are two more ads, the 10 second Announcement that's being played most of all at the moment:

[youtube:32bhloiq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMQWddskPZM[/youtube:32bhloiq]
And one of the 30 second spots, featuring the Cinderella/Lightning McQueen scene:

[youtube:32bhloiq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9YSyeFdY1Y[/youtube:32bhloiq]
Source: http://www.dlrptoday.com/2010/03/02/two ... making-of/

The other versions don't really show anything different.

paul

Spooky, just clicked and read this, then an ad came on TV  =D>

peep

I went through Victoria Station in London today and all down the escalators they played the shorter ad on the screens and had massive ads in the middle section of the escalators, it looked awesome and you couldn't not notice it, great promotion by DLP!
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

ToadWithPinkEyes

Yes I've seen a few poster ads down Crickelwood (N. London) near where I work. Very excite!