Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

DLP has contracts with tour operators about which characters they can use.  Mickey and the other Fab 5 are VIP's and may not be used by most tour operators (MMP was the only exception).

15yearsofMagic2008

Why won't Disneyland Paris just have a normal year for once rather than a stupid tacky cartoon one ?
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

jennytablina

Y'know I look at Christmas and wonder why exactly so much good stuff is on there yet most of the year there's a large lack of entertainment

I didn't dislike MMP as much as some but it really didn't have much prominence in the parks at all! Sure there was banners and the theme song in the station and the odd kiddie menu renaming but even the paper cups and such tended to be more often 15th anniversary ones rather than MMP on our June trip.

Really it wasn't the characters or the music - it was the half-arsed feel of the whole thing that was disappointing. Yet this new season is starting off feeling even cheaper (why oh why cant DLRP use something other than stock art for publicity? Is it something Disney themselves wont allow?)

Incedentally - any way to know when this new season starts? MMP ends March 7th and we go to DLRP on the 11th...
Going back to Join Mickeys Party! ]

Previous Disney trips:
WDW: 98, 99, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
DLP: 2005 (Surprise 16th Birthday trip!)

Anthony

Starts 2nd April 2010.

And you're right. If MMP was about repurposing the 15th Anniversary events, NGF is churning the same things up into something new again. This whole "theme years" programme is just smoke and mirrors on Central Plaza to detract from the cutbacks further into the parks.

Oh, and from April 2010, it'll be £51 for a 1 Day/2 Park hopper (and the special offer version, not the gate price), up £4 on the current price and £10 on April 2009 (used to be £41). Simply insane.

RockNRoller

Quote from: "15yearsofMagic2008"Why won't Disneyland Paris just have a normal year for once rather than a stupid tacky cartoon one ?

Couldn't agree more, when i were a lad I remember we had a lovely park to go to now they seem to want to let the basics like maintenance slip away to spend money on festival after festival. I'd like to know how many additional people these events actually attract. Judging by the latest financial report not enough.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

The Butlin Boy

New Official Summer catalogue is now available on the DLP website, full to the rim with NGF goodies :wink:

http://www.disneylandparis.com/BROCHURE ... /appli.htm

Gareth

o0o0o0o i think that the broucure looks amazing i love the new hotel pages very good  =D>

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

never2old

That brochure looks gorgeous!!

Maybe the New Generation Festival is not so bad after all...

dagobert

The brochure looks better than expected, but I think the parks should be better presented with more pictures and descriptions, like they did 10 years ago.

SM:M3

So much better than the "Mickey's Magical Party" rubbish

luke85

Wow! I really am pleasantly surprised. I particularly loved each of the hotel pages, I thought they looked so great! Good work :)

Anthony

Hollywood Boulevard looks beautiful! I'm so glad the powers that be have discovered that the Studios does have a great-looking area to be advertised.

The hotel pages are clever the way they give you a "feel" of the rooms. The rest of the brochure... far better design than last year, but lacking even more in pictures. Maybe they've done research and it doesn't actually matter. I suppose within seconds most people can be online researching, finding thousands of real pictures. Maybe Kristof has infiltrated the company and this is all to help Photos Magiques get more visitors, by banning real photos from the brochures? Haha.

One thing that massively bugs me though is that they're insisting on "new generation festival" being lower case. Even "Disney showtime spectacular" in lower case, which looks stupid because "Disney" has to keep the capital. Disney, you're about 5 years late for this "oooh lower case makes everything look so modern" bandwagon. It just looks like you forgot to employ a proofreader!

littlemermaid83

The broucher is nice i must admit, not so harsh on the eyes as the last one lol.

Is Tiana only going to be on the parade? Will she not have her own meet and greet?  This is the only reason i'm thinking of having a trip next year so my DD can meet Tiana.  If she's not going to be doing any meet and greet at all then whats the point?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Waddi

I'm disapointed in the lack of new generation in this new generation festival, I see new generation as anyone characters/movies after and including Toy Story, but no mention of any of these in the festival (yet);

• The Muppets
  • Hunchback
  • Hercules
  • Tarzan
  • Chicken Little
  • Bugs life
  • Incredibles
  • Treasure Planet
  • Brother Bear
  • meet the robinsons
  • Nemo
  • Wall-e
  • Bolt
  • up
  • G Force
  • Hannah Montana
  • HSM
  • Camp Rock/Jonas Brothers
  • Enchanted
  • Tinkerbell
  • Alice in Wonderland (new movie out next year)
  • Rapunzel (New movie out next year)

Some of these I know have been featured at DLRP before, so surely they must still have the costumes, and announce that they will be making a return, I for one would book imediately if they were to announce that the incredibles would be making an appearance.

Anthony

What's this - parachutes broken? Inaccurate landing?

Come on kids, hitchhike to Disneyland! :wink:

Good to see the Incredibles there.