[WDW] Soap's Florida dream come true trip report

Started by Soap, August 10, 2009, 03:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soap

Howdy people!

Again, it has been a long time ago, but my life is a bit hectic at the moment ;)

June (15-30) this year our longtime dream came true, as a highpoint in our trip we went for a 6day and 6night visit to WDW! My mom, my wife and me!
It was everything and more we had ever expected. We had a great trip with blazing thunder storms and steamy hot days, but nothing stopped us from having the time of our lives.
Especially my mom was so impressed and so emotional about it, worth every dollar and every minute  :oops:

Route: Miami > Daytona > Cocoa Beach > St. Augistine > Orlando (Pop Centery/All star Music > St. Petersberg > Naples > Key West > Miami!

The only real, real downside was the passing of one of our biggest beloved stars, MJ.
I hope you will find your peace in heaven MJ. You will be missed, but your music will live 4 ever
We just watched UP @ St. Petersberg when the sad news reached us....
(What a surprise UP was, great movie! Entered my personal top3 pixar movies!)

I'm not that good with words and i think a picture says so much more then words, so i hope my pictures tell the story by themselfs :)
Also we did so much...i don't even know where to begin!
(It ain't them all, but just a impression)

* Argh, why can't i load my picasa pictures here??? *
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

davewasbaloo

Glad you had a good time. Now start saving up for California, and even better Disney experience IMHO.

I would love to hear your impressions of WDW vs DLP more than pics to be honest.  But I am really glad you finally made it.
since 2001 (many before that)

Soap

Hi Dave!

Well my feeling of WDW vs. DLRP was mostly that WDW is so much more "grown-up" and it's much further then paris. Which off course is normal in years of exsisting, but it just isn't just that.
I expected it to be much bigger and less cousy, but instead is was so much more finished and more magical. Also the castmembers and entertainment had more energy, power and soul to it.
Less the feeling of "Just working @ Disney" like paris, but a real pride of being part of the family.
If you know what i mean?
Especially the Studios is a good example i think.

Our next goal is Tokio and maybe including Hong Kong. :) (2010)
We save the "best" for last. (Also because of the big changes going on there at the moment)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

davewasbaloo

Very true. Sadly the state of the Magic Kingdom, the size of the place and the weather always puts me in a bad mood. Loved it when we honeymooned there in 2000, but since then, each visit has been worse and worse.

That said, Epcot and Animal Kingdom are fantastic. And yes, the cast members are better in the main (it took a long time to get used to DLP cast members).

But that is my one major complaint at Paris is the entertainment offerings. The quality of Tarzan and Lion King used to make up for this, but now, it is sooooo lacking.

Soap

Animal Kingdom amazed me in every bit!
I expected it to be just some great zoo, but wow, disney magic is everywhere
and especially in the details. The tree of life is one great eye catcher with so much detail, just stunning!

Epcot also was a great experience, Illuminations was great and World showcase was such a different thing.

But the thing i will never forget is the first time Fantasmic! OMG what a fabulous piece of entertainment! Just blowed me away  :shock:

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Soap"But the thing i will never forget is the first time Fantasmic! OMG what a fabulous piece of entertainment! Just blowed me away  :shock:

Glad you enjoyed it. You see, I saw F! at DL 1st, and therefore I can no longer enjoy the smaller scale version in Florida. The California version uses the full scale Mark Twain full of characters instead of that little Steamboat Willy version. And instead of the Pocahantas scene, DL has a full size pirate ship with a sword fight between Peter Pan and Capt. Hook. It all comes alive on the Rivers of America which adds to the wow factor. Sadly, I could never enjoy the Fla version other than having a place to sit down.

But I do love the music at both shows

Nala_84

Aw Soap, it's great that you've been to Florida recently and I'm already looking so much forward to your photos :)!
My fiancé and I are going to have our first trip to Florida (Clearwater & Kissimmee with also 6 days at WDW) in November, so I'm enjoying every peace of report and pictures from there :)!

I'm glad that you liked it there so much and I'm really curious to read & see more of your impressions :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Gareth

oooo florida im going htere next year so cant wait to see the photos :D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

Soap

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "Soap"But the thing i will never forget is the first time Fantasmic! OMG what a fabulous piece of entertainment! Just blowed me away  :shock:

Glad you enjoyed it. You see, I saw F! at DL 1st, and therefore I can no longer enjoy the smaller scale version in Florida. The California version uses the full scale Mark Twain full of characters instead of that little Steamboat Willy version. And instead of the Pocahantas scene, DL has a full size pirate ship with a sword fight between Peter Pan and Capt. Hook. It all comes alive on the Rivers of America which adds to the wow factor. Sadly, I could never enjoy the Fla version other than having a place to sit down.

But I do love the music at both shows

Sweet, there's even better and more of it  :D/
Keep the best for last i say. We are now planning Tokio and HK for june 2010!

Also 1 great attractions is Philharmagic, what great use of all theater options available at the moment. Loved it every time :)
Donald is so cool and just the duck for it.

One of the less appealing atractions was Stitch's Encounter, what a dark (i mean real dark, without real use) and bumpy sitback.

Soap

Finally ;)
The first pictures of day 1 @ The Studios.

5 of 6 day we slept @ The Pop century. Good value for the money :)

My mom at here year

Goofy @ surf mode

My wife and mom at the hollywood studios

TOT

The temperture was so high and also the humidity. A few hours later the thunderstorm arrived!!

Belle & The beast. Great show.

Oehh....kissing!

Just some dude...(no serieus, i forgot his name...)

Block Party Bash, a great energetic parade! It included a rain dance.....

Mister Incredible is pointing it out...a storm is coming!

Even the photographer is wet to the bone....

The Butlin Boy

Great photos Soap, I can't wait to see some more :) I'm glad to hear that you had a great time :wink:

Aveen2008

Great pics so far Soap, can't wait to see more! :D/

May I ask...did you find the holiday overall very expensive??

:D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Soap

Quote from: "Aveen2008"Great pics so far Soap, can't wait to see more! :D/

May I ask...did you find the holiday overall very expensive??

:D

No we didn't :)
At the $ at this rate, it's a very good deal for the € or pound.
We made a package upfront and i must say i't was a great deal.
1300€ p.p all-in (without gas, food and some extra car rental costs)
(15 days, 14 nights, full size car, medium hotels, all the way around florida)

More pictures will follow soon!

Soap

Part 2:

A exhibition to Walt. Great stuff :)

Great little musical show with Ariel starring.

Great hollywood evening boulevard pictures

TOT! Looks more fitting here then at DLRP.

Rock and rollercoaster!

The crowd at Fantasmic! WOW :| And off-course a wave was started  :P

TOT sign @ Night

The apprentices hat @Night

One of the coolest attractions of WDW, Toy Story Midway Mania!

The shops had great statues and windows!

This the end of day @ The Studios!

More to come!!!

DLP-Photos.com

Lovely report and great pictures....

I will probably never visit the american parks due to my insane fear of flying, so it is very nice to read and see something from the parks.

I cannot wait to see more of your report :D
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]