Disneyland Paris: Pin Trading Nights

Started by Anthony, April 25, 2006, 11:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Next Pin Trading Night: 27th November 2009

Disney's Santa Fe Hotel from 6.00pm onwards.

This month's pins details are available in the new Disneyland Paris: Pin Trading Releases thread.

Masamune

:o There's going to be a Disney Villains Christmas pin event in December.

:( So wish I could go!

Aveen2008

its weird that it doesnt even mention pins lol!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

My brothers mates wife is taking her two little girls to DLP a week before xmas I might ask her to pick me up a few pins but she dont know what pins are so I think it would be hit and miss lol

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Stitch2814"My brothers mates wife is taking her two little girls to DLP a week before xmas I might ask her to pick me up a few pins but she dont know what pins are so I think it would be hit and miss lol

if its anything like pin trading night she would be queuing for an hour or more to get the pins released that night.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Adam

Next Pin Trading Event: 19th December 2009

Villains Christmas Event

Disney's Newport Bay Club from 12noon onwards.

This month's pins details are available in the Disneyland Paris: Pin Trading Releases thread.

Adam

Next Pin Trading Night: 29th January 2010

Disney's Sequoia Lodge Hotel from 6.00pm onwards.

This month's pins details are available in the new Disneyland Paris: Pin Trading Releases thread.

Belle's World

Lindsay could you tell us how you got on at the pin trading night? I would be really interested in hearing about it as i ahve never been to one before.
Ro

Masamune

:oops: There isn't that much to tell unfortunatly. We got there about 4:30pm, and then someone started the que for the Pin Trading Night pin coupons at about 4:50pm, even though they don't give out the coupons till 6pm. We knew we had to rush off and get the coach to the airport as soon as we bought the pins, so there wasn't much time for browsing at all.

The lovely Jessica Rabbit Cast Member was there. :) He's such a nice man (although he's also a little bit odd). He introduced me to another Cheshire Cat collector, so I had a look at his pins. He had loads of my Holy Grails, but I didn't really have anything he wanted to trade. If I would've had enough time after buying the PTN pins then I would've gone back to trade with him, but the coach was at 6:45pm and by the time we got our coupons and qued up to buy the pins it was about 6:35pm. We needed to pick up our bags as well from the baggage hold room, so we literally did have to rush out and get ourselves sorted.

Since this was my 3rd Pin Trading Night, I wasn't too upset about not having enough time at it. And this time I found myself just feeling a bit skeptical about trying to talk/trade with anyone, considering how badly poor Aveen had been treated at her 1st PTN. Also, the area they set up at the Sequoia lodge was much much bigger than the Santa Fe area they set up for the last 2 PTNs I'd been too. Once again it was all a bit too over-whelming, and although more time would've been nice, I was still most interested in just getting the PTN pins and going home.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune"
Since this was my 3rd Pin Trading Night, I wasn't too upset about not having enough time at it. And this time I found myself just feeling a bit skeptical about trying to talk/trade with anyone, considering how badly poor Aveen had been treated at her 1st PTN. Also, the area they set up at the Sequoia lodge was much much bigger than the Santa Fe area they set up for the last 2 PTNs I'd been too. Once again it was all a bit too over-whelming, and although more time would've been nice, I was still most interested in just getting the PTN pins and going home.

Sorry hun I didn't mean to scare you off, I just wanted to be honest about my experience :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

I cant wait to go to a PTN maybe next year when I get myself sorted and I can take a trip to DLRP :) as would love to go even for a few days or just for the experience of the night really.

Belle's World

Thanks Lindsay. It's a shame you didn't have more time to trade before going home. I can't decide if i would like to go to one of these or not considering that you take so much time out of the park and they could just turn down all your trades. At least it is free to go to and the pin trading night pins are always good to trade with.
Ro

Stitch2814

thats all I would really want if I went to one of these is a PTN pin, Id keep one for myself no matter who it was as a momento of first one but Id trade the reast as they are always tradable which is a good thing.

Masamune

:P Aww, don't be silly Aveen. I wasn't scared, I was just skeptical. Since we didn't have much time, I just didn't see much point in even bothering to try and trade with anyone. If we would've had more time it would surely be a different story. :)

simonandwendy626

Wendy has just found out that there is a PTN on the 26th of feb which is whilst we are out there. This will be our 4th night and will be looking forward to it. I just hope the dont run out of pins like last time we were there.

We have found from the experience so far that there are a core group who go to all the nights who if your not careful will try and trade your pins for either french limited or want 2/3 pins for 1, which really is frustrating. :evil:

That said they are not all bad and it is great to see people from all over the world sharing in our hobby :D/

8 days till DLRP here we come